General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

First parking lot encounter today . . .

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2006, 10:06 PM
First parking lot encounter today . . .

Coming back to my Fit from the video store (Munich, btw), guy about 40 looking at my car as I get in and start it. With a silly grin he asks, "I know this is a brand new car and all, but can I sit in it?" So I said sure and he actually tried out the back seats first. Nice guy, was gushing all over the car as I told him how versatile it was; he really wants one and has heard all the great things about it. As I was telling him that people were getting rid of their mini vans to get into a Fit, I looked over and sure enough he was driving a Grand Caravan!

Anyway, nice to get the attention - the car surely deserves it!

Old 07-07-2006, 10:15 PM
Same here,
Got alot of attention on the Road.
But somehow they always seem to ask the same question "Is this the new Hybrid car?" lol.

Old 07-07-2006, 10:20 PM
5 Year Member
I get the hybrid, stuff too. I hear gas is going up $.30 more. that will be around $3.60 for us in NY.

Old 07-07-2006, 10:28 PM
you scared me I thought this was going to be a door ding post. The Fit does get alot of attention.

Old 07-07-2006, 10:40 PM
Just gotta love out Fits!!

We're attention whores with our cars... jk

Old 07-07-2006, 10:47 PM
Ditto

Haha, too funny. I was at the dealer's service center to have them look at a few things. When I turned my back, a family walked over to the car. I looked over and the next thing I notice is that mom, dad, and the kids are sitting in my car. They didnt notice my stuff sitting in the car, with my groceries in the back! When I came over to ask them to leave, they thought I was a salesperson and started asking questions.

Old 07-07-2006, 10:49 PM
Talking

Originally Posted by jake95825
Haha, too funny. I was at the dealer's service center to have them look at a few things. When I turned my back, a family walked over to the car. I looked over and the next thing I notice is that mom, dad, and the kids are sitting in my car. They didnt notice my stuff sitting in the car, with my groceries in the back! When I came over to ask them to leave, they thought I was a salesperson and started asking questions.
Hilarious!

Old 07-07-2006, 10:58 PM
speaking of door dings, (I thought that was what the parking lot encounter was too) I have some scratches on my back fender bumper. Anyone have any info as to how I could get them out of the plastic? they are not very deep or noticiable but I find them every time I wash the car. They were there from the dealership look like they may have happened when they cleaned the car up.

Old 07-07-2006, 11:24 PM
Someone that Posts too much
got rid of my oddysey for the Fit.

Old 07-08-2006, 01:19 AM
Someone that spends his life on FitFreak.net
Originally Posted by kingdlx
you scared me I thought this was going to be a door ding post. The Fit does get alot of attention.
me too. the title is misleading

Old 07-08-2006, 03:16 AM
June 2007 1st Place Fit of the Month Winner
5 Year Member
cool yo the FIT does get mad love...even though i paid $75 dollars to fix a ding on my hood...i did not post pics of it cause it sucked looking at it so i fix it the same day...i did not know how the hell it got there

Old 07-08-2006, 04:20 AM
LOL, this thread could have easily turned into, "My Fit was stolen today."

Old 07-08-2006, 12:03 PM
Coming out of the supermarket one day as I headed toward my Fit I noticed a young couple (mid 20's) standing and staring at it. As I started to open the hatch they noticed me and said "We just love your car! Wanna trade?"

I also get the "Is that a new hybrid?" question a lot. Thursday night before music practice, I met our pianist in the parking lot. She said "That's a cute little car. Is it a hybrid?" I said "No, it's a Honda Fit." Then she said "Well, when did you get your Prius?" I said "No, it's a Honda. Prius is made by Toyota."

Old 07-09-2006, 10:31 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kingdlx
Speaking of door ding posts and parking lots -- I've been looking for a thread so I can let you know I found a Dent Wizard -- and he really was! My Fit had two small door dings, passenger rear, from a Home Depot shopping cart. Thanks to the mention on the forum, I looked up paintless dent repair, found the Dent Wizard site, and a local tech. The poor guy works all the time in hot parking lots, fixing used cars for dealers. He takes on private individuals' work. I called him, met him for an estimate while he was at a local dealer, working in 90 degree heat in their back parking lot. He said the damage wasn't bad at all. Took the 2 dings out in 20 min. on the spot, charged me $99. Now my Sport Silver looks brand new again! Thank you, Jason and Dent Wizard!

Old 07-12-2006, 11:13 AM
I was in the parking lot of Trader Joe's, where I had just finished putting my groceries in the hatch. The guy in the next spot asked, "What is this car?" I looked at his ride and it was a Vespa (yay)! I told him it was the Fit, let him look inside, and alerted him that I liked his vehicle. In turn, he told me he liked mine. We bid each other a safe drive, and goodbye.

I got in my car, started it, and he appeared at my passenger window, to ask me out. Haha, yikes? It was very flattering though.

Old 07-12-2006, 11:24 AM
Originally Posted by jake95825
On the day mine got delivered I took it for a quick spin then locked it so nobody would get inside it.

I could see people out on the lot looking in the windows and trying the door but no joy!

Old 07-12-2006, 12:56 PM
5 Year Member
Myself and Another member of FitFreaks were in a parking lot taking picks of our two blue Fits and this around 40's couple pull up and ask, "That's the new Honda?" We said yes it is, and they wanted to check it out! So we let them sit in it and we demonstrated the magic seats, We pretty much sold them the car!

Will HOnda give FitFreak.net any credit... NO! How about a free car to giveaway!!!!!!

Like the home page says we're supposed to give away a FIT!

I'm sure that All of us are rolling advertisement for Honda!! All we need is FitFreak.net lic. plates on ALL of our rides and we're set!

Old 07-12-2006, 01:17 PM
Did he have any candy for you?

Old 07-12-2006, 01:40 PM
5 Year Member
Because the car is so new here, my friends and I always joke around, saying "What the hell is THAT?!" Just the other day we were at the mall where these two hispanic gentlemen parked their xB Scion next to my car and started admiring it. When I approached my car, they started asking about it. I demonstrated the magic seats and they were in awe. They were both auto detailers and showed me their rear light tints on their xB and said that they are preparing their ride to be painted Chameleon (sp?)

Looks like the FIT is going to be a HIT. Give it another year before they flood the streets like Civics do now.

Old 07-12-2006, 02:07 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by annie
I was in the parking lot of Trader Joe's, where I had just finished putting my groceries in the hatch. The guy in the next spot asked, "What is this car?" I looked at his ride and it was a Vespa (yay)! I told him it was the Fit, let him look inside, and alerted him that I liked his vehicle. In turn, he told me he liked mine. We bid each other a safe drive, and goodbye.

I got in my car, started it, and he appeared at my passenger window, to ask me out. Haha, yikes? It was very flattering though.
Flattering... yet creepy!

haha

Quick Reply: First parking lot encounter today . . .