General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Boring Stock Wheels on the 2012 Fit??

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2011, 09:07 AM
5 Year Member
This is one of the first things I said, but I bought it anyways. They make me gag.

Old 10-22-2011, 04:54 PM
Originally Posted by 1SickVeilsideZ
Nice choices for hub caps! My GF just got the blue raspberry metallic as well in the base model. I was surprised that her 2012 came with the ipod connection in the upper glove box portion since I thought it didn't come with the base models, it also came with the rear cargo tray. I just picked up some carpet mats for her and I will be putting my stock sport wheels on her car this weekend as well.

You guys will love the car! Congrats!
Thanks for the encouragement. =)
DID YOU GET THOSE WHEELS ON??
PICS!! Please!

Originally Posted by Knownlimits
I work in the auto business and i wanted to let you know that you are making a good decision with getting her a new car for several reasons..

The used car market is really out of wack right now and the prices are inflated… This car should last your daughter the next 10 years or so….

you are getting a really good rate and it is helping build her credit.

She wont have to spend as much on maintenance because she is getting a new car.. used cars are cheaper to start but can sometimes cost double when you factor in maintenance/repairs

Make sure that she does the required maintenance on time and the car should be worry free… there is even a gauge that tells you how much % of oil life is left so there is no excuse not to change oil on time! LOL

Congrats!

Oh and regarding your daughter being so nervous… Keep in mind that if you focus your intention on a negative thing you can draw it towards you.. its like you are sending out a signal for the bad thing to happen…. you said your daughter is really nervous and thinks she gonna wreck the car… WELL, what may happen is there will be a situation where she may need to make a defensive driving manuever to avoid an accident and since she is no nervous and expecting an accident she will freeze and she wont know what to do… instead teach her to be positive, think happy thoughts (i know it sounds elementary but it works) and most of all dont panic!
Thanks for the nice reply and advice. There's isn't much I can say to her to keep her from being a nervous nilly. She's just made that way. LOL
HOWEVER, I did read your post to her. Any positive reinforcement at this time in the purchase process is good for me. I have a habit of second guessing myself a lot when making such a big decision on my own. I'm happy to know the Fit was a good choice.

My Honda has an oil % alert on it and I depend on it. It's a great thing to have!

All the expensive "required maintenance" Honda suggests should always be done?? I thought some are just things Honda suggests that are money makers for them.

Originally Posted by cgpEJ6
I've never been a fan of the wheel covers on the base model but I wouldn't bother replacing them with aftermarket ones. Aftermarket ones look like crap installed, they might look okay in pictures but once they are stuck on and you see the ugly steel wheel through them they are no improvement. Maybe for extra they can upgrade you to the Sport wheels or something like this Honda Fit Alloy Wheels - 2009-2012 Genuine Honda Fit Alloy Wheels but at that point, you'd probably be paying the price of the Sport.
Yeah, I perhaps should have ordered the sport. ugh!

Originally Posted by WangLung
This is one of the first things I said, but I bought it anyways. They make me gag.
Personally, I think they're awful.

Old 10-24-2011, 09:12 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Blueeyed Banditti
All the expensive "required maintenance" Honda suggests should always be done?? I thought some are just things Honda suggests that are money makers for them.
Plenty of things are quite expensive due to labor charges, which are themselves over inflated (if you ever compare to DIY).

One example is the cabin filter. The part from Honda is only about $20, but the labor charge is about $50+ more. All for a five minute job, you could do while waiting in traffic.

I'm not saying you can do everything on your own, but with a bit of research, you can see what you can do... and you can see what prices are reasonable for what you can't do or choose not to do.

As for second guessing, being nervous and all that... it's human nature. There are pros and cons about it. But you know what? With experience, you should learn a bit more about it.

Even if your daughter wrecks the car after a week of ownership, because she found herself frozen in a frightening condition, so long as she's alive and injuries are too a minimum... next time, she won't be so frightened and can think of ways to avoid similar situations.

I know it sounds quite negative... but as a med school student, she should know as well as anyone... or at least she will. That practical knowledge comes from experience and/or practice with even some of the worst situations. And just like doctors with decades of experience... it will become second nature on how to handle it.

I saw an episode of a miniseries on Discovery Channel. The series is "Through the Wormhole," with the episode about "Sixth Sense." I won't talk too much about it, but suffice it to say, this thread reminded me of the clip where a mother was driving and had a "bad feeling." She decided to slow down when approaching an intersection... just in time to see a huge semi-truck blow through a stop sign. I'm sure you can figure out what would've happened if she hadn't slowed down.

My point there is... is sometimes you don't want to doubt what you are feeling. Obviously, you shouldn't let it turn you into a 25 mph turtle on a 55+ mph highway either. You take that feeling and using your knowledge and experience... make a plan on how to deal with it.

Most of my plans involve getting the F* out of that situation as fast as possible. Many times, I've come down a ramp onto a highway, only to find the person in front of me is braking to a near stop (and a few to a complete stop) when merging on a highway. I think that's a receipt for disaster when most traffic is blowing by at 70 mph. So, as soon as I'm able, I'll gas it and take off like a bat out of hell to get into traffic and away from that person. And if I can't do that... I'll ride the shoulder until I'm fast enough to merge (to avoid doing what they did... come to a stop). Of course, I come off as a VERY aggressive driver.

Okay... enough pretending I know what I'm talking about. Time to go back to being a lurking sloth (lazy person that just reads forum messages).

Old 10-25-2011, 01:39 PM
Originally Posted by Goobers

Okay... enough pretending I know what I'm talking about. Time to go back to being a lurking sloth (lazy person that just reads forum messages).
Thanks for all the good advice!

Lurking sloth? With almost 2,000 posts...LOL!

Old 12-13-2011, 04:28 PM
keep in mind, the lug pattern for the fit is 4x100 and not 5x114.3 lol

Last edited by Imfit12187; 12-13-2011 at 04:34 PM. Reason: error
Old 02-05-2012, 12:03 AM
5 Year Member
I like this discussion. I haven't been on since October and just saw this. It sounds like you've done very well as a parent, and your daughter sounds like a wonderful young woman. I agree with the earlier statement about taking time to have fun. If she waits until she is done with her training, she might be waiting another ten years before she can let loose, or even longer. I'm a dentist, and my four years in dental school was like living in a cocoon. There was this strange new thing called the Internet that really hadn't been a factor in peoples lives in 1993 when I started dental school.

Does she have any thoughts on a specialty yet?

And the Fit is an excellent choice. As far as her worries about driving are concerned, the best advice I can give is tell her that driving is better handled by NOT thinking too much. Driving is an activity that should be left more to instinct than the analytical mind. Yes, there are things to learn, and racers can do things with cars that most people would think impossible, but when it comes down to it, reflex and reaction are the factors that she will rely on. I know you must know this, but that's how I would put it into words.

And it sounds like you'll end up getting your own Fit and tricking it out.

Old 02-16-2012, 09:37 PM
5 Year Member
ESPECIALLY considering what you've said about her, considering her situation and how rare of a girl she seems to be in the world we currently find ourselves in, forget other forum commentary to the contrary... by that little angel the car, and the wheels of her choice to go with it... should she decide she has a wheel choice, at a later date!

Most girls her age [these days] are, well... I'll just leave it there. You probably know exactly where I'm coming from, considering you obviously did many things right to have been blessed with such a wonderful young woman! It's RARE these days... especially in the U.S.

Just be VERY glad you don't have the typical, ungrateful, entitlement-minded little brat on your hands most parents have to deal with now.

My congrats to you!!!

Old 02-18-2012, 10:37 PM
Your giving a new Fit and your worried about the looks

My 1st car, dad paid half and Of course I paid the other half, yes it was a 68 GTO, by the way it wasnt running. God If she doesnt want a Brand new car, for free, Hubcaps arent going to help. I suggest ya let her look at it, and she wants to change then talk it over. The goat was 800.00 total.