General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Boring Stock Wheels on the 2012 Fit??

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2011, 06:00 PM
Cool If...

Originally Posted by Blueeyed Banditti
She's the sweetest, most selfless 19 year old you'd ever come across.
She is 19 she has to be already driviing...what is she driving now?

BTW...my Fit is intended for my daughter after she gets her license and earns our trust (and I fix my car or get another)....she still has her learners and was doing pretty well until she dinged my wife's car on metal pole at the gas pump

Old 10-03-2011, 06:57 PM
Originally Posted by Blackbeard
She is 19 she has to be already driviing...what is she driving now?

BTW...my Fit is intended for my daughter after she gets her license and earns our trust (and I fix my car or get another)....she still has her learners and was doing pretty well until she dinged my wife's car on metal pole at the gas pump
This will be her first car. We had been living in the Bay area, Northern Cal for the past 8 years and the traffic there is insane. She didn't even want to drive till we moved here to KY a year ago. She drives my car, with her permit. She is getting her license on Thurs. She's not excited about the whole thing. First she was worried about wrecking mine. She relaxed about that a bit, now she is being a nervous ninny about the new one. *sigh*

We were driving behind a gravel truck on the freeway today and I said, "Now honey, when you get a chance, go around this guy. You don't ever want to spend any time behind ANY kind of big truck, especially a gravel truck. You'll have dings all over your new car when you get it." That didn't help!
She said, "I hate driving."

Old 10-03-2011, 07:49 PM
5 Year Member
Such a sweet mom, and a sweet daughter too! Don't worry about the other people here who don't think before they post.

Good luck with finding rims!

Old 10-03-2011, 08:26 PM
Originally Posted by j1nNju1c3
Such a sweet mom, and a sweet daughter too! Don't worry about the other people here who don't think before they post.

Good luck with finding rims!
Thanks! That was so kind.

How far you go in life depends on your being tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of the weak and strong. Because someday in your life you will have been all of these.
~George Washington Carver~

Old 10-03-2011, 09:01 PM
She's gonna like it. Perfect first car.

Old 10-04-2011, 11:59 AM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
good luck to your daughter in school!

Old 10-04-2011, 01:31 PM
I'm sure that she will like the car for what it is and feel safe in it. If she wants to get the wheels changed then she should get something that she likes.

Old 10-04-2011, 02:04 PM
"I can have fun later, when I am through medical school."
The sad thing is, when she finally finishes, she's going to be so busy being on-call and working 12 hr shifts this is never going to happen.

FORCE HER TO HAVE FUN

Best of luck to her in school.

PS,
I don't think she will care about the wheels. She seems practical.

Old 10-04-2011, 04:48 PM
Originally Posted by mkane
She's gonna like it. Perfect first car.
I am hoping so. When I saw the Fit I thought it looked perfect for her. Good gas mileage, decent price, dependable, and small. I was happy to read on this forum that it has great visibility and makes the driver feel safe. The blind spot in a larger car freaks her out a bit. Thanks for the encouragement!

Originally Posted by kenchan
good luck to your daughter in school!
Thanks for the kind thoughts.

Originally Posted by turi120
I'm sure that she will like the car for what it is and feel safe in it. If she wants to get the wheels changed then she should get something that she likes.
She doesn't care...It's me that cares and so I need to stop obsessing about it. If she EVER has a moment to take a breath, she may join this forum, then she'll care...LOL...I am now obsessing over someone's pics on here with jazzy blue headlights and fog lamps! Can't remember whose blue Fit it is, but it looks GREAT! So many members here have done such great stuff to their Fits! I can't believe it!

Originally Posted by Wanderer.
The sad thing is, when she finally finishes, she's going to be so busy being on-call and working 12 hr shifts this is never going to happen.

FORCE HER TO HAVE FUN

Best of luck to her in school.

PS,
I don't think she will care about the wheels. She seems practical.

She IS SO PRACTICAL! LOL...she got that from me, however, when it comes to getting something for her, I'm not practical at all!
She loves it when we take little or long roads trips together. What with her school schedule and working, she has no TIME OFF. She even took summer sessions at her university (all summer). Thanks for your kind thoughts and words.

Old 10-04-2011, 07:23 PM
5 Year Member
You'll have dings all over your new car when you get it." That didn't help!
She said, "I hate driving."
No need for added pressure mom. Just make sure she has enough behind-the-wheel time and comfy with the car before you let her loose with the rest of us on the road.

It's me that cares and so I need to stop obsessing about it.
She IS SO PRACTICAL! LOL...she got that from me, however, when it comes to getting something for her, I'm not practical at all!
Ahhhh this thread is crawling with ants.... too sweeeetttt, not good for diabetics! You know sometimes moms are also referred to as helicopters... they hover too much!

Well looks like you have a winner... yeah the car too! Best of luck to the three of you!

Old 10-05-2011, 03:59 PM
Originally Posted by Subie
No need for added pressure mom. Just make sure she has enough behind-the-wheel time and comfy with the car before you let her loose with the rest of us on the road.

Ahhhh this thread is crawling with ants.... too sweeeetttt, not good for diabetics! You know sometimes moms are also referred to as helicopters... they hover too much!

Well looks like you have a winner... yeah the car too! Best of luck to the three of you!
LOLOL..."hoverin' like a helicopter"

Well, she nudged a highway barrel the other night...I did real well...I didn't even KINDA freak that she was driving my car and I heard a LOUD scraping noise. I blamed it on the dept of roads. It turned out the scraping noise was the barrel sliding on some gravel. Not a spot on my car.

Old 10-05-2011, 05:29 PM
5 Year Member
Banditti- you are a wonderful mom & your daughter really deserves this gift.
I agree - leave the wheels- she will be so excited about the new car- all the cool stuff inside with the ipod connection- the wheels will be the least of her concerns. I'd focus on the more practical items, like the cargo cover and cargo mat.

The Fit was my first new car and I bought it when I was 62!

Old 10-05-2011, 07:37 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by sooznd
I agree - leave the wheels- she will be so excited about the new car- all the cool stuff inside with the ipod connection- the wheels will be the least of her concerns. I'd focus on the more practical items, like the cargo cover and cargo mat.

I would agree with this. Although all these aftermarket upgrades are great, I feel there are essentials that the car needs to be complete from the dealership. As mentioned, the cargo cover and the cargo mat is a great place to start. They protect the carpet in the cargo as well as serve as security for those peeping into the trunks. Moreover, maybe a front mask if she intends to drive out of town. These are all small things but in the end can still add up.

Great choice for first car btw!

Old 10-05-2011, 11:03 PM
Originally Posted by sooznd

Awwww....your first new car! At 62....bless your heart...wow
Thanks for your sweet words. =)
Originally Posted by bunz559
I would agree with this. Although all these aftermarket upgrades are great, I feel there are essentials that the car needs to be complete from the dealership. As mentioned, the cargo cover and the cargo mat is a great place to start. They protect the carpet in the cargo as well as serve as security for those peeping into the trunks. Moreover, maybe a front mask if she intends to drive out of town. These are all small things but in the end can still add up.

Great choice for first car btw!
So cargo cover and cargo mat are extras huh? Well, I think they sound very practical. Since it will be parked in the university parking lot often, the cover sounds like a good idea.

When I started thinking about a car for her, (even tho I have a Honda) I started looking at the VW Beetle and then the new Fiat. Both are cute and small. The Fiat got a bad reviews with Consumer Report and the new VW are pretty high priced, with little space to put anything. I wanted her to have something that she could drive for years~~all the way through Med School~~get good gas mileage, and hopefully paid off before she is in residency with 48 hour shifts.

The Fit seems like the perfect fit.

This forum has been a wonderful source of information and wonderful ideas, not to mention, very encouraging for a nervous nellie like me.

Old 10-06-2011, 02:13 AM
Look on Amazon for the 15" Pilot wheel covers that come in black. Just put a set on my 2012 and I think they look really good. Less than 30 bucks too.

Old 10-06-2011, 08:31 PM
Originally Posted by andrewshrm
Look on Amazon for the 15" Pilot wheel covers that come in black. Just put a set on my 2012 and I think they look really good. Less than 30 bucks too.
Name:  515lceXYqML_SS500_.jpg
Views: 74
Size:  35.7 KB Name:  51BoNxTpHfL.jpg
Views: 68
Size:  22.7 KB Name:  fyVMtP8A.jpg
Views: 67
Size:  7.1 KB
I like the gold, but I bet it would look crummy on the Raspberry Blue Fit.
The black is probably the best.

Old 10-06-2011, 08:47 PM
5 Year Member
Nice choices for hub caps! My GF just got the blue raspberry metallic as well in the base model. I was surprised that her 2012 came with the ipod connection in the upper glove box portion since I thought it didn't come with the base models, it also came with the rear cargo tray. I just picked up some carpet mats for her and I will be putting my stock sport wheels on her car this weekend as well.

You guys will love the car! Congrats!

Old 10-06-2011, 09:43 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by 1SickVeilsideZ
Nice choices for hub caps! My GF just got the blue raspberry metallic as well in the base model. I was surprised that her 2012 came with the ipod connection in the upper glove box portion since I thought it didn't come with the base models, it also came with the rear cargo tray. I just picked up some carpet mats for her and I will be putting my stock sport wheels on her car this weekend as well.

You guys will love the car! Congrats!
I thought floor mats came standard with the 2011 & 2012 Fits? Did your dealer throw in the cargo tray, or does that come standard with the 2012 models? I added the clear nose mask, cargo tray & cargo cover as options. Tinting is also a great idea since there is so much glass on the Fit and it can get hot if parked in the sun.

It is a fun car for sure! I have found it as practical for hauling things as my Subaru Wagon with much better gas mileage

Old 10-14-2011, 05:52 AM
I work in the auto business and i wanted to let you know that you are making a good decision with getting her a new car for several reasons..

The used car market is really out of wack right now and the prices are inflated… This car should last your daughter the next 10 years or so….

you are getting a really good rate and it is helping build her credit.

She wont have to spend as much on maintenance because she is getting a new car.. used cars are cheaper to start but can sometimes cost double when you factor in maintenance/repairs

Make sure that she does the required maintenance on time and the car should be worry free… there is even a gauge that tells you how much % of oil life is left so there is no excuse not to change oil on time! LOL

Congrats!

Oh and regarding your daughter being so nervous… Keep in mind that if you focus your intention on a negative thing you can draw it towards you.. its like you are sending out a signal for the bad thing to happen…. you said your daughter is really nervous and thinks she gonna wreck the car… WELL, what may happen is there will be a situation where she may need to make a defensive driving manuever to avoid an accident and since she is no nervous and expecting an accident she will freeze and she wont know what to do… instead teach her to be positive, think happy thoughts (i know it sounds elementary but it works) and most of all dont panic!

Last edited by Knownlimits; 10-14-2011 at 05:56 AM.
Old 10-14-2011, 10:07 AM
5 Year Member
I've never been a fan of the wheel covers on the base model but I wouldn't bother replacing them with aftermarket ones. Aftermarket ones look like crap installed, they might look okay in pictures but once they are stuck on and you see the ugly steel wheel through them they are no improvement. Maybe for extra they can upgrade you to the Sport wheels or something like this Honda Fit Alloy Wheels - 2009-2012 Genuine Honda Fit Alloy Wheels but at that point, you'd probably be paying the price of the Sport.

Quick Reply: Boring Stock Wheels on the 2012 Fit??