General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

When are most of the fits coming to dealers? I need a deal!

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2011, 12:38 PM
When are most of the fits coming to dealers? I need a deal!

I want to get a 2012 Fit base automatic, but don't want to pay MSRP plus tax for it. Right now, because of limited supply no dealer is willing to go below MSRP plus tax. I don't know if it's because I want a white one and no one has it on their lot or whether this would be the case even if I wanted a silver that everyone seems to have at least one of. When are the dealers going to get enough Fits in stock that 1. they'll actually have the color I want, and 2. they'll be willing to give me a good price. I know that production is supposed to ramp up to normal by November, but when will the dealers get all those cars by? Thanks.

Old 09-20-2011, 12:56 PM
5 Year Member
patience, grasshopper...

White's a popular color. 2012s are more desirable with new features.

Edmunds shows "True Market Value" close to list at $16,477.

If you want them to deal I think the advice is normally hit them at the end of a month.

Obviously if they only have 1 copy of what you want they're going to be less likely to negotiate. Plus if they have unsold 2011s they want to move those before making deals on 2012s.

You can ask the dealers what their deliveries look like for the next couple of months and visit them after a delivery.

I suspect the next great opportunity will be T-day weekend. Few car shoppers then (everyone is at walmart). After that the golden opportunity is end of the year.

Try to negotiate via email instead of going in person. It's easier to control negotiations that way and you don't wear yourself out.

TrueCar.com while normally a good tool, has no data for 2012s so you're breaking new ground...

Another strategy is to deal through Costco. They have a car buyer program where they have negotiated lower rates. I did that. Requires a costco membership ($50 I think).

Old 09-20-2011, 03:33 PM
I think I read somewhere that they expected normal levels of inventory by November. That's when Edmunds's is forecasting an aggressive price war that will be initiated by Toyota and Honda to reclaim their original market share from the domestic and Korean carmakers. You might be able to Google their article.

Originally Posted by Steve244
Another strategy is to deal through Costco. They have a car buyer program where they have negotiated lower rates. I did that. Requires a costco membership ($50 I think).
Costco wasn't that great for me. The price I was offered through my Costco-arranged dealership was MSRP ($18,530 for the 2012 Sport AT) and market-rate financing (3.0-5.0% APR). I got it for $18,100 and got lucky with 0.9% APR for 60 mos from another dealership.

Your experience may be different though. The market here in the San Francisco Bay Area seems to be relatively hot for Fits.

Old 09-29-2011, 01:52 AM
Im in the market for a white sport 5spd and the dealer informed me, "sorry, none exist in all of california"

bummer... Im still waiting. If not my other option is Red or Polished metal metallic.

Old 09-29-2011, 09:51 PM
I put a deposit down to get the 2012 Fit in Raspberry Blue for my daughter -- coming in mid-October. I was quoted $16,000 Fit Base Automatic. I feel great to just get one in the color I wanted. Guess I'm kinda dumb. I never thought about getting a "deal."

Last edited by Blueeyed Banditti; 09-29-2011 at 10:04 PM.
Old 09-29-2011, 10:40 PM
Originally Posted by Blueeyed Banditti
I put a deposit down to get the 2012 Fit in Raspberry Blue for my daughter -- coming in mid-October. I was quoted $16,000 Fit Base Automatic. I feel great to just get one in the color I wanted. Guess I'm kinda dumb. I never thought about getting a "deal."
Im not so sure i want a 2012 anymore. The mugen front is not compatible with the 12 and i really wanted that.