General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

does the honda fit HAVE a governor?

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2006, 11:58 AM
Someone that spends his life on FitFreak.net
Slow down. Problem solved.

If there is a speed limitor it's too keep you from driving faster than the speed rating of the OEM tires.

Old 09-07-2006, 12:04 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by b17gsr

If there is a speed limitor it's too keep you from driving faster than the speed rating of the OEM tires.
I am driving slower lately ( to educate my foot to save gas) but I just want to have the flexibility, tho I just wanted to inform and consult if everybody experience the same.......

Old 09-07-2006, 02:21 PM
sam
Super Moderator
RPM limiter - not speed limiter

There is another thread that definitely identified the problem as the RPM limiter and definitely stated that there is no speed limiter.

Feel encouraged to find it and see what you think. The group as a whole seemed to have plenty of expertise, explaination and references so I was convinced.

If you find it, post a link here and close this thread up. If you don't find it, let me know and I'll back myself up by finding it.

Short of it is- at about 118 with the factory engine you are draging into the RPM limit in 5th.

Old 09-07-2006, 02:31 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by sam
There is another thread that definitely identified the problem as the RPM limiter and definitely stated that there is no speed limiter.

Feel encouraged to find it and see what you think. The group as a whole seemed to have plenty of expertise, explaination and references so I was convinced.

If you find it, post a link here and close this thread up. If you don't find it, let me know and I'll back myself up by finding it.

Short of it is- at about 118 with the factory engine you are draging into the RPM limit in 5th.
As I state in the initial post. I didn't lok at the RPM'S so I guess that is it. The fit get to the rev limiter due to its 5th gear ratio. It is really credible.......Thanks!!!!

But never is enough

Old 09-07-2006, 03:19 PM
I dont think you were hitting the rev limiter in 5th gear. according to a gear ratio calculator you would be at ~5500 in 5th gear at 115-120mph.
now if you were still in 4th gear at 115 then you'll probly be hitting the rev limiter.

Old 09-07-2006, 05:42 PM
5 Year Member
I've hit 125mph, in sport a/t! and still had some pedal left.

Old 09-07-2006, 06:59 PM
The fit is drag limited. Ya there was a thread about this befor. not sure when?

Old 09-07-2006, 07:07 PM
Talking After one hundred

After one hundred, I've found the next 40 mph to have exponential decreases in visual acuity. Found out at 16 in an oldsmobile in 1968. That with four sizes of crummy tires. After 100 in the fit, I am really impressed. It just sat there.

Old 09-07-2006, 11:16 PM
If true, I think the Fit would be the first US Honda product to have a limiter in it. Even the S2000, capable of well over 150mph if the conditions are right, doesn't have one.

JonasM

Old 09-08-2006, 12:51 AM
Someone that spends his life on FitFreak.net
Originally Posted by b17gsr

I didn't know limiters were safety mech for tires. i always thought it was to stop u from driving risky speeds cuz honda likes safety

Old 09-08-2006, 09:31 AM
5 Year Member
why doesn't someone just put their car on blocks and floor it? It would answer the question, if the car is speed limited.

Old 09-08-2006, 10:36 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Paulo107

ok here is a shot of one spot...good place to go fishing and do some top speed runs( for low top speed runs)...this road leads to an abandoned army base...its about 5 miles long and in florida city...IN THE MIDDLE OF NO WHERE so if you love animals the only thing i can kill out here are alligators crossing the street...please for the last time dont bash me like i asked and see that the only person in danger is MYSELF
Man ... I am with you!!!!!! There are irresponsable people who don't know where to speed up. And there are some like you ( and me ) who take risks more aware of where and when is rasonable. ( I know I am going to get bash myself too).

Old 09-08-2006, 11:30 AM
5 Year Member
Love how most everyone tolerates a 110mph run in the
Fit yet will get all over someone who wants to turn off a reminder chime for the seatbelt...Hypocracy at its finest....

Old 09-08-2006, 11:41 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by FitSport
Fit yet will get all over someone who wants to turn off a reminder chime for the seatbelt...Hypocracy at its finest....
Dunno if you belive me, but I totally understand..........!!!
I hate the damm seatbelt chime, but since cops are like wolfs for that issue here in Puerto Rico, I just put the seatbelt, so no chimes!
I know that you will say that so the cops are watching for seatbelts, and not for speeding, but is that they check you when you're evreywhere else. For speeding, it has to be bad luck that you encounter one and he has the speed radar on.

Old 09-08-2006, 04:00 PM
5 Year Member
Carlos a in 91 I lost a cousin who was street raciing on the Autopista going from Caguas to SanJuan. He hit the back end of a tractor trailor at over 100mph. He drowned in his own blood as he broke a collar bone which slashed his jugular vein. We made it to the accident scene in time to see his body put in a body bag.I had to id him at the morgue the next day. Not a good time......Either way Im not big on street racing/extreme speeds on public roads...

Old 09-08-2006, 04:23 PM
5 Year Member
Carlos a in 91 I lost a cousin who was street raciing on the Autopista going from Caguas to SanJuan. He hit the back end of a tractor trailor at over 100mph. He drowned in his own blood as he broke a collar bone which slashed his jugular vein. We made it to the accident scene in time to see his body put in a body bag.I had to id him at the morgue the next day. Not a good time......Either way Im not big on street racing/extreme speeds on public roads...
Is nice to see somebody from Puerto Rico.

Wow! sorry to hear (read) that. I used to race in "la fiebre" (street race)with my 92' nitrous sentra se-r. I leave all that behind too many tickets and broken axles. I work in Jayuya and live in Ponce, so I don't usually go fast, tho as fast as I can in the mountains (cause the fit is so perfect for that) but I just happen to have the autopista (highway for non-spanish speakers) for myself at 2:30 am, so don't tell me that you wouldn't push the Fit just to see where it goes (max speed) You know that straight. Besides I am reprograming my right foot to save gas, and I plan to track the fit as soon as I get the $200 to join the league.

P/d: I also saw ( not a relative) more people than I wish die in street races. I know it makes you think.

Old 09-08-2006, 04:40 PM
Amen brotha:
Boyz will always be boyz.

Old 09-08-2006, 06:52 PM
Originally Posted by billbob234
They will not tell me if it does or does not have a black box.
I thought the dealer and manufacturer were required to state if the car has a black box at the time of sale?

even if that's not true I don't believe they can refuse to relay that kind of information when asked specifically

Old 09-08-2006, 07:17 PM
YOU GUYS, THE CAR HAS A GOVENER!!! its not lack of power, limiter, or drag!!! ive taken it up there and it stops at 115MPH on the dial.

Old 09-08-2006, 07:18 PM
and yes it does have a black box... i believe it states it in like the 1st page of the owners manual.

Quick Reply: does the honda fit HAVE a governor?