General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Clazzio seat covers in my 2011 Fit Sport

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2011, 12:38 PM
Clazzio seat covers in my 2011 Fit Sport

A few thoughts on the installation of Clazzio seat covers in my TW 2011 Fit Sport.
I ordered the black/black/black, with leather inserts. If I were to do it again I would get the all PVC.
The covers are well packed, and arrived in good condition, with all the required parts. The construction of the covers is well executed, and the location of each piece is well marked on the inspection tag. It is a good idea to write the location on the tag.
I decided to cover the headrests to learn how to install the covers.
One thing I discovered is how easy it is to accidentally shift the seams left or right while working the covers on, and you need to check as you go, because after the cover is all the way on straightening the seams if hard. You need to "massage" the Honda factory foam into the corners as it tends to compress and not fill the corners of the covers of the covers.
Front seat bottoms.
The directions tell you to feed the string down between the seat and the plastic.
Yeah, right! It's like trying to shove a noodle up an alligator's butt.

I took a 12" cable tie and masking taped the end of the string to it and then fed the cable tie/string down the gap. Works like a charm and saves the fingers.
Look carefully at how the straps are fed into the buckles. Do it the wrong way and you cannot pull tighten the straps.

On the front seat back covers, getting the covers under the plastic headrest holes is a finger breaker. I finally resorted to using two flat screwdrivers to hold one area under while it worked around the rest of the way. By contrast the rear seat backs went under the plastic easily with just fingers. I unscrewed the seat back release and after the covers were on - re-installed them.

However, I have an issue with the front seat bottom covers, and I'm looking for some advice on how to correct the problem.
The issue: the front corners collapse inward - see attached pictures - and no amount of tugging and massaging seems to fix the problem.

Old 09-05-2011, 02:43 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by hoteldalta
The directions tell you to feed the string down between the seat and the plastic.
Yeah, right! It's like trying to shove a noodle up an alligator's butt.
Look carefully at how the straps are fed into the buckles. Do it the wrong way and you cannot pull tighten the straps.

However, I have an issue with the front seat bottom covers, and I'm looking for some advice on how to correct the problem.
The issue: the front corners collapse inward - see attached pictures - and no amount of tugging and massaging seems to fix the problem.

Those Gators are tight. Even once you get the cords down to the bottom, I found they were pulling on maybe some wiring or something as mine never really got tight.

Yes do the buckles the right way.

I just went and took some pics of mine. I have had mine on over a year. I had mine off partly a couple of weeks ago to install heat pads. They went on much easier this time.

I have those slight creases at the front corners as well. Not much you can do about them.

Just enjoy!

Oh while you are at it recover the door panels in black. They go well with the seats.

Bill

Name:  003-18.jpg
Views: 154
Size:  52.8 KB

Name:  004-14.jpg
Views: 149
Size:  48.4 KB

Name:  005-8.jpg
Views: 162
Size:  34.1 KB

Name:  006-5.jpg
Views: 107