General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.
View Poll Results: What do you want as a license plate frame slogan?
Small Package. Big Fun.
6.38%
Go Fit Go!!
7.45%
Color Squads (ex., Nighthawk Squad, Vivid Skies, Blaze Division, Team Milano, etc.)
7.45%
Downsize This!
1.06%
Back Off the FitFreak
4.26%
Fit Happens!
28.72%
Shown Actual Size
19.15%
Perfect Fit!
15.96%
Size Matters
7.45%
We <3 Our Fits
2.13%
Voters: 94. You may not vote on this poll

Final License Plate Poll!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2006, 02:43 AM
well it's not winning...if it did win then...i think u'd have another poll for each of the colours too...haha...or something...

Old 07-06-2006, 12:09 PM
Originally Posted by kgb4187
No one knows what the silver color squad would be?
You would have to ask Paulo107, he was the one who came up with it.

Old 07-06-2006, 03:00 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by stacey14
Okay, sorry this was a bit later than promised. I got caught up in the long weekend! Anyway, here is the third and final poll for the license plate frames slogan. The ten slogans chosen were the ones with the highest number of votes on the first two polls. This means that the slogan that has the most votes on this poll as of.... let's say July 31st, is the one that we send in to cafepress.com.

Vote away!

-Stacey
Did "Fit in @ FitFreak.net" get dropped off the list?

Old 07-06-2006, 03:39 PM
Originally Posted by FondaFit
Did "Fit in @ FitFreak.net" get dropped off the list?
I do remember that one, but there's been so many postings that I can't remember where it started. Loooks like it may have originated with FondaFit (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/showthread.php?t=5761)). After the first poll, I took all of the new ideas that came (there were around 30-40) and the first ten that people picked made it to the second poll (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/showthread.php?t=6116). Hence, the reason it didn't make it onto the final poll. Hope this helps.

Old 07-07-2006, 10:40 AM
5 Year Member
I do remember that one, but there's been so many postings that I can't remember where it started. Loooks like it may have originated with FondaFit (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/showthread.php?t=5761)). After the first poll, I took all of the new ideas that came (there were around 30-40) and the first ten that people picked made it to the second poll (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/showthread.php?t=6116). Hence, the reason it didn't make it onto the final poll. Hope this helps.
It was one of the batch that started off the idea of repolling. I'd suggested it as a way to get attention for the Forum itself, not just the car. It didn't get many votes, but it was up on the board the first time around. Thought it was ahead of some of the ones that are there now. Another one I liked a lot that disappeared was "1 Size Fits all." (Not sure if I wrote it as originally written -- not mine.) I thought that had good support and I'm surprised that it dropped off.

Old 07-07-2006, 10:59 AM
5 Year Member
The tags are just vinyl stickers on a metal plate right? Not imprinted in any way?

If so, removing the tagline for just plain fitfreak.net should be a relative straightforward task

Old 07-07-2006, 11:03 AM
5 Year Member
I may just be a bit confused, but isn't "Fit Happens" already available on this website? Under FIT Gear?

And thanks, Stacey, for organizing all of this. You can never please all of the people all of the time, or even some of the people all of the time, but if you can please some of the people some of the time yer doing well!

Old 07-07-2006, 11:06 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by crimsona
I'm not sure how many people would actually buy it... eventually, taglines just sound tacky

It's 'cute' though.

A blank plate with just FitFreak.net could probably outsell the taglines
"Fit in @ FitFreak.net" dropped off the poll.

Old 07-07-2006, 11:12 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by fit2bowner
I may just be a bit confused, but isn't "Fit Happens" already available on this website? Under FIT Gear?

And thanks, Stacey, for organizing all of this. You can never please all of the people all of the time, or even some of the people all of the time, but if you can please some of the people some of the time yer doing well!
"Fit Happens" is the one already offered on Cafe Press for $14.95. And yes, thanks, Stacey. Don't want to sound like an ingrate for all your efforts in putting the poll together. Great job -- we've been bouncing ideas around all over the place and you assembled and reassembled them. A couple of my favorites dropped off, but I'd probably opt for "Perfect Fit." I don't want to remind anyone of a four letter word that happens to rhyme with the name of my car. Maybe I'd put a "Fit Happens" bumper sticker over the 2 dings some idiot put in the door at Home Depot. (Incidentally, a tech from Dent Wizard is going to have a look at the damage after work today.)

Old 07-07-2006, 11:15 AM
Yeah, i liked 1 Size Fits All too and was sad it got voted off. I'm sorry to those whose slogans didn't make it on the polls (none of mine did either if that makes you feel anybetter). Also, yes, "Fit Happens!" is currently showing on cafepress.com. Not sure how it got on there, but it's there. Honestly, I'm not really sure what to do now, but I guess just keep the poll open and the top couple can get submitted in so we have a few to choose from.

PS, thanks to Fit2Bowner and FondaFit (and conchewski, if I got that right). I needed that. I guess trying to please all the people all the time can't really work, but I gave it my all.

Old 07-10-2006, 05:57 PM
bump, bump, bump!!! honestly, if no one cares anymore, i'm all for cancelling this. just let me know.

Old 07-11-2006, 09:58 AM
5 Year Member
bump, bump, bump!!! honestly, if no one cares anymore, i'm all for cancelling this. just let me know.
You did a great job, stacey14! Unfortunately everything that goes on a Fit, and every comparison with the Fit, gets a lot of personal observation and it's all subject to individual tastes. I went with "Perfect Fit". "Fit Happens" is winning on the poll and it's clever, but I can just imagine the wisecracks from people who buy something else. This is the kind of word association I'd look for with an unreliable car, like a Yugo (and I hope no one out there is still driving one, or I'm going to hear about it). Are we still going to have "FitFreak.net" on the frame along with the slogan? I think it's important that we at least agree on that!

Target sells a plate frame that allows you to put your own letters on, but I'm guessing it won't look as nice. Anyone out there try it?

Thanks again, stacey14!!

Old 07-12-2006, 05:02 PM
5 Year Member
"Shown Actual Size."

Probably just me but I think "SUV Killer" might have been nice...

Old 07-16-2006, 09:51 AM
How do we get this poll to become "sticky"? Almost twice as many folks have voted in the earlier set of two polls (which are "sticky") than in this more important one.

Any help from the mods/admin to replace the earlier set with this, or at least add this one to the "sticky" list?

Old 07-17-2006, 11:34 AM
Originally Posted by Bill L
How do we get this poll to become "sticky"? Almost twice as many folks have voted in the earlier set of two polls (which are "sticky") than in this more important one.

Any help from the mods/admin to replace the earlier set with this, or at least add this one to the "sticky" list?
Any moderators out there want to help out?

Old 07-17-2006, 03:45 PM
5 Year Member
"Perfect Fit" works well on many different levels...the car, and we people who congregate at fitfreak!

Old 07-17-2006, 04:09 PM
mines says fit happens/fitfreak.net

Old 07-20-2006, 10:29 PM
Fit Happens. Kind of describes my experience with John Hinderer Honda in Newark, OH. Bloody awful. Still our fit will be with us by end of this month (July 2006).

Old 07-28-2006, 09:13 PM
Originally Posted by actonimpulse
I can't believe that Tight Fit didn't make the poll...that's what my personalized plate says or said until someone wrecked into it head-on. Looking for a replacement now.
That's a good one! I've reserved my personalized plate....seeing as how my BOM SAT hasn't gotten here just yet. Mine says "2BTIED"...suits me perfectly because that's me all over. ETA on my FIT is 8/1 to 8/4. Can't hardly wait!!!

Old 07-28-2006, 09:22 PM
Father of the Wasteland
5 Year Member
Weird question but are there any pictures?

Quick Reply: Final License Plate Poll!!