General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Should I go and check to see what it's worth?

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2011, 12:12 AM
5 Year Member
Question Should I go and check to see what it's worth?

I received this notice in the mail a few days ago and I have been pondering going in just to see what I "could" get from them... Has anyone else gotten this in the mail and have you actually gone down to check it out.
I'm afraid that if I respond they might talk me into some ridiculous deal and I'll end up walkin' out of there with a new fit....Not!

Old 07-29-2011, 01:12 AM
5 Year Member
If you need the money or were considering getting a new car anyway, go for it. If not, it wouldn't hurt to know what kind of money you can get for it.

But having worked in auto sales and reading the letter, it's more of a sales thing than them really wanting to give you a smoking deal for a car supposedly in high demand.

Old 07-29-2011, 01:18 AM
Waste of time. They just need warm bodies at the dealership.

Old 07-29-2011, 03:15 AM
5 Year Member
Do it! I just want to hear about their reaction when they see your ride Vinny!

Like Lyon going to the dealership, it could be worth it just for the LULZ.

Old 07-31-2011, 06:02 PM
5 Year Member
I don't think add-ons carry much weight as far as resale value except maybe to other car buffs. Of course there are exceptions - classics, rebuilds, muscle cars, etc. Guys I know with heavy mods take them off and sell them individually before they sell the car. But yeah, would be interesting to capture their reactions.

Old 07-31-2011, 06:33 PM
5 Year Member
The Subaru dealer we got the Forester from is always sending emails of the cars they have on the lot.. There was a very tricked low mileage WRX STI with mucho performance modifications they started out low on and went way low on before it was sold... I'll never be able to sell my car.. I am not sure my son would drive and service it properly and probably destroy it like he has so many of the cars and motorcycles I let him drive or ride.

Old 07-31-2011, 08:36 PM
Originally Posted by TrungLam
Waste of time. They just need warm bodies at the dealership.
Agreed. If you want to know what your going to get go to kbb.com or edmunds.com and search your car trade-in value. If the dealer is by the book he'll give you trade-in. Scumbag delalers will try to give you less. If you know what it's worth, no need to guess or negotiate with the dealer.

Old 07-31-2011, 10:29 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by felixmizioznikov
Agreed. If you want to know what your going to get go to kbb.com or edmunds.com and search your car trade-in value. If the dealer is by the book he'll give you trade-in. Scumbag delalers will try to give you less. If you know what it's worth, no need to guess or negotiate with the dealer.
No dealership goes by KBB. I forget what it's called (I think it started with an M, maybe Manheim or something, at least at the dealership that I worked at), but they have a different rating system to determine the trade-in value. KBB isn't the standard, it's just something for consumers to refer to in order to have a basic idea of what they COULD get.

Old 07-31-2011, 10:55 PM
Originally Posted by DeeezNuuuts83
No dealership goes by KBB. I forget what it's called (I think it started with an M, maybe Manheim or something, at least at the dealership that I worked at), but they have a different rating system to determine the trade-in value. KBB isn't the standard, it's just something for consumers to refer to in order to have a basic idea of what they COULD get.
right, dealers use these black books. they tell dealers car values as well as condition adjustment and package/options adjustments.

Old 07-31-2011, 10:59 PM
5 Year Member
My dealer has called me to see if I want to trade up. Problem is, I would only be interested in another Fit, and they have none and can't get any. That's why they want mine. I'm not interested in trading up to an Accord (yawn), or a Crosstour (yech).