General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

A/C stopped working and Honda can't fix it

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2011, 06:36 PM
Angry A/C stopped working and Honda can't fix it

I used to be an enthusiastic Honda Fit owner, but this summer I have been at my wit's end. My a/c stopped working in May. I took my 2007 Sport Fit to my local Honda service station, they kept it for 2 weeks, charged me $400, and when I got the car back, the a/c still didn't work! For the past two months I have driven my car to and from my Honda service station, where they put a new a/c switch in, the a/c still doesn't work, and I then have to bring the car back to Honda to go through the whole ordeal again. Given the heat this summer, I have rarely been able to drive my Fit and have had to borrow friends' cars and cancel trips due to my car problems. I wrote to American Honda and was told they were not aware of any a/c problems (switches or otherwise) with the Honda Fit. Meanwhile, my Honda service station insists the problem is with faulty a/c switches and that they cannot do anything but order more switches and hope one of them eventually works.

My question for other Fit owners is: have you had problems with your a/c? Has anyone else gone months without Honda service being able to fix their a/c? Does anyone have advice about what I should do next?

Old 07-26-2011, 06:39 PM
5 Year Member
Talk to the service manager where you had the work done. If he can't come up with a plan to effectively and efficiently fix your Fit then call Honda customer care and get them to talk to the manager.

If nothing else they should refund your money for repairs and let you take it somewhere else.

Old 07-26-2011, 10:20 PM
5 Year Member
My 2010 Honda Fit Sport A/C switch was change by Honda in this days.It was not making the "click"sound and want to stay "ON".I think many Honda Fit owners had problem with this switch.This problem is from 2009-2011 Honda Fit owners.Here the link.

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-...-c-switch.html

Old 07-27-2011, 11:24 AM
Sounds like dealer and service incompetence.

Unfortunately, Honda's are so reliable that service staff don't get much experience working on them. When something does go wrong it throws them for a loop.

Speak with the service manager and calmly explain your ordeal.

Also ask them to go a little deeper into the diagnosis to determine if there is an electrical issue that is causing the switches to fault out.

As well, ask them to keep a supply of switches in stock... given you are going through them as fast as McDonalds goes through potatoes.

Old 07-27-2011, 12:11 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
no issues with a/c other than the blower motor TSB on the GE. nothing on the GD.