General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Pro's and Con's of owning a FIT......

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2006, 03:59 PM
Question Pro's and Con's of owning a FIT......

Everything on this planet has its pro's and con's, no matter what you do or whatever it may be.

So for all you wonderful FIT owners....What are the Pro's and Con's of owning a FIT?

i.e.
What do you love most about the FIT?
What kind of dissapoints you?
What would you change about it?
Any other comments?

Thanx again for everyone's input. (just doing a little research)
I can not wait to get my FIT. (2 weeks and 2 days and counting)

~Teddy B

Old 06-29-2006, 04:04 PM
Four Wheels Enthusiast
5 Year Member
Only disappointment would be power.. it could use abit more power under the hood!

Old 06-29-2006, 04:07 PM
5 Year Member
Ditto to the above statement. C'mon turbo or supercharger kit!

Old 06-29-2006, 04:18 PM
haha yeah 109 is kinda low, wish it was higher but on the plus side, it will keep me from driving fast. My driving record is pretty bad and if I were to get a faster car, it would probably get worse....lol

Old 06-29-2006, 04:20 PM
Here are my pet peeves:
-No Armrests
-No locking gas cap or door
-No passenger visor mirror
-If my son drops something in the back seat it slides under the Magic seat. That takes it out of reach at a stop light unless I hit the breaks to make it slid forward.
-My Driver seat gets fresh with me. It likes to pinch my butt a little between the two different fabrics on the seat.
-The front cup holders are pretty far forward. If you set your seat for the air-bags you have to lean forward to get your drink. Large American fast food drink cups also have to be tilted to be put in or taking them out.

Things I love about my Fit:
-great mileage
-Zippy response
-great cornering
-Looks cool
-I feel like I am up high for such a little car
-Where did all that room come from?
-Safety
-More I can’t think of now

The things that bug me are really no concern and most will be taken car of in after market stuff.

~Bengo

Old 06-29-2006, 04:21 PM
Don't have one yet, but I think what would cure all of it's ailes would be:

1.5l TURBO DIESEL engine. somewhere around 150hp with 175lb ft of torque. It would still have great gas mileage!

Old 06-29-2006, 08:18 PM
5 Year Member
I wouldn't mind if they made a more expensive version with more power, rwd or awd, navi, etc. I would buy one.

Old 06-29-2006, 10:25 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Fray Adjacent
Don't have one yet, but I think what would cure all of it's ailes would be:

1.5l TURBO DIESEL engine. somewhere around 150hp with 175lb ft of torque. It would still have great gas mileage!
THAT IS SO TRUE AND T D IS LONG OVERDUE.

Old 06-29-2006, 10:35 PM
With the relative size of the Fit, I don't think Honda is thinking, "more horsepower". Although, it would be nice to have an anthusiast model, i.e., Si or Type R.

Old 06-30-2006, 12:43 AM
5 Year Member
No armrest, no temp gauge, I'd like it if my door unlocked when I pulled the handle instead of manually unlocking it, A/C is a little on the weak side. I love everything else about it tho, great styling, handles good, decent enough power (could always use more), all the cool little features. And no one else has one, I've only seen 3 on the road.

Old 06-30-2006, 01:15 AM
June 2007 1st Place Fit of the Month Winner
5 Year Member
at least a little more HP!!!! i would have been happy wit 120HP like what the Versa got

Old 06-30-2006, 06:26 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Paulo107
at least a little more HP!!!! i would have been happy wit 120HP like what the Versa got
I wish the fit had a little bit more power. Just a LITTLE bit more - like this:

http://www.ezprezzo.com/videoclips/stationwagon.html

Old 06-30-2006, 07:56 AM
5 Year Member
More power isn't what the Fit is about. It's got enough for me to surprise the guys who planned on cutting me off, especially at the traffic lights. I told Honda America, when they called for comments, that I love the car. All I'd like is a slightly bigger gas tank, so that the fuel economy meant less stops at the pump, and interior fabric that doesn't hold onto and show every pet hair. The driver's configuration is more comfortable than my Accord, which also didn't have a dead pedal. I mentioned that I don't miss the dead pedal on the Fit, but some of the Forum members do. Besides the great handling, what I really love is how roomy the interior is, while the car itself doesn't hog garage space.

Old 06-30-2006, 08:07 AM
There's only one turbodiesel engine I know of that size, that can produce 150hp; The one in your mind.

Old 06-30-2006, 08:19 AM
Pros:

Excellent fit and finish, nice interior guage layout and backlight color scheme, nice sounding radio (sport), looks of the car (you wouldn't believe how many unsolicited positive comments i get about it), gas mileage, smart AT (shifts at "right" times), maintenance minder computer is cool, smooth ride and very responsive handling. Safety features/safety rating.

Cons:

>No Daytime Running lights; worse, the interior dash lights are on when the exterior lights are off making you forget to turn them on yourself. Causes insurance to be higher (least it does mine, cause i get a discount for DRL), and is a safety hazard.
>Needs a center armrest/center storage compartment combo
>Did not come with a cargo cover (like duh); bought one aftermarket myself (the honda one).
>"musiclink" requires some complicated, expensive install.
>magic seats could stand to be tighter in their base position; they pop up too easy on my car, sometimes even inadvertently
> "check fuel cap" maintenance minder bug. Its a matter of when, not if, that you'll likely have this problem. I already do.
> The AC is too weak, and directly inbetween the Line-of-sight of the middle ac vents and you is the steering wheel. Think deflected AC air.

Old 06-30-2006, 09:31 AM
Good info in here, and good to know that Honda has done follow-ups with Fit owners.
Maybe they'll resolve some of the minor quirks in future models.

Old 06-30-2006, 10:30 AM
Like the instrument cluster with blue lighting.
The sport stereo is very good.
MT shifter is smooth
I like the fact that it dosn't have daytime running lights, could never stand them, plus makes the lights burn out very quickly.
Standard Side and Side Curtain Airbags
Magic Seats
15 inch alloy wheels
The black color looks great

Cons: No center armrest/storage bin. I don't understand why they didn't put this in the car.
Hight adjustment for seats
Passenger side vanity mirror (minor)
Could use more HP

Old 06-30-2006, 11:11 AM
5 Year Member
my only real complaint is the lack of center armrest.

Pet peeves are no actual temp gague, the rear defrost doesn't auto-off after 5-10min.

I wish it had:
Heated rearview mirrors, passenger visor mirror, daytime running lights. (I just drive with them on now)

Old 06-30-2006, 12:27 PM
Master FitFreaker
wat I dont like about fit
power
no dead pedal
no mirror for the passenger
the seats material suck
A/C is kinda weak

Old 06-30-2006, 01:05 PM
Pretty much the standard stuff: armrest, dead pedal, passenger visor mirror. I don't care about the power because I want the efficiency. It is enough for highway driving.

Other than that I really enjoy the car, it's plain fun to drive and I think the styling is great.

Oh and one other con is that the gas cap is not locked, you have to buy a locking cap to get that (which I did).

Last edited by paranode; 06-30-2006 at 01:08 PM.

Quick Reply: Pro's and Con's of owning a FIT......