General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

ac compressor issue

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2011, 04:09 AM
5 Year Member
ac compressor issue

So i drove to visit my mom who lives 1.5hrs away from me. After i got to the house i pulled my car into the garage and i started hearing a noise. I thought i was getting a flat but once i traced it I found the compressor was making a whistling/leaking type noise. I never noticed this before but i usually never park in a garage.

Anyone experience this. I did a quick search and didnt turn up anything.

I checked back after an hour and the noise stoped. Ac is still blowing cold. Not sure if this is normal or not but i have never experienced anything like this in other hondas i have owned.

thanks in advance for any insight.

Old 06-24-2011, 11:59 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by myblackhatch
So i drove to visit my mom who lives 1.5hrs away from me. After i got to the house i pulled my car into the garage and i started hearing a noise. I thought i was getting a flat but once i traced it I found the compressor was making a whistling/leaking type noise. I never noticed this before but i usually never park in a garage.

I checked back after an hour and the noise stoped. Ac is still blowing cold. Not sure if this is normal or not but i have never experienced anything like this in other hondas i have owned.

The refrigerant makes lots of interesting noises. Try listening to your fridge sometime. Don't worry about it unless it stops cooling.

Old 11-12-2011, 12:45 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by myblackhatch
So i drove to visit my mom who lives 1.5hrs away from me. After i got to the house i pulled my car into the garage and i started hearing a noise. I thought i was getting a flat but once i traced it I found the a/c compressor was making a whistling/leaking type noise. I never noticed this before but i usually never park in a garage.

im using the lennox AC compressor 10acc-036-230-02 and works very fine to me. on your case, you can go back to the dealer and ask them for some recommendation. there might be a warranty for that.