General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Honda Fit buzzing sound

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2011, 03:48 PM
Honda Fit buzzing sound

Hi everyone!
I've just noticed some buzzing noise with my fit and cannot figure where it comes from. I've searched the forums and other websites and only found articles and posts about the very silent buzzing sound which occurs when turning the key to II.
Let me start by giving some specs. Honda Fit idsi 1330cc engine, CVT gearbox, & a very non accurate fuel guage. I've got a Yaris before and the fuel guage was electronic and extremely accurate and found very disappointing to see a needle(very old age stuff) in a Honda which is supposed to be better than Toyota. But that's not the problem I am posting about.

My problems occurs on III key position. I start the vehicle, put the gear to R. No noise. I shift to G and after 10secs or so, I hear the bzzzzz and feel it near my feet, as if a very large mobile phone was vibrating. The buzz sound and vibration lasts for a maximum of 2 seconds. I swear that its a kind of electric device doing that noise. But I don't understand its purpose, as I am already rolling and sometimes accelerating when I hear that noise;even when I'm idle-braking on Drive, I will hear that noise once.

Can someone please help?

Old 06-03-2011, 03:31 PM
Any Idea? I've searched everyone on the web and asked honda staff and no one knows where does this comes from?