General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Is Honda manufacturing manual transmission Fits?

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2006, 03:21 PM
Originally Posted by SlowHatchGrL
Hey RedAndy, the dealers DO know what they are getting in! I work at one! I've been riding their butts about getting me my Fit!!!!!!! They are ordering it this week!!!!!!!! They also told me I'm looking at about 8 more weeks until delivery!!!!!
I'll call the dealer back again and push 'em a bit. I did just get a call from another dealer who is now taking orders for Fits (before they just sold 'em off the truck). They're telling me 8-10 weeks wait for a Sport MT in my choice of color if I order today. If the ETA is better than the first dealership, I'll switch. At least I'll have some pressure I can apply....

ps - the new dealership also told me that they're only allowing 15% of the dealers orders to be for MT, so I guess the 15% figure for MT fit production I see in this thread is accurate.....

Old 07-11-2006, 05:11 PM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
I was told by our dealer (and confirmed it from a few friends in the business) that Oregon is only getting 2 (yes TWO) MT Fits in the next two months. Ouch.

Old 07-24-2006, 03:31 PM
I wonder what the ratio of manual to automatic transmissions are on the Civic? It seems odd to me that so many people would want the Fit as an auto, considering it's an economy car.

Another sign we are becoming a shiftless society.

I'd buy an automatic in a heartbeat. That is, if my legs were amputated.

Old 07-25-2006, 12:59 PM
Michelle (Fitaholic)--I haven't seen data for % base Fit vs. % Fit Sport, but the 15% includes base MT's (like mine), so not all the 7,500 total will be MT Sports, making yours even more special.

Old 07-25-2006, 01:17 PM
Just FYI...there are currently several M/T sports available on Autotrader.com...just look around. I didn't see any in Texas, but there was one New Orleans and Arkansas.

I'll look for a couple of the links.
Here's one:
http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...en&cardist=916
and another:
http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...n&cardist=1430
and yet another:
http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...n&cardist=1292

I was quite shocked!

Last edited by fitaholic; 07-25-2006 at 01:32 PM.
Old 09-03-2006, 07:39 AM
Last week our dealer called about the Fit Sport MT we ordered in early May. Still no sign of one, anywhere in Michigan. Shouldn't Honda be giving the dealer some clues about availability?

Old 09-10-2006, 04:12 PM
I ordered a VBP base MT on June 24th. They estimated I'd get it late Sept or possibly very earily Oct. I called a few weeks ago and got a build date of Sept. 7th. Called again yesterday (9th) to check on the progress. They told me it's being built since it had a projected build date of the 7th and that they expected it would be here in a minimum of 8 weeks.... so I'm really not sure.

Old 09-14-2006, 11:38 AM
5 Year Member
I ordered in March...
And I got my Sport M/T in June...
I'm so rare.

Old 09-17-2006, 10:52 AM
i got the first and only manual MT Sport to go through the dealer i work at, and that was back on May 20th, so i'm very freaking lucky.

Old 09-27-2006, 12:29 PM
I put a downpayment on July 13. On Sept 18 I was told Honda never accepted the order and they can't even order a manual until Jan and this is true for ALL dealers. Not wanting to take the dealer's word for it I called Honda.

Rep: Check with other dealers and if they tell you the same thing it is probably true
Me: Don't you know what the truth is? I am asking for Honda's position so I don't have to take any sales person's word for it even if it is multiple dealers.
Rep: Let me check the database....I don't see any notice about that here so I suggest checking with other dealers.

summary: unhelpful and certainly non-commital answer.

So I email three other dealers on Sept 19 I had talked to previously and ask the situation. One doesn't answer me (still to this day), one says "all the manuals we have coming in are spoken for" which is not what I asked, but the last one does in fact give me an answer. He says it is true he can't order a manual. In the software where you request your allocation the option to select manual tranny is greyed out. He says Honda has not told them why, but it will be like that until Jan.

I specifically asked him if it was just because they had already used up their 15% for that long and he said no. I bought the base manual they had sitting on the lot from him, and he seemed to be a straight shooter.

Just thought I'd share what I was told.

Old 09-27-2006, 03:39 PM
Originally Posted by cjucoder
I put a downpayment on July 13. On Sept 18 I was told Honda never accepted the order and they can't even order a manual until Jan and this is true for ALL dealers. Not wanting to take the dealer's word for it I called Honda.

Rep: Check with other dealers and if they tell you the same thing it is probably true
Me: Don't you know what the truth is? I am asking for Honda's position so I don't have to take any sales person's word for it even if it is multiple dealers.
Rep: Let me check the database....I don't see any notice about that here so I suggest checking with other dealers.

summary: unhelpful and certainly non-commital answer.

So I email three other dealers on Sept 19 I had talked to previously and ask the situation. One doesn't answer me (still to this day), one says "all the manuals we have coming in are spoken for" which is not what I asked, but the last one does in fact give me an answer. He says it is true he can't order a manual. In the software where you request your allocation the option to select manual tranny is greyed out. He says Honda has not told them why, but it will be like that until Jan.

I specifically asked him if it was just because they had already used up their 15% for that long and he said no. I bought the base manual they had sitting on the lot from him, and he seemed to be a straight shooter.

Just thought I'd share what I was told.
He answered your question though, the dealership is not allocated manuals if they don't sell too many manuals.

It is all about the numbers they produce at each dealership. If it is common for that dealership to sell a lot of manuals they probably can get you a manual. If it is a mostly automatic consumer history, they probably won't have the ability to. Same with selling numbers, they sell a lot of Fits, they will get a lot more Fits to sell. Honda has people that sit in a cube all day checking sales records so that wherever they send a car it will sell without sittin on the lot for too long.

Although I also was at a dealership yesterday and they told me they are backordered all the way back to Feb.07, some dealerships will tell you they can't get you a fit in manual because they are being honest and will probably think they won't get allocated a Fit by the time they told you they could order one. Other dealerships want your business so bad they will tell you they can get one to hold your interest even if they arent sure they will be allocated a fit the next month or two.

As long as your interested and waiting for a supposed vehicle, they have your business. Dealerships are evil.

Old 09-27-2006, 09:32 PM
I've given up after waiting for five months. We've put a deposit on a Volkswagen Rabbit that is scheduled to leave Germany on a ship today. The Honda salesman I've dealt with told me his sales manager was finally allowed to place an order for a Sport M/T last week. Who knows when it will be built? Another local dealer had two Sport M/T's in stock, but both were subject to deposits. At least I know Honda is manufacturing Sport M/T's.

Old 12-11-2007, 05:00 PM
I bought my 2008 Manual Fit three months ago, had to wait a month for it.
Dragonman(Doug)

Old 08-03-2009, 01:29 PM
wow seems like it was hard to get a MT fit, when we purchased our 07 fit we got lucky because a manual was on its way out to go to riverside but the dealer had them bring it to anaheim instead! i guess we got lucky! i like manual better i dont like those paddle shifter crap!

Old 08-17-2009, 11:13 PM
I'm starting to feel pretty damn lucky then. I shopped online, decided I wanted a BBP M/T sport, went to the Honda dealership 20 min from my house and bought it. Apparently I'm just super lucky???

Old 08-18-2009, 02:53 AM
Yeah I guess I feel lucky too, I bought my '08 VBP sport MT in DEC '07 but I told the salesman I wanted the blue sport period, how long till you can get it in? They had it delivered from another dealership out of town and detailed for delivery in 36 hours.

Old 08-25-2009, 10:12 PM
5 Year Member
I dunno, but it seems like there has been a change since this thread started back in '06. The first dealer I went to in July had two SSM sport MT's, the dealer I purchased at at the end of July had 3. Both had quite a few sport MT's in other colors also.

Of course, this could all change again with the release of the 2010's, inspite of no major design changes to the Fit.

Old 08-06-2010, 10:25 AM
I just bought my 2010 Silver Fit Sport MT here in Houston..but we have a big market here. The only other Fit they had on the lot with a MT was a black base model. Guess I got lucky!

Old 08-06-2010, 08:16 PM
I'm in Chicago and I'd say its a pretty big market and they had NONE and I was willing to go within 250 miles to get one but I'm sure the saleman blew that one off though. I wish I had a stick

Old 08-12-2010, 06:33 PM
5 Year Member
Bought one off the lot at Mentor Honda in Ohio in may (Sport).

Quick Reply: Is Honda manufacturing manual transmission Fits?