General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Dents & Dings

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2011, 09:19 PM
5 Year Member
Dents & Dings

Guys, does your beloved Fit also have dents and/or dings?

Old 03-31-2011, 09:30 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by gladel
Guys, does your beloved Fit also have dents and/or dings?
I bought my Fit in August 2009 and SOMEHOW don't have any yet. Not that I've found any way.

Old 03-31-2011, 09:50 PM
5 Year Member
gotta billion rock chips on mine from tons of highway driving and trips.
and 2 dents that are just barely noticeable on the roof due to acorns falling from the trees where i used to park my car on the street. needless to say, i don't park on the street anymore

Old 03-31-2011, 10:05 PM
Cars always end up with body panel wear 'n tear no
matter what we do.

I find I can minimize it by...

-keeping a long following distance on the highway
-parking a long way from the front door at malls and stores
-avoiding travel on gravel roads

Currently have carport parking where I am right now... which
keeps the worst of the weather and things falling from the sky
off the panels. A garage would be better but I'm questioning
the value of paying $75/monthly for one.

Old 03-31-2011, 10:47 PM
5 Year Member
All over the bumper, lip and hood :/

Old 03-31-2011, 11:08 PM
5 Year Member
Road rash.....everybody getz it..just a matter time. I re-painted my front end and applied a clear 3m bra. Super product and worth it's weight in gold if applied correctly.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HONDA...item230b46bcb8

Now this is where the vinyl wraps come in handy! Wrap'd my front lip not only because it looks good but it hides any nicks, chips or blemishes from road debris.

Last edited by vinnymac; 03-31-2011 at 11:11 PM.
Old 03-31-2011, 11:33 PM
5 Year Member
i have that watched buying that once i repaint!

Old 04-01-2011, 04:34 AM
Originally Posted by vinnymac
Road rash.....everybody getz it..just a matter time. I re-painted my front end and applied a clear 3m bra. Super product and worth it's weight in gold if applied correctly.

HONDA FIT 2007 2008 3M CLEAR BRA PAINT PROTECTION FILM - eBay (item 150513040568 end time Apr-27-11 12:33:36 PDT)

Now this is where the vinyl wraps come in handy! Wrap'd my front lip not only because it looks good but it hides any nicks, chips or blemishes from road debris.
Thanks I was looking good vinyl to protect the front of my FIT.
But Booooooooo... looks like nothing is available with pre-cut patterns for my newer 2011 Fit Sport GE8

Last edited by Sacman; 04-01-2011 at 04:38 AM.
Old 04-01-2011, 12:26 PM
5 Year Member
Thanks for the replies, guys. I was asking this because I got a very small ding, dunno if its from a very small pebble from the road or an idiot opening the door and hitting mine because of parking too close to my car. Anyhow, I just want to get over with it and forget it. And if you guys feel the same way when your car gets ding'd and you just accept it and forget about it or do you have it repaired the soonest?

Last edited by gladel; 04-01-2011 at 12:28 PM.
Old 04-01-2011, 12:43 PM
To me, it depends on the car. My fit is a daily driver / beater (albeit a very nice beater). It doesn't have much in the way of door dings, for the simple fact that it is a narrow vehicle. It does have scuffs on both the front and rear bumpers (mystery how they appeared, though I was not happy when I found them), and I will likely leave them on the car (already has 80k on it), because they are not likely to impact the value much when I sell it.

On my M3, I fix every little thing that happens to it, even so far as repainting the front bumper to deal with all the rock chips, though this won't happen until I am ready to sell it.

On my truck, as long as it drives and is safe, I don't care what happens to it.

Old 04-01-2011, 01:15 PM
No dings yet but it has only been a month...I kept my HHR ding free for 4 years and 98k miles by parking far away at malls as mentioned above

I commute 100 miles a day almost all highway and already have stone chips on the hood......have always had a bug deflector on my other cars and while they help a bit they just seem to push chips farther up hood lol. The whole front end of the Fit screams abuse me due to its sharply sloped front end. I've almost resigned myself that there are going to be a lot of chips on this car. What I am amazed at is how soft the windshield is.......chips galore and I'm usually below 70mph.......I see this glass probably needing replacement at an early stage.......

Old 12-31-2011, 12:21 AM
goodness yes.

back bumper got tapped,
scratches from unloading guitars and amps near the hatch
drivers side has dings from kids bumping it with their bikes
front bumper and hood have lots of dings, scratches, and paint chips, mainly because I never knew why people wax their cars!

and that's just the OUTSIDE!

Old 12-31-2011, 01:47 AM
5 Year Member
rocks dings you name it i got it!

DD ftl -_-

next car probably will be a garage queen

Old 12-31-2011, 03:44 AM
5 Year Member
I hated looking at mine so I covered it with a vinyl sticker. ^_____^

Name:  omgwtf.jpg
Views: 156
Size:  19.6 KB

Old 12-31-2011, 08:43 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by gladel
Thanks for the replies, guys. I was asking this because I got a very small ding, dunno if its from a very small pebble from the road or an idiot opening the door and hitting mine because of parking too close to my car. Anyhow, I just want to get over with it and forget it. And if you guys feel the same way when your car gets ding'd and you just accept it and forget about it or do you have it repaired the soonest?
Don't feel bad. Unfortunately scratches, dings are just part of owning a car.

I had 200 miles on mine and received a small surprise. I went down one evening to our parking garage at work to leave for home. There are pillars between the parking spaces and plenty of room. Some goofball, with a white vehicle, left a 1/4 inch paint scrape on the rear driver's side door. Vehicle was not there when I parked or when I was leaving.

Thankfully no dent and I was able to wax all of it off. You can't tell it's there without using a magnifying glass.

The moral of this story. People have zero respect for the property of others.

Old 12-31-2011, 03:57 PM
I agree the scratches and dents are just part of owning a car and that you can not count on other to be respectful of it. That's why I'm grabbing as many pictures of it now before it gets all those battle scars.

Already I also had 2 minor incidents that caused me to swear- One was while backing into a curbside parking space. I scraped the rim and tire on the curb but and was flabbergasted that it looked like I had plenty of clearance by looking into the side view mirror.

2nd incident was with a large key ring that was hanging from my belt brush across the the back door panel leaving a small scratch.

Guess after all those scratches & dents accrue it's healthier to tell oneself how cool it is to have that USB iPod connector and the magic seat

Update: Just washed the car today and thought there was a white'ish dot of something on the hood and then realized it was actually a paint chip already! That really sucks. Less than 4 weeks old and time for some touch up paint already.

Last edited by GTRPLYR; 12-31-2011 at 07:58 PM. Reason: added chip
Old 01-01-2012, 09:49 AM
5 Year Member
Rock dings are something that are cars will get with time.Most of them are from driving in the highway.Some people use 3M clear bra or a full mask bra.My car has some dents in the bumper and some small dents in the hood but i can live with that.It's just something normal with a every day driving....For door dents just park your car a little far away(alone)from others.I do that and work.

Old 01-01-2012, 07:45 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by GTRPLYR
Update: Just washed the car today and thought there was a white'ish dot of something on the hood and then realized it was actually a paint chip already! That really sucks. Less than 4 weeks old and time for some touch up paint already.
Battle scars! I'm sure I'll get a few of those as well.

Old 01-01-2012, 10:31 PM
Originally Posted by 2012FitFan
Battle scars! I'm sure I'll get a few of those as well.
Yea I'm sure it won't be the last and this one should be just fine with a dab of touch up paint but that paint sure must be thin for that to have happened.even had a good coat of carnauba wax on it. Perhaps I should pick up 2 tubes of those tubes of touch up paint?

Old 01-01-2012, 11:26 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by GTRPLYR
Yea I'm sure it won't be the last and this one should be just fine with a dab of touch up paint but that paint sure must be thin for that to have happened.even had a good coat of carnauba wax on it. Perhaps I should pick up 2 tubes of those tubes of touch up paint?
Probably not a bad idea. I should have taken a picture of that white paint scrape on mine, with just 200 on the clock, but I was to steamed to think.

Quick Reply: Dents & Dings