General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.
View Poll Results: Rate your driving!
Above average
92.86%
Below average
7.14%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Rate your driving!

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2006, 12:56 AM
personally, i think forums are perfect places to exchange information and ideas. not comparing, competing and criticizing others.

Old 06-23-2006, 01:02 AM
people got their drivers license to legally drive around the town to get grocery.
they don't need you to lecture them about your mention of so-important HEEL AND TOE REVMATCHING. who really cares about that on this forum?
someone is arrogant here telingl people not to eat if they don't know table manners?

Old 06-23-2006, 01:07 AM
June 2007 1st Place Fit of the Month Winner
5 Year Member
just ride with me and find out

Old 06-23-2006, 01:30 AM
Originally Posted by lovethatfit
but who are you trying to correct and criticize anyway? people got the drivers license to enjoy their drivings and livings. they don't need heel and toe because it is not a requirement for normal driving on the road!
you have been posting in Fit forum talking about techniques to normal drivers.
looking at your car, you are better off talking to some advanced tuners and drivers at i-club or evolutionm.net, don't you think?
im far from trying to correct or criticize anyone. i just find it humerous that people thinks they are above average drivers, when obviously they are not.

my driving is far from perfect. i've been in at fault accidents with a stationary object (a street sign). I've rear ended someone because i wasnt paying attention. I've taken more then 3 points to park a car.

as far as i-club and evom, it will be the same, the quality of drivers there is not much if any better then here. 90% people will think they are above average drivers, and half of them are wrong.

Old 06-23-2006, 02:08 AM
I know I'm a great driver. So don't even think otherwise.

Old 06-23-2006, 06:10 AM
5 Year Member
Internet troll:
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In Internet terminology, a troll is someone who comes into an established community such as an online discussion forum, and posts inflammatory, rude or offensive messages designed intentionally to annoy and antagonize the existing members or disrupt the flow of discussion…For many people, the characterising feature of trolling is the perception of intent to disrupt a community in some way. Inflammatory, sarcastic, disruptive or humorous content is posted, meant to draw other users into engaging the troll in a fruitless confrontation. The greater the reaction from the community the more likely the user is to troll again, as the person develops beliefs that certain actions achieve his/her goal to cause chaos. This gives rise to the often repeated protocol in Internet culture: "Do not feed the trolls."

But in the interest of feeding our Troll: Perhaps it is true that the vast majority of us drivers are excellent. When you think of the millions of people on the road, it is amazing that we don't see and have accidents every day if not every few minutes! Even the finest drivers in the world have accidents. Perhaps, indeed, every great driver has had an accident.

Old 06-23-2006, 09:35 PM
5 Year Member
we should do another poll and rate your driving by amount of times other drivers get upset with you or by the number of times you get angry while driving.

Old 06-24-2006, 04:23 AM
5 Year Member
I think I'm a technical driver. I have all my mirrors adjusted and even compensated for blindspot as best as possible and even tested my field of view. After I adjust my mirrors, I allow a car to drive past me to see how long before the car dissapears from the mirror and into my blind spot. Then I figure out how far I have to turn my head to cover that portion where the car has disappeared into. Then for my rear mirror, I adjust it until it is horizonally pleasing to my eyes, and from my natural position, without turning my head or raising my chin to look up into the rear mirror, I see everything immediately. I follow every rule, from speed limit to using my blinkers for every turn that I make even if it is just me on the road.

I bet most people who are too lazy to use their blinker or daytime headlights thinks that its for their own safety. In fact, its for the safety of those around them. Humans are truely horrible at perceiving distance, and so are animals. The daylight headlights actually serve to help enhance the perception of distance. That is why when you go on roadtrips and when you are on a long stretched road, you will see signs that says "turn on your headlights". Its for the safety of those who wishes to do a quick pass of a truck in front of them. So they can judge if they have enough distance.

My cousin called me last week and told me that she had totalled her car from rear ending someone who had braked while she had her head turned to check the other lane so she can get over. I told her that a good driver shouldnt have to turn their head no further than their shoulder. If they are, then their mirrors are badly compensated.

So yeah, signal and use your headlights for the safety of others if not for yourself. By the way, did you guys know that there is a new law in effect. In California, if it is raining and you are using your windshield wipers, you have to have your headlights on as well at all times. You can get a ticket if your winshield wipers are on but not your headlights.

Old 06-28-2006, 11:18 PM
sam
Super Moderator
Question

Psychology 100 class assignment or Lake Wobegon humor

Old 06-29-2006, 02:12 AM
Originally Posted by gettinafit
where is race car driver as an option?? hehehe
Yeah I was looking for that option also??