General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Rare animal...

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2006, 02:48 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by crankshaft
Now I just come here once in a while to look for info on the next gen Fit, but I may end up buying something else because I refuse to pay a premium for a car that doesn't deserve one.
oh, you had to add the 'doesn't deserve one' thing...look out for the flames!

Were you able to sit in one or drive one for comparison to the competition? The Fit is a little more expensive than the others, it is like that in every market and always comes out on top in magazine comparisons. That is how Honda has positioned this car. Safety sells too and the Fit is coming out on top there too. The frenzy will die down--don't buy something you're not wild about if you can wait. (I know the dealers can be nightmarish!)

Old 06-21-2006, 10:27 AM
Originally Posted by fitjunkie
so far all I've seen is ONE fit on the road since I bought mine back in April, it's been almost two months and only ONE fit, and it's on highway...these fit sightings are UFO-like...I feel like taking pictures of these rare sightings and sell them on ebay
Dito that here in Minnesota.

Old 06-21-2006, 10:56 AM
Speaking of this, I saw the same VBP on the way home and back to work yesterday and today. This was getting on and off the tollway around Hwy 121. Anyone here own that one by chance?

Old 06-21-2006, 01:43 PM
Originally Posted by cheffyjay
oh, you had to add the 'doesn't deserve one' thing...look out for the flames!

Were you able to sit in one or drive one for comparison to the competition? The Fit is a little more expensive than the others, it is like that in every market and always comes out on top in magazine comparisons. That is how Honda has positioned this car. Safety sells too and the Fit is coming out on top there too. The frenzy will die down--don't buy something you're not wild about if you can wait. (I know the dealers can be nightmarish!)
Yes, I did test drive a Milano Red Fit Sport 5AT, and definitely liked it. I had fun with the paddle shifters, and was impressed with the quality of materials, but by principle, I will not pay MSRP for a car. I may wait a year to see if we get the next gen Fit.....I don't know. My commuter car is a 16 year old Accord, and it still runs great, but it's time for a new car.

Old 06-21-2006, 02:16 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by crankshaft
Yes, I did test drive a Milano Red Fit Sport 5AT, and definitely liked it. I had fun with the paddle shifters, and was impressed with the quality of materials, but by principle, I will not pay MSRP for a car. I may wait a year to see if we get the next gen Fit.....I don't know. My commuter car is a 16 year old Accord, and it still runs great, but it's time for a new car.
Not trying to sell you a car here but would you be OK paying $600 over invioce for a car?
Fit Sport MT invioce: $14,533 List: $15,170 ($637 margin)
Base model margin is $578-614.
It is the idea of not negotiating for a deal isn't it?
I paid nearly MSRP but not the $2700 extra on the second sticker!
It was really about what the car was worth to me in comparison to my alternatives in the price range. The fuel economy savings will offset what I could have negotiated off of other cars. (plus, I'll be saving about $1000 per year vs. the minivan I was driving so I was eager to get into the Fit.)

sorry about the threadjack but this is FitFreak...

Old 06-21-2006, 02:24 PM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
I've seen three Storm Silver, and one Blaze Orange. That's it!

Old 06-21-2006, 02:28 PM
i think i've seen around five and there's one other vbp that lives around the corner from me. but the best part was my first mutual fit siting: i was driving a saw a white base model come out of a parking lot. she pulled up right next to me and started waving. it was pretty much the best first mutual fit siting i could hope for.

Old 06-21-2006, 02:33 PM
Smile "Not the only one anymore..."

I started my search in late April. Not one Honda Dealership in my area could tell me when they would be getting a shipment in.
Finally,got lucky & picked my Fit up 5/30.
Up until 2wks ago, I was convinced I was "Special".

Seen 2.......so far...

Last edited by Lilbigwheelz; 06-23-2006 at 02:40 PM.
Old 09-13-2007, 09:05 PM
5 Year Member
Smile resurrecting an old thread . . .

Hi,

I bought the New Beastie a week ago, on the 6th. Prior to that I had seen a few (emphasis on the few) around.

I live in Orlando and work in Clermont - if I have the time, I take a slower (and cheaper) route by taking Silver Star Road to Ocoee. I think I might pass a Taffeta White Fit on my way to work, going in the other direction towards Orlando. Tonight I know I passed a Storm Silver basic going in the opposite direction when I was on the way home.

Other than that, I have seen no Fits around here. I'm thinking, from some of what I read here, that they all must be owned by young folk living on the east side of town out by the University.

I'd been used to seeing loads of Accord Coupes back when I had one - including a lot of the same year (2001) and color (silver).

g (not young folk - BS Accounting from UCF in 1986, MS Accounting from UCF in 1987)

Old 09-13-2007, 09:14 PM
5 Year Member
Redundant

Originally Posted by golly
BS Accounting from UCF in 1986, MS Accounting from UCF in 1987)
I thought all accounting was BS!

I keed, I keed, I joke with you.

Old 09-13-2007, 09:16 PM
Retired Moderator
I dont see Fits too often either..But i do see one every now and then.

Old 09-13-2007, 09:22 PM
5 Year Member
Talking sometimes it is

Originally Posted by Steeldog
I thought all accounting was BS!

I keed, I keed, I joke with you.
According to my boss, it's all voodoo! Happily, I work for a really good not-for-profit and there is no need for some of the less savory for-profit-world games.

Old 09-13-2007, 09:29 PM
i see many more now than i used too.

makes me glad i've done some stuff to mine... all the ones i've seen are bone stock

Old 09-13-2007, 09:56 PM
I just bought mine 3 days ago and it is the only one that i have seen here in town so far, i have had so many people constantly asking about it and what it is?

Old 09-13-2007, 10:18 PM
Honda Fit Forums Moderator
There is a lot of fits in my city Vancouver. And a good number of them are driven by fit freaks! It helps having AJ Racing local for parts and installs. I enjoy spotting any fit but the base ones look so plain compared to the sports!

Old 09-15-2007, 01:05 PM
there are so many around here in vancouver

Old 09-15-2007, 01:52 PM
5 Year Member
I've only seen 2 SSM on the road total...even before i got my fit. Where are all the SOCAL FREAKS!!!

Old 09-15-2007, 01:53 PM
I live in Palm Springs where the only other drivers are old or *** (the other people in PS) and none of them modify there fits. When i pass and wave i get the 2 glance. Its fun having the ony modded fit in the desert.

Old 09-15-2007, 02:47 PM
quite a few in winnipeg also, I've seen every color so far (available in canada). see one almost daily now.

gotta say that blaze orange metallic is really nice compared to other manufacturer blaze oranges I've seen.

Old 09-16-2007, 04:50 PM
Can you imagine, in only a couple of years, there will be sooo many Fits on the road that you'll be sick of them.
Bitterspeak, why do you say that we'll be overcome by Fits soon? Is Honda planning to push these harder?

Quick Reply: Rare animal...