General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Greetings... New Fit Owner here...

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2011, 02:53 AM
Greetings... New Fit Owner here...

I thought this would be a good spot to introduce myself.

I just bought a leftover 2010 Fit Sport with the Manual transmission and no traction control. It's the Milano Red model and me being me I've already done Swift springs and a Progress Sway bar and have a K&N intake on the way.

Mostly I'm going for handling and a bit snappier throttle response hence the intake. I'll probably look into that little box that changes the throttle settings as well.

Anyway, I needed a new car as my Ex-Wife ended up with my Mazda Protege-5 that I had all kitted out for Autocross and I have an 11 month old son to haul around. The Fit is an incredible little car, especially for the price and the relatively minor mods I've done to it.

The only thing I'm still going to do is slap some light forged wheels like Motegi Traklites on it when the stock tires get worn out and then put snow tires on the stock rims. I'm also probably going to tint the windows before summer.

I'll post up some pix tomorrow if the weather is nice enough to shoot some.

BTW, is anyone using Traklites and do they fit well? The Swift springs don't give me a bunch of drop so clearance isn't a huge problem. I'm open to other brands/models as long as I'm not paying out the nose. I believe I can score the Motegis for about $300 a wheel installed and balanced locally.

Last edited by madryan; 02-03-2011 at 02:55 AM.