General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Your Fit and Canyons...

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2011, 03:10 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by carlitos_FA5
yea, you do have a really good point there. but hey... everyone has their owne opinion on their cars right?!... but as performance i still think its the SI... have you guys ever test drove an SI?!
Performance? What do you mean...? How well you drive the car to its limits? And I'm not saying slapping a turbo on just to make insane power gains like how all the videos on youtube have rsx-s, civic si, honda's in general that just go fast on a straight, but understanding your car and making it do what you want it to do "track wise". Sure the car can only perform as great as how well the driver delivers it, so if you're saying the SI has more power then, yes it does have more power, yes its running a k20, and yes the performance is greater than the Fit in terms of power...

I have driven an SI and I like the feel of it. Power when you need it, interiors great etc. Though I have never had the chance to take it on a track or canyon runs... I'm sure it feels great. But just don't come to a Fit forum and brag about how better the SI is compared to the Fit. The Fit is a great car and it has the potential to become an even greater car, as does every car. Every tuner has a different method of tuning a car, and every car has many characteristics rather than focusing on one characteristic. I think all the Fit owners on here have a true passion of what being a true car enthusiast is.

Last edited by airwicc; 05-31-2011 at 03:29 AM.
Old 05-31-2011, 04:55 AM
fit vs Si

For me its simple, cost vs fun. There's many a vehicle that can run off leaving me well behind. Fortunately I can park, load six more people into it and party until the gates open.

I have pictures.

Fits and FitFreaks rule.

Old 05-31-2011, 07:10 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by carlitos_FA5
yea, you do have a really good point there. but hey... everyone has their owne opinion on their cars right?!... but as performance i still think its the SI... have you guys ever test drove an SI?!
Why are you so desperate for people to "agree" with you? Have YOU driven a Fit?

It boggles my mind... that you are so determined to "prove" that the Civic has more "performance" than a Fit.

Are you compensating for something?!?

Old 05-31-2011, 10:13 AM
carlitos_FA5 you are comparing the HP you have against the Strength of our chassis. We're saying that there is a possibility that your FA5 can be out handled on the down hill, which would make the fit stay on your tail and in your rear view.

By saing your suspension is outdated/prehistoric, older civics had a double wishbone suspension and handled amazing (with or without after-market suspension.) The GD3 is able to out handle your car, just as a mini cooper is able to out handle you. Due to the small wheelbase, the OE suspension, and one of the strongest monocoque chassis in its class.

Sure your SI will out power the fit but if the power would be the same, the Fit would out handle your civic any day of the week. (suspension stock vs. suspension stock)

Last edited by abelardo; 05-31-2011 at 10:26 AM.
Old 05-31-2011, 10:20 AM
5 Year Member
Its monocoque hahahaha

Old 05-31-2011, 10:26 AM
Originally Posted by mike410b
Its monocoque hahahaha
I was close lol

Old 05-31-2011, 07:37 PM
Originally Posted by Goobers
Why are you so desperate for people to "agree" with you? Have YOU driven a Fit?

It boggles my mind... that you are so determined to "prove" that the Civic has more "performance" than a Fit.

Are you compensating for something?!?

yea i have... i mean its a fun car to drive... straight... turns!?... i would still pick my SI for the FIT... there was one person on 8THCIVIC that was a FIT owner... and happened the way it is happening here... hehehe... if you go to a diff. forums... they will tell you "fits" r better... or on 8TH... civics are better... but hey... i use to go to the canyons alot... never seen a FIT up there... but hey if i do... we will see... i took my civic with stock suspension... took turns like a charm... would pull me threw any turns... down here in cali FITS arent known for there speed or how fast they turn... they all about looks... and pluz every FIT i see its ither a LADY or a grandma... but hey we r in the honda family right?!... just diff opinions...

Old 05-31-2011, 07:57 PM
5 Year Member
Ahh because you were pleased with how it corners it obviously handles perfectly. Sup Ayrton Senna.

Old 05-31-2011, 08:01 PM
5 Year Member
hahha ^^

..but RIP Aryton Senna.

-I rather be cycling

Old 05-31-2011, 08:08 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by airwicc
hahha ^^

..but RIP Aryton Senna.

-I rather be cycling
Definitely, he will always be the greatest driver to ever touch a steering wheel.