General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Your Fit and Canyons...

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2011, 10:21 PM
lol EP's are pigs in stock form

Old 01-04-2011, 10:23 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by hellofit10
Their MAIN point. Is "YOUR CAR IS TOO TALL. THAT'S WHY EKs AND EPs ARE GOOD AT CANYONS, BECAUSE THEY ARE LOWER"
I mean I don't care, its just... I dislike being under estimated.

I wish they had a youtube video of an si going against a fit, canyon wise. Lol
Thats not really a point, more of an opinion.

Just go out and have fun in the canyons. Don't pay any mind on their opinions unless they've driven a Fit hard themselves. If you do see one of those Si drivers during a run, give them a run for their money.

Old 01-04-2011, 10:26 PM
Originally Posted by Hootie
Thats not really a point, more of an opinion.

Just go out and have fun in the canyons. Don't pay any mind on their opinions unless they've driven a Fit hard themselves. If you do see one of those Si drivers during a run, give them a run for their money.
They would run me off the canyon before they would ever let themselves see my tail lights. Haha.

Old 01-04-2011, 10:28 PM
5 Year Member
They would run me off the canyon before they would ever let themselves see my tail lights. Haha.
Nah, they'd understeer into a rail or ditch first.

Old 01-04-2011, 10:56 PM
5 Year Member
I dislike being under estimated.
I LOVE being underestimated.

Old 01-04-2011, 11:14 PM
Originally Posted by Hootie
Nah, they'd understeer into a rail or ditch first.
haha. Imagine.. I would feel bad while looking down and saying "I TOLD YOU"

Old 04-19-2011, 06:02 PM
5 Year Member
The Fit is has a very rigid monocoque shell. Taking turns would be a breeze for a stock fit. I go to Palomar Mtn every now and then and I take turns at 50+ and I'm running on factory tires. No squealing or body roll what so ever. You'll just have to experience it to know what I mean. I rather have a slow car that has beastly turning capabilities than a fast car that doesn't.

Old 04-19-2011, 09:20 PM
Just for comparison, looking at the NHTSA testing, the Fit got 4-stars on rollover resistance. For comparison purposes, the Civic got 5, the Element (and Jeep Wrangler) got 3, and the CR-V and Pilot got 4. So basically the tallish car has the same rollover resistance as... a tallish car (which is what a crossover is, after all!)

Canyon roads are fun in the fit. Climbing the grades, it'll make you think the engine is going to just explode at any moment, but the downhills are fun. Being FWD, you don't get the fun of using your right foot to steer the back while your hands steer the front. On the plus side, because the power is so low, and there's not much torque to manage, they didn't have to engineer around torque steer so diligently, and the steering feel is very good.

My current car definitely grips better in the corners, but I imagine that a Fit would with some improvements to the springs/tires. It's also more fun at lower speeds through corners - I get the distinct impression that the biggest difference is I'd be going faster when I finally reached the limits of handling.

There's people that assert that you can't take a Ninja 250R to the canyons either.

Old 04-24-2011, 12:53 PM
5 Year Member
seeing as how most fa5 owners are total tools (a requirement to drive one i think), i would pay too much heed to what they say.

there is an epic article on edmunds the new b spec class in endurance racing....the fit came out i think 16th out of a huge group of cars. and you should have seen the handling numbers it put out...on better tires and dampers no less. it was incredible.

Old 04-24-2011, 07:11 PM
5 Year Member
15th (the same number on the Fit itself).

Old 04-24-2011, 08:52 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Goobers
15th (the same number on the Fit itself).

Ah good catch, I stand corrected

Old 05-30-2011, 11:18 PM
NOT to be talking shit about FITS... but isnt like takeing a mini van for a canyon run?!!??!?!.... ummmm i know a fit owner... he hangs with the 8th gens... he said he can KKEEEEPPPP UPPPP not beat us... but hey its all about the driver right? ;]

Old 05-30-2011, 11:28 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by carlitos_FA5
NOT to be talking shit about FITS... but isnt like takeing a mini van for a canyon run?!!??!?!.... ummmm i know a fit owner... he hangs with the 8th gens... he said he can KKEEEEPPPP UPPPP not beat us... but hey its all about the driver right? ;]
Dude. You drive the second worst Civic Si ever.

Your car has inferior suspension to its predecessors. Its the size of an accord. It has a terrible dash. Its ugly. Its transmission is a fan of going bad.

Whereas the Fit is 500 lbs lighter, has a tighter wheelbase, and it doesn't like to kill its transmission.

Old 05-30-2011, 11:35 PM
dude are you serios?!?!... your makeing me giggle right now... you guys would ddiiieeeee for our K-20... biggest as an accord?! uhhhh check again... my car still worth more than your car used bro... the most popular year of all civics... do you even know how much money HONDA made of our 8th gens?!?!?!?! and how much they won from selling fits?!?!?!.... look i aint here to waste my time on this shit.... i am on a fit forum... hehehe... nways we can make a lil video on the canyons if you like lets see who is right shall we?!?! =]

Old 05-30-2011, 11:44 PM
5 Year Member
I would die for a K20? Sorry bud but I'm currently enjoying my B18 in my car that is 500 lbs less than yours, has a VASTLY superior suspension layout, and is much smaller.

The FA5 isn't as big as past accords? The 4th gen Accord and the FA5 are both roughly 180" in length. And it's the same weight as the 4th gen Accord.

And you say do I realize how much money Honda has made on the 8th gen Civic, do you realize that if Honda is making such a huge profit on this car...they obviously cut many, many corners.

J's Racing Fit > Any 8th Gen Civic.

Old 05-30-2011, 11:47 PM
well thats not what alot of fit owners are saying now n days! ;]...

Old 05-30-2011, 11:49 PM
5 Year Member
OMG THE TOOLS WHO THINK ITS NECESSARY TO HAVE 197 BHP STOCK ARE OBVIOUSLY EXPERTS ON PROPER CAR DYNAMICS.

If those people were actually looking for a proper driver's car they wouldn't buy some overweight, underpowered, poorly suspended econobox. They'd buy a raw, lightweight car.

Which one of us has that?

I'm going to go with me and my current and previous vehicles over you and yours.

Old 05-31-2011, 12:33 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by carlitos_FA5
He can keep up with you guys... uhh in my eyes I see that better than trying to beat you fa-5 guys in a canyon run. If he can keep up with you guys than the Fit has more potential

Last edited by airwicc; 05-31-2011 at 12:47 AM.
Old 05-31-2011, 12:41 AM
Thumbs up

To answer the OP, my fit runs great through the canyons. I was really surprised. It's nimble and turns razor sharp. The x5 couldn't stay up on the more tight turns behind me. Some of the canyons driven where 138 to silverwood lake/Wrightwood mountains/Grimes Canyon Road(simi valley)/Kanan Road to Malibu. It's lacks uphill power but on the curves it's a charm. Sure my previous v6 twin turbo all wheel drive was a charm but when when you can do it on a budget car and have same if not more fun it's definetly worth every penny.

Last edited by tblue32; 05-31-2011 at 12:44 AM.
Old 05-31-2011, 02:21 AM
Originally Posted by airwicc
He can keep up with you guys... uhh in my eyes I see that better than trying to beat you fa-5 guys in a canyon run. If he can keep up with you guys than the Fit has more potential
yea, you do have a really good point there. but hey... everyone has their owne opinion on their cars right?!... but as performance i still think its the SI... have you guys ever test drove an SI?!

Quick Reply: Your Fit and Canyons...