General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

GReady's Email

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2006, 09:16 AM
Four Wheels Enthusiast
5 Year Member
GReady's Email

Hey guys a few days ago I emailed GReady to see if they had any plans for our car, I just got the response and thought you would like to check it out for yourself.

Hello, My name is Jesse and Iam an owner of a new 2007 Honda Fit, alot of us with this car are intrested to know if your company plans on releasing any parts for our car, if you could either respond to this email or you can stop by our huge fourm site to increase your sales at www.fitfreak.net we would appreciate it!

Thanks!

Thank you for your interest in GReddy
We are currently doing testing on this car for Exhaust and also working on a turbo kit , We have no expected release dates for this at this time or power gains , Please keep in touch with your local GReddy dealer for updates .

It seems they will have a turbo and exhaust system atleast some point in the Fi't future.. good news for thoes of you that were looking for a turbo, just keep your eyes peels for Gready!

Old 06-13-2006, 12:08 PM
Four Wheels Enthusiast
5 Year Member
I suppose nobody else cares but me..

Old 06-13-2006, 12:12 PM
Well, that is good news, but just because a company is doing research into a turbo, doesn't always mean that they will end up selling one. It may be cost prohibitive or might just not work.

I'll be happy when they start selling the products. Until then, I'll just sit back and wait...

But thanks for the update!

Old 06-13-2006, 12:19 PM
5 Year Member
sounds awesome! I'll keep my fingers crossed for this!

Old 06-13-2006, 12:40 PM
I always wonder about a turbo kit for the fit....but i still have some concerns.

A) Us californians already can't get the EPA's city mileage on the freeway...so a turbo probably wouldn't help for crap.

B) A 1.5L engine with a turbo added would probably gain something like 20-30 WHP....and the kit would most likely cost $2500+ dollars. Doesn't sound too worth it to me.

Tre

Old 06-13-2006, 12:56 PM
5 Year Member
20-30 hp from 109hp is pretty good as a percentage isn't it? For this car it is about power to weight.

Old 06-13-2006, 01:06 PM
A 20 - 30% hp increase would be well worth it to me for a $2500 investment. Our only alternitive for that much power would be a complete engine swap ~$9,000. Now THAT is well out my price range for a $17,000 car...
just my $.02

Old 06-13-2006, 01:10 PM
5 Year Member
remember that our cars are still very light. So although a 20% increase doesn't SOUND like much or look like much on paper, you'll definitely feel it on the road. Plus with the additions of 3" turbo piping, upgrading fuel systems, FMIC, intake and such, there is still a lot of potential in our cars.

Old 06-13-2006, 01:26 PM
The Top Fuel turbo kit currently available in Japan for the JDM Fit increases HP by about 35whp which is a considerable amount for such a small car but costs about $3k. You have to keep in mind though, as far as small car's go, the US market Fit isnt that light, almost 2500lbs for a car with only 109hp isnt that great of a power to weight ratio. Basically 109hp isnt sufficient for a 2500lb car on paper.

But the engineer's at Honda worked there magic to make the best of that hp to not give the sense that the car is slow and for the most part it doesnt feel slow or sluggish. If we had the other world market Fit's that only weigh about 2200lbs then 109hp wouldnt be as bad and just simple bolt ons would be sufficient, a turbo wouldnt be necessary. Its a shame Honda didnt at least add another 15hp when they decided to bring to Fit to the US cause it could use it.

Old 06-13-2006, 01:39 PM
Originally Posted by MirrorWorks
I always wonder about a turbo kit for the fit....but i still have some concerns.

A) Us californians already can't get the EPA's city mileage on the freeway...so a turbo probably wouldn't help for crap.

B) A 1.5L engine with a turbo added would probably gain something like 20-30 WHP....and the kit would most likely cost $2500+ dollars. Doesn't sound too worth it to me.

Tre
I guess what i meant when i was saying that is that ~140-150 HP isn't that impressive for spending $3k+ in mods. Once again, coming from the WRX crowd where you could spend $600 on a chip and get like 30 HP easily. Our cars aren't meant for big power, so its hard for me to appreciate it.

How do you guys think a turbo kit would affect mileage?

Tre

Old 06-13-2006, 01:48 PM
5 Year Member
Our cars aren't meant for big power, so its hard for me to appreciate it.
that sums it up right there.

negatively of course. As for how much I'm sure it would be around the same thing as boosting a D-series.

Old 06-13-2006, 02:02 PM
if you have the money, spend it. to me, I probably won't. because fun to drive doesn't mean you HAVE to add tremendous powers to it. it could be other mods. look at the Spoon Fit....

Old 06-13-2006, 02:40 PM
Master FitFreaker
nice I want to see some # and the turbo hahaha

Old 06-13-2006, 02:57 PM
Four Wheels Enthusiast
5 Year Member
id like to see a powerchip for the fit... (not the ebay one)

Old 06-13-2006, 03:33 PM
Most chips dont do much for small NA cars...probably the most you could expect would be somethign like 8 HP or so, if even.

Anyways, it will make the fit crowd more exciting when there are turbo kits around, but they probably wont be around as long as there are only 39K fits in the US, so in the meantime those who want to be "fast" should just gut their interior

Tre

Originally Posted by sLiVeRwOrM
id like to see a powerchip for the fit... (not the ebay one)

Old 06-13-2006, 04:47 PM
well if u keep the rpm below turbo it might not affect mileage that much i guess...and when u feel the need for speed then slam the pedal? haha

Old 06-13-2006, 05:16 PM
are you guys forgetting that for a turbo kit to be reliable, you would have to put an entire new bottom end in that motor? new pistons, rods, balancing and blueprinting would be a good idea. I wouldnt even think about turboing a honda engine, much less one with 10.4:1 compression stock.

either that or you'd be forced to run with 4-7 lbs of boost tops, on stock internals, which is so little boost that you wouldnt really get much bang for the buck. You could probably spend the same amount of money elsewhere and get a much larger increase in power, say... rebuild your bottom end, set it up for about 9:1 compression, and run nitrous instead.

Really, I think the whole turbo kit idea is just for those people that like the 'psst' sounds the blow off valve makes. If you really want a turbo car, buy a late model Mazdaspeed protege, or wait another year for the Mazdaspeed 3.

turboing hondas is one of the worst ideas I've heard in a long time, and it makes me want to cry every time I see some punk ricer with a turbo kit on their civic, running on stock internals. if Honda wanted to make turbo cars, they would. the botton line is that these high revving, high compression motors just arent designed to be turbocharged, they are too light weight to hold up to that kinda of abuse.

Old 06-13-2006, 07:18 PM
Well said!
Fit is a fun N/A. Wanna go fast, save your money getting a Evo or WRX or any other cars.

Originally Posted by triggerzer0
are you guys forgetting that for a turbo kit to be reliable, you would have to put an entire new bottom end in that motor? new pistons, rods, balancing and blueprinting would be a good idea. I wouldnt even think about turboing a honda engine, much less one with 10.4:1 compression stock.

either that or you'd be forced to run with 4-7 lbs of boost tops, on stock internals, which is so little boost that you wouldnt really get much bang for the buck. You could probably spend the same amount of money elsewhere and get a much larger increase in power, say... rebuild your bottom end, set it up for about 9:1 compression, and run nitrous instead.

Really, I think the whole turbo kit idea is just for those people that like the 'psst' sounds the blow off valve makes. If you really want a turbo car, buy a late model Mazdaspeed protege, or wait another year for the Mazdaspeed 3.

turboing hondas is one of the worst ideas I've heard in a long time, and it makes me want to cry every time I see some punk ricer with a turbo kit on their civic, running on stock internals. if Honda wanted to make turbo cars, they would. the botton line is that these high revving, high compression motors just arent designed to be turbocharged, they are too light weight to hold up to that kinda of abuse.

Old 06-15-2006, 11:16 AM
Fit/Jazz sold more than 400,000 units last year, worldwide. And Americans seem to be well heeled enough to be the dominate consumer market so I'm sure other HP tuner firms are preparing their offerings with $-signs in site.
The turbo may be an easier fit, than a supercharger. Time will tell.

Old 06-15-2006, 04:44 PM
I guess what i meant when i was saying that is that ~140-150 HP isn't that impressive for spending $3k+ in mods. Once again, coming from the WRX crowd where you could spend $600 on a chip and get like 30 HP easily. Our cars aren't meant for big power, so its hard for me to appreciate it.

Tre
I know 35-40 hp doesn't sound great, but other people on this thread said it best as our Fit isn't designed for power. but 35-40hp is a 32-37% increase over stock. If you could have a 35% increase over a 230hp stock motor and push 310hp for only $3k everone would be very happy to do it. Obviously you could put a nitrous kit in the Fit for less but I'm not a big nitrous fan.

Quick Reply: GReady's Email