General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Future Fit owner!

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2010, 11:37 PM
joz
Future Fit owner!

Hi everyone!

I plan to get a Fit this Saturday! It's a 2009 model! I have been lurking these forums to try and get a better understanding, but I wasn't able to find a couple questions that I have.. I'm hoping some of you guys could help?

1) I test drove the fit and a couple lights came on the dash.. 1 was a green one that looked like it had something to do with the headlights? Fog lights, maybe? The car salesman didn't know what it was himself.. lol :\ I tried to google it but I couldn't find any answers!

And another light came on that had an exclamation mark "!" with these lines coming out of it. The color of this light was yellow. I did some searching and I read it has to do with tire pressure. Is this true? And what does it mean for the fit? Are the tires leaking air? Should I ask them to replace that before they sell me the car?

2) I read that the Sport model has 4 cargo area tie down anchors but I couldn't find them. Maybe I just overlooked them. Does anyone maybe have a photo to show me? This is used to tie down the net?

3) What are the best tires to use, or which do you recommend? On my old car (Nissan 240sx) I usually used Falken tires (on the front) and some junky ones on the back, unless I could afford cheaper falkens for the back too.. I'm fairly clueless about other brands, esp. for the Fit. Any suggestions, please?

And lastly... the dealer is asking for $14,980. Do you guys think it's a good price? I thought the price was really low, it only has ~13k miles on it.. It seems fishy to me, but I don't know either. This will be my first time buying from a dealership and first time financing

I'm really excited to own this!! I've driven only Nissan 240's so it will be a fun change to switch to fwd! I was always so scared I would crash in the rain in my 240. lol ;3;

Thanks all and I greatly appreciate any help!

Last edited by joz; 11-09-2010 at 11:39 PM.
Old 11-10-2010, 12:32 AM
5 Year Member
the TPMS sensor looks kinds like:

( ! ) or (_!_) <--- someone's big butt?

It means low pressure. It could mean its leaking too much air. It could mean that it WAS properly deflated, but the sudden cold makes it like it's low (when it gets colder, you need to add air). Just have them make sure its in working order.

The fog lamp indicator has a "D" with three lines that point downwards. There's the high beam that a blue "D" with lines that point straight (and is dimly lit if DRLs are going). Then there's one that has two "D"s (back to back) and three lines on each side... that comes on the moment you turn on the secondary lights (ie, parking and tail lights).

This is a pic taken from Honda's site for the 2010 model*. two of the hooks are on the back wall on either side of the hatch.

The other two are on the floor at just about the "front" part of the wheel well. Look at the seatbelt buckle and then look a little bit to the inside. These come with the car for the Sport model, but need to be added for the Base. Now, I don't know if it was also true for 2009 models, maybe none had them?

That thing on the back of the folded down seats are for the LATCH system (hooks that go over and onto the back of the seat). I don't know how secure it would be for a cargo net.

As for tires, it depends on what you do. You should always put "better" tires in back. Maybe if you had done that in your 240, it might not be as scary. Falkens are not listed on TireRack's site (TR has a decent selection), so I don't know if their tires (or wheels) are up to par. I do remember hearing about them quite a bit in past years.

edit: i'm guessing, in terms of "performance" Falken would probably be more than the Fit needs. But maybe not so much in the gas mileage, tread life, or comfort?

Last edited by Goobers; 11-10-2010 at 12:37 AM.
Old 11-10-2010, 12:33 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by joz
Hi everyone!

I plan to get a Fit this Saturday! It's a 2009 model! I have been lurking these forums to try and get a better understanding, but I wasn't able to find a couple questions that I have.. I'm hoping some of you guys could help?

1) I test drove the fit and a couple lights came on the dash.. 1 was a green one that looked like it had something to do with the headlights? Fog lights, maybe? The car salesman didn't know what it was himself.. lol :\ I tried to google it but I couldn't find any answers!

And another light came on that had an exclamation mark "!" with these lines coming out of it. The color of this light was yellow. I did some searching and I read it has to do with tire pressure. Is this true? And what does it mean for the fit? Are the tires leaking air? Should I ask them to replace that before they sell me the car?

2) I read that the Sport model has 4 cargo area tie down anchors but I couldn't find them. Maybe I just overlooked them. Does anyone maybe have a photo to show me? This is used to tie down the net?

3) What are the best tires to use, or which do you recommend? On my old car (Nissan 240sx) I usually used Falken tires (on the front) and some junky ones on the back, unless I could afford cheaper falkens for the back too.. I'm fairly clueless about other brands, esp. for the Fit. Any suggestions, please?

And lastly... the dealer is asking for $14,980. Do you guys think it's a good price? I thought the price was really low, it only has ~13k miles on it.. It seems fishy to me, but I don't know either. This will be my first time buying from a dealership and first time financing

I'm really excited to own this!! I've driven only Nissan 240's so it will be a fun change to switch to fwd! I was always so scared I would crash in the rain in my 240. lol ;3;

Thanks all and I greatly appreciate any help!

Not bad - $15, -13k is it otd price?
"!" maybe tpms...not sure
is it manual or auto? sport or base?
cant get that price here in las vegas !!!(sin city)
ask dealer for carfax of car usually they will give it to u..dealers cant sell salvage/lemon
another thing hassle them for free floor mats

Last edited by phenoyz; 11-10-2010 at 12:38 AM.
Old 11-10-2010, 03:45 PM
joz
Thanks for all the help!!

It's a 2009 sport with manual transmission. In black

The price is before tax and fees :/ in the trunk it had floor mats but they weren't the oem ones. They were just rubber looking kind.

Ohh The reason I used dinky tires in the back was because I was into drifting, and wouldn't waste nice tires but I'm out of that now!

Thanks again!!

Old 11-10-2010, 06:34 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by joz
Thanks for all the help!!

It's a 2009 sport with manual transmission. In black

The price is before tax and fees :/ in the trunk it had floor mats but they weren't the oem ones. They were just rubber looking kind.

Ohh The reason I used dinky tires in the back was because I was into drifting, and wouldn't waste nice tires but I'm out of that now!

Thanks again!!

MT/Sport !!!

Last edited by phenoyz; 11-11-2010 at 12:35 AM.
Old 11-10-2010, 10:49 PM
5 Year Member
Re: Tires:

I'm putting a set of Falken Ziex ZE 912's in 205/50-16 on my Fit Sport - I've had these tires on my last 3 cars, and they are great in all weather conditions. They're quieter too on the highway..

And yes, it's a different size than the standard tires on the Sport (185/55-16), but numerous people here on FitFreak have confirmed that there are no issues with going to this size. The diameter is the same, and there is no rubbing.

The standard size tires only come in 2 brands, while the 205's give you more choices. Discount Tire Direct has them for $81/tire...

Just my 2 cents - good luck with your Fit!