General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Fit Accessories

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2006, 09:27 AM
5 Year Member
Fit Accessories

Genuine Honda Fit accessories are very over priced if you buy them from the dealer. While buying the car they will offer the accessories at an exorbitant price and then include them in the sale of the car. That means that if you are financing the car you are paying interest on the accessories for several years.

Genuine Honda accessories are available on the web at reduced prices. For example the Honda salesman offered me the iPod connection for $595 US. I found the part on several web sites for $160. Additionally the web sites will recommend local shops that will install it for $80. Total $240. The floor mats from the salesman were $179. When I questioned the price he lowered them to $150. Honda's own web site quotes the floor mats at $124. I found them on the web for $78 plus shipping. The total was less than $90. Although I am not very handy, I think I am capable of installing floor mats.

Old 06-10-2006, 09:59 AM
Four Wheels Enthusiast
5 Year Member
you had an as****** of a salesman!

Last edited by claymore; 06-10-2006 at 10:02 AM.
Old 06-10-2006, 10:18 AM
really, mine didnt even offer cause he said that i could get them elsewhere for much cheaper.

Old 06-10-2006, 11:13 AM
Floor mats

When I took delivery of my Fit, the salesman sent me to the Parts Dept. I asked about floor mats. The Parts guy said unless you reallywant a Fit Logo on the mat, it would be much less expensive to get some aftermarket mats at any auto parts store. But if I really wanted the Logo mats, he would gladly sell me a set.

Old 06-10-2006, 12:27 PM
Originally Posted by eeeeeha
When I took delivery of my Fit, the salesman sent me to the Parts Dept. I asked about floor mats. The Parts guy said unless you reallywant a Fit Logo on the mat, it would be much less expensive to get some aftermarket mats at any auto parts store. But if I really wanted the Logo mats, he would gladly sell me a set.
My problem is that my mats that I bought at Target (I know, I know) slide all over the place.... I'm thinking about getting the Honda mats online because they have anchors...

To the earlier poster, it's not just slapping the Honda mats in.. you have to install little posts for anchor the mats... Not that you couldn't do it, but it's not like you can just slap them in..

Old 06-10-2006, 12:34 PM
Avid FitFreak Poster
My dealer didn't even offer any of the add ons... I was a bit pissed about that...

Old 06-10-2006, 03:17 PM
5 Year Member
I can't blame the salesman or the dealer for trying to make a buck. Other Honda dealers are adding an extra $1000 to the MSRP and trying to make an extra fifty dollars on floor mats seems petty. However, the Honda mats fit better, and have anchors. The Honda mats that I bought when my 2000 Accord Coupe was new are still in the car and still look great. The Honda brand ones are worth the price. That's the price online not the dealer price.

Old 06-11-2006, 01:53 AM
my dealer showed me a price sheet for all the accerories, remeber the mats being $109 before tax

Old 06-11-2006, 03:13 AM
Wink Good deal

i got a cargo cover, rear splash guards and all weather Fit mats for $200 CDN.

Old 06-11-2006, 09:44 AM
Someone that spends his life on FitFreak.net
I ordered a bunch of accessories from Erik at Bernardi. Pricing was far better than from my dealer.

Old 06-11-2006, 09:52 AM
5 Year Member
At the time, I ordered the car, I was told by my salesman that they had not received any accessories. April in PA.

Old 06-11-2006, 09:57 AM
Originally Posted by b17gsr
I ordered a bunch of accessories from Erik at Bernardi. Pricing was far better than from my dealer.
Makes note to self about Bernardi... thanks!

Old 06-11-2006, 10:01 AM
Someone that spends his life on FitFreak.net
Just have a look in the Marketplace Forums. Lots of great vendors to choose from.

Old 06-11-2006, 10:22 AM
I got a set of the all weather mats from College Hills Honda. I always had a problem with drop-in mats sliding up under my footpedals, so a set of hooks that keeps them in place sounds more appealing. I have yet to install them, but it looks really easy. The tabs in the carpet where the hooks go in are marked for you.

My next purchase will be for a cargo mat to cover the trunk floor. I've already had to throw a dirty tire back there (got a flat within a month of buying it) and I cringed so badly when I did.

After that, it's time for some tint for the windows.

Old 06-11-2006, 11:49 AM
Originally Posted by conchewski
At the time, I ordered the car, I was told by my salesman that they had not received any accessories. April in PA.
If they didn't get any accessory before the cars, then their parts managere is a douche bag, we had ours ordered back in january, and we started to get them at teh end of march and the beginning of April.

One thing you have to remember is that when you go to a dealer to buy a car and they give you a price on the accessories, that they are also giving it to you with a installed price, some dealers will just charge list, but others will charge you a wholesale price ( which we call the sale's department price), which is a better deal, nut will still include labor to install.

One reason the floormats cost so much to be install, sorry rather 2 reason why they cost so much to bne installed is that the brackets to hold them inplace need to be installed and also you have to cut the floor mats to fit the floor pan.

My only complaint about the floor mats are that they are made of poly-propolene (excuse the not knowing how to spell that word), which is a very cheap material, so they feel as though they are going to wear fast, my suggestion is to also get a set of all season mats, and use teh drivers side on instead of the carpeted mat.

Old 06-11-2006, 01:07 PM
Originally Posted by Tomh
One reason the floormats cost so much to be install, sorry rather 2 reason why they cost so much to bne installed is that the brackets to hold them inplace need to be installed and also you have to cut the floor mats to fit the floor pan.
It's really not that hard. I did it.

Old 06-11-2006, 01:24 PM
A good amortization calculator if your best friend. If you get $500 in accessories included in the price of the car, and you pay it off over 5 years with 8% interest, you will pay an extra $100 in interest. Save up and buy it separately if you can, otherwise, an extra $100 over 5 years probably won’t kill you.

This is my favorite amortization calculator. It will tell you all the good stuff that banks usually don’t like you to see, like how much extra in interest you will pay. If you check the show amortization schedule, it will show you how much of your monthly payments are going to pay interest and the principal. This is useful for car payments and mortgages.

http://ray.met.fsu.edu/cgi-bin/amortize

Old 06-11-2006, 02:26 PM
5 Year Member
I installed the floor mats this morning with minimal problems.

The carpet in the front seats has two flaps on the driver and passenger sides which must be cut out on three sides with a sharp pocket knife to form flaps which will cover the hooks. I then used the pocket knife to cut out the rectangles of insulation under the carpet. You have to cut down through the grey rubber cover and the under lying foam insulation all the way to the metal. Then the hooks easily slip into a rectangular holes and lock into place.

The rear mats fit perfectly in the foot wells going from under the front seats to the front of rear seats and really don't need the hooks to stay in place. They don't have to be cut to fit they are the exact size.

Old 06-11-2006, 03:26 PM
Originally Posted by annie
It's really not that hard. I did it.
i never said it was hard, just why they charge so much for it.

Old 06-11-2006, 08:37 PM
Someone that Posts too much
Originally Posted by dougiepants
My dealer didn't even offer any of the add ons... I was a bit pissed about that...

I know.... ten.

Quick Reply: Fit Accessories