General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

A few new Fit Q's

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2010, 11:23 AM
A few new Fit Q's

I'm negotiating on a Fit today, but wondering a few things about owning one. If anyone has any insight, I would really appreciate it.

First, the Navi system looks like a thief magnet. Is it something to be concerned about? We want the stability assist, so we have to get the Navi. Is it easily replaceable with something else if it does get boosted?

Second, I looked underneath the car (for just a moment, in the rain) and saw what I guess was the transmission, totally exposed, only a few inches off the ground. Has anyone had trouble with debris getting kicked up into the guts of the car? Is there some kind of a guard that I can put on?

Hopefully we can get the price we're looking for and find someone to give us the extended warranty for a reasonable price. Wish me luck! Hope to be participating here as an owner in the next couple of days!

TheSchmett

Old 07-16-2010, 02:27 AM
5 Year Member
The Nav unit is replaceable with an aftermarket unit. I don't have it but I keep reading that it's essentially an outdated unit from years past. So if it did get jacked, what's the major loss?

The only problem I've had at all with the ground clearance was just yesterday when some dumbass truck driver put two sets of stacked 2x4's on either side of his water hose to protect it from traffic. I was going just barely fast enough to actually get over these makeshift ramps, yet the front end still slammed down on them. It didn't harm anything underneath, but it was a solid whack.

A number of people complain about the ground clearance, but I haven't found any issues other than the incident last night that was unavoidable. It's not a Subaru, but it's not unreasonable.

Good luck on your purchase! I hope you enjoy having a Fit.

Old 07-16-2010, 07:44 AM
5 Year Member
Hmm no experance with the navi. But i would say its a overpriced option in my book. I would just deal on a regular sport and buy a small GPS. Only once in a while do i scrap and its the lip but its on steep driveways

Old 07-16-2010, 10:39 AM
5 Year Member
I have the Navi, and while it looks a bit old, it gets the job done. It does have some anti-theft measures (like all OEM radios it has a security code), and I don't know why anybody would want to steal it...

I haven't had a problem scraping anything other than the front bumper, even after running off the road into a snow bank. I think there's a few other things that would get hit before the transmission.

Old 07-16-2010, 01:55 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
no issues scraping bottom here...

Old 07-19-2010, 02:07 AM
Love mine more each day & only had it 3 months. Very happy with my choice, excellent on gas. Love my 4 doors.