General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Botched window switch recall

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2010, 10:17 AM
5 Year Member
5 Year Member
Botched window switch recall

Anyone else had this problem?

I took my 07 Fit in for the power window switch recall. To get at the switch the switch panel was, apparently, cut away from the lower body of the driver's armrest. When I got the car back there were blade marks, and a gap of about 1/4" between the switch panel and the lower body. [Note to Honda" the object of the recall was to prevent moisture from reaching the switch. This won't help.]

I returned the car, a new armrest was put on (they said) and there is still a gap of about 1/8" between the switch panel and the armrest.

i wonder how this recall was supposed to have been done, and whether this butcher work was the fault of the dealer or Honda itself.

Old 07-09-2010, 10:57 AM
Keep taking it back until you are satisfied. The way the armrest panel comes off it can either be very simple or a huge pain in the dick depending on how well parts fit from the factory.

Plain and simple if you take your car in for service it should never come back worse off than when it went in. Your car should always come back from service in better shape than when you took it in. Make them aware that you wont stand down until your car is how it needs to be.

Old 07-09-2010, 12:25 PM
Cat
Someone that spends HER life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
Sorry to hear this - I had mine done on the 2007 MR and I even have carbon fiber inserts on the arm rest which were not even touched. They did an awesome job and you can't even tell that anything was done. They also did the recall job while the car was there for it's 15,000 mile check up and I did not even ask them to do it because I had never gotten my recall letter. They found out the car was included and just went ahead and took care of it. Lester Raines Honda in South Charleston - those guys go out of their way to do it right!

Cat :x

Old 07-09-2010, 05:07 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
if i was to take my car in (havent done it yet) i would take it in with the panels partially removed. they can figure it out from there.

Old 07-10-2010, 10:28 AM
5 Year Member
I haven't taken mine in yet, but judging from the fact that there were greasy hand prints on the roof after they fixed the plastic latch that folds the rear driver side seat down, I'll be going over my Fit with a fine-toothed comb before I drive away from the lot.

Old 07-11-2010, 08:50 PM
Rad
i tried to take my fit in as soon as i heard about the recall, they turned me away because i "didnt get a letter yet" ive still yet to take my fit in (and the letter is now still sitting somewhere in my house). No problems at all (yet).

Old 07-17-2010, 07:26 AM
5 Year Member
5 Year Member
A child died - replace it yourself?

Any dealer who refuses to do this recall should be reported to Honda and to the NHTSA. According to Reuters,

Honda Motor recalled 646,000 of its Fit, Jazz and City automobiles globally because of a faulty window switch after a child died when fire broke out in a car last year.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/01/30/bu...l/30honda.html

Old 07-26-2010, 05:34 PM
5 Year Member
so i'm not the only one who had there car butchered during the recall. I drove away after the work was done only to realize that one of the clips had been broken and the armrest no longer had a tight seem. Not to mention the screwdriver marks in the seem. I went back and they didn't even apologize. They said we'll go ahead and order the part and call you when it comes in. Guess what telephone call I didn't get. A month and a half later I called them and they had no idea what I was even talking about. They did overnight the part but now I'm not even sure I want these dicks touching my car. Thanks Brookdale Honda.

Old 12-27-2013, 11:46 PM
Honda is incompetent

I own an 2007 Fit sport, I had the switch replaced not even an year ago, guess what. It failed yesterday, the recall is that circuit board corrodes, the replacement switch did exactly that, now u would think Honda would have made it a sealed unit to fix the recall. But nope they leave us to deal wit the same crap again. You would think Honda dealers would notice the fix isn't fixing shit.

Old 12-27-2013, 11:56 PM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by David Seaton
I own an 2007 Fit sport, I had the switch replaced not even an year ago, guess what. It failed yesterday, the recall is that circuit board corrodes, the replacement switch did exactly that, now u would think Honda would have made it a sealed unit to fix the recall. But nope they leave us to deal wit the same crap again. You would think Honda dealers would notice the fix isn't fixing shit.
You do realize that this campaign is still open and that they are installing new updated switches that have a new seal not a skirt like the previous fix.

Old 12-28-2013, 12:40 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by David Seaton
Originally Posted by painterguy
You do realize that this campaign is still open and that they are installing new updated switches that have a new seal not a skirt like the previous fix.
^^ Cosign with what painterguy said. I don't know how you missed the most recent thread(s) on the forum or notifications/letters from Honda regarding the current Power Window Master Switch recall since the re-inspection has been in affect since at least late July/early August and the part replacement came into affect in October...

Plus you brought up a thread that's been dead for the 3 years.

Old 12-28-2013, 12:04 PM
5 Year Member
window switch

It would seem that Honda wants very badly to get this recall performed. I already have my second letter in Dec saying their parts are ready and to book a time to come see them. I am worried that they will break more then they will fix.

Old 09-01-2014, 10:26 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Lance
It would seem that Honda wants very badly to get this recall performed. I already have my second letter in Dec saying their parts are ready and to book a time to come see them. I am worried that they will break more then they will fix.
Well the recall was performed check out my repost.
https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/1st-...all-issue.html