General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Armrest options for Base Model Honda Fit

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2010, 08:15 AM
Armrest options for Base Model Honda Fit

I've been going through the forums now trying to find a clear answer and keep getting conflicting information and i think i figured out why. I've been aching for an armrest for my Base model Honda Fit and was under the impression that the OEM armrest would ONLY fit in the sport model due to the base model not having the proper part in the seats.
I think the confusion stems from what type of armrest people are talking about. I don't want the little armrest that screws into the seat. I want the bigger center armrest that can be used for storage. I have read a lot of people saying that it cant be done on the base model and a few people saying they did it themselves with no problem. I'm willing to spend the extra money on the OEM armrest (this one: 2010 Honda Fit - Accessory Detail - Official Honda Web site ) But I wanted confirmation that it will install on a Base Model.
I'm sure there is a clear answer on the site somewhere that I overlooked. I know multiple threads drive people crazy but I would appreciate any input. I even created my account just to get a clear answer (this is my first post).
Thanks in advance for reading and I'm looking forward to being part of the forum.

Old 06-29-2010, 12:41 PM
5 Year Member
Honda Fit Accessories - Genuine 2009-2010 Honda Fit Interior Accessories

Second item down.

Application: All 2009-2010 Fit
I have read a lot of people saying that it cant be done on the base model
I don't know where you read that. It attaches to the console, which is the same in all GE8 Fits.

Maybe you're confusing it with the Honda claim it's not compatible with manual transmission Fits. Honda just doesn't want the liability from someone claiming the armrest caused them to crash.

Old 06-29-2010, 01:12 PM
That's what I thought too. Thanks for confirming it. Thanks for the link also, I wasn't planning on buying through the link I gave, that was just to clear up what I was talking about. I think the people that are saying it can't be done are thinking of the smaller armrests that go into the drivers seat.
Thanks again!