General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

cracked my oil pan....

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2010, 12:24 AM
Unhappy cracked my oil pan....

no so stoked but i had it coming i suppose...

anyone else that has had this happen have any ideas on where i could find one cheap?

Old 06-04-2010, 12:29 AM
5 Year Member
That sucks man. I'm always paranoid about that happening to me... I've always wondered how I would know. Loud noise, *shit*, look under car -----> oil is dripping?

Old 06-04-2010, 12:31 AM
5 Year Member
Also to contribute. 2009 Honda Fit Engine Oil Pan: eBay Motors (item 290421785079 end time Jul-03-10 20:42:11 PDT)

Don't know if the GE and GD pans are the same, though.

Old 06-04-2010, 01:36 AM
i actually didnt go anywhere today because it was raining all day. but when i went to run across the street for some food i noticed something on my windshield under the wiper.
this was after my car had been on for a min or so and i got out to see what the note was and it said i hope you know your car is leaking oil. so i ran to shut it off and pushed it back and bam! oil oil oil oil....

thanks for the help with the link btw!

i took a look at rays week reeeeeecap photos and i guess im gonna have to weld a plate on it if mine is salvageable. ill post some pics up tomorrow, if i can.

Old 06-04-2010, 01:38 AM
5 Year Member
no problem. good luck getting it fixed. let us know how it goes

Old 06-04-2010, 01:45 AM
will do for sure man!

Old 06-04-2010, 01:50 AM
5 Year Member
atleast you didn't throw a rod or something to crack it.

Old 06-04-2010, 02:25 AM
dang that sucks man.

so you don't know how it happened?

Old 06-04-2010, 07:18 AM
Damn good luck.

Old 06-04-2010, 10:34 AM
Originally Posted by nugey1001
dang that sucks man.

so you don't know how it happened?
i drove down to the keys before the state of stance meet and on my way back towards my buds place in miami i thought id take a stroll down south beach.

wellllll they had some pretty rad road construction and like big ass metal plates covering holes an shit in the road. making it over the big metal plate things wasnt a big deal till this one had like a mini kicker going up it =[ i can only see 10-15 ft in front of me at night and by that time it was toooooo late. if i didnt have my seat belt on i prob would have smashed my face on my steering wheel.
i pulled over and sat for a little to see if oil was leaking, didnt notice anything but i guess i missed it. i also have gnarly speed bumps in the complex that i live in that i scrape over every time i leave and go. im thinking when i got home i hit it just right in the same spot and it just let it all out =[

thats really my best guess because i have not hit anything around town minus my bumps at home.

Old 06-04-2010, 04:26 PM
Originally Posted by markwalter
i drove down to the keys before the state of stance meet and on my way back towards my buds place in miami i thought id take a stroll down south beach.

wellllll they had some pretty rad road construction and like big ass metal plates covering holes an shit in the road. making it over the big metal plate things wasnt a big deal till this one had like a mini kicker going up it =[ i can only see 10-15 ft in front of me at night and by that time it was toooooo late. if i didnt have my seat belt on i prob would have smashed my face on my steering wheel.
i pulled over and sat for a little to see if oil was leaking, didnt notice anything but i guess i missed it. i also have gnarly speed bumps in the complex that i live in that i scrape over every time i leave and go. im thinking when i got home i hit it just right in the same spot and it just let it all out =[

thats really my best guess because i have not hit anything around town minus my bumps at home.
damn...well luckily, you were at home at the time it started leaking. If it was elsewhere, you probably have to tow it home, which would suck even more.
Keep us updated with the fixing of the car.

Old 06-04-2010, 05:42 PM
Originally Posted by nugey1001
damn...well luckily, you were at home at the time it started leaking. If it was elsewhere, you probably have to tow it home, which would suck even more.
Keep us updated with the fixing of the car.
that would have been terrible...

but we just got the pan off! pics after we decide on what the hell we are gonna do.

Old 06-04-2010, 05:57 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by markwalter
no so stoked but i had it coming i suppose...

anyone else that has had this happen have any ideas on where i could find one cheap?

Had it happen to me too. Just go to a place that can weld aluminum and they can fix her right up. Cost 25 bucks at my local place.

Old 06-05-2010, 03:09 PM
5 Year Member
any update????? i cracked mine too. im stuck now

Old 06-05-2010, 03:28 PM
Originally Posted by solbrothers

I'm actually putting her back together now!!! Got it welded and steel sealed, sooo hopefully she holds! I'm gonna get it plated here sometime, but no more south beach for me. I should have the photos up later, sorry they are gonna be all iPhone pics but it's the best I could do at the time.

Old 06-05-2010, 03:30 PM
Originally Posted by solbrothers

How did you do it?

Old 06-05-2010, 03:53 PM
5 Year Member
dang man sorry to hear the news, I always wondered if you were lower than me or not lol guess that answers my question. When you get your pan fixed check it before you leave the place. Cuz I was gonna use one of rays old pans and had it fixed, and it still leaked.

Old 06-05-2010, 04:03 PM
You might still be lower, I just got super unlucky.

My buddy actually owns the shop I'm at soooo it's just sitting on the lift chilln for now. Gonna let it sit and see if all the seals an shit are good before I drive off.

Old 06-05-2010, 04:07 PM
5 Year Member
oh ok well least you know the guy, def. let the seals cure. I didnt and mine has a small leak now haha

Old 06-05-2010, 04:28 PM
Originally Posted by L-Bear
oh ok well least you know the guy, def. let the seals cure. I didnt and mine has a small leak now haha
thansk for the heads up

Quick Reply: cracked my oil pan....