General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

I want....

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2006, 10:47 AM
I want....

Hello.
I wana see the Fit / Jazz have the same engine as the Honda Civic Type R

I think that engine in the Fit / Jazz would turn the car into a wasp instead of a bee if u catch my drift.

The sheer power on the Type R engine would simply put the Fit / Jazz in a class of its own, especially with all the after market parts available for the Type R engine. Also the Fit / Jazz is owned by a young generation of people like myself, so of course the more power in a little car like that would make the adrenalin lines flow quite smoothly.

I have a feeling that that car with the Type R engine would sell like hot cakes.

Old 05-28-2006, 11:18 PM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
yes it would but the motor would be so common that no one would want it anymore...

Old 05-28-2006, 11:32 PM
Originally Posted by xtreme
Hello.
I wana see the Fit / Jazz have the same engine as the Honda Civic Type R

I think that engine in the Fit / Jazz would turn the car into a wasp instead of a bee if u catch my drift.

The sheer power on the Type R engine would simply put the Fit / Jazz in a class of its own, especially with all the after market parts available for the Type R engine. Also the Fit / Jazz is owned by a young generation of people like myself, so of course the more power in a little car like that would make the adrenalin lines flow quite smoothly.

I have a feeling that that car with the Type R engine would sell like hot cakes.
Not sure if you have seen the pink Fit on these forums from the Philipines but he has a K20 that is available here in the new Civic Coupe Si. I agree that 197hp compared to 109hp is a huge increase for a car that weighs just shy of 2500 lbs but if you see how tight of a fit(No pun intended) that motor is in the Fit's engine bay, it makes even the most routine maintenance practically impossible.

He also had to seriously modify the front subframe and fabricate alot of his own parts to make that swap work. I dont think a swap is the solution because of the fact that the Fit's engine bay is very small to accomodate a bigger motor. Here is how I see it if you wanna make more power out of a Fit. You have the option of buying every bolt on available for the L15A current Fit motor, it should be good for about 15 to 20whp. There are also a few forced induction kits out for the Fit in Japan providing about 35whp but at a cost of about $3000 to $3500. The last option is waiting for the next generation Fit that should release in Japan within the next year or two since the DBA-GD3, the current Fit is fairly old in Japan.

That new generation Fit motor I believe at the least will have 120 to 130hp, not a huge increase from the current Fit but with a car as light as the Fit, every hp counts. The bad thing with that option is that it will either be a brand new motor or a slightly modified version of a current Honda motor, maybe the new Civic motor so aftermarket parts will be scarce thats if there are any aftermarket parts period available for it.

Sorry for the long post, just thought id give you a good outlook on whats available currently for a Fit owner who has a interest in modifying there car.

Old 05-29-2006, 01:55 PM
cheers for the info. i know what your saying but still, if they sumhow came up with a new engine to fit into the engine capartment of the jazz it would kick ass. sum where around the 175bhp - 200bhp would be the best in my eyes and the best for the track considering how small the car is.

Old 05-29-2006, 11:11 PM
5 Year Member
How much would you expect something like you described to cost?

And you just cant add in a more powerful engine and call it a day. With increased power you need a better suspension, better brakes, tires, and so on.

Old 06-09-2006, 09:26 AM
Four Wheels Enthusiast
5 Year Member
Also, you would have a hard time keeping traction if you overpowered the car like that..

Old 06-09-2006, 10:38 AM
Master FitFreaker
yea fwd and traction r the bitch

Old 06-09-2006, 04:35 PM
and the fact you are defeating the whole point in the cars design anyway

Old 06-15-2006, 01:19 AM
I'd rather go the opposite route and take weight away where ever possible, and do minor tweaks to the engine, stuff like CAI, larger MAF sensor(if available) billet fuel rails, full exhuast, thinner head gasket(pick up a little more compression!) and maybe an MSD type spark kit.

while most of this may seem like minor mods(at least it does to me), with as little as the car weighs, it would give you a noticeable power increase, and you'd still maintain a good weight balance, and the car would be driveable. with a k20 or a turbo kit, you'd be getting too much power, and torque steer would come into play, making full throttle accelleration difficult.

[edit]: typos