General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Regarding Blaze Orange Metallic...

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2006, 06:54 AM
5 Year Member
Thanks Mazee! My dealer is estimating 6 to 8 weeks, but he says he'll give me a "birthdate" (his words, LOL), as soon as he can. Meanwhile, there is a lovely orange one sitting on their lot with plastic still over its wheels and that protecto hood gunk on it that I can gaze at lovingly/longingly (until she's picked up by her new owner)!

You still loving da bella BOM? No regrets?

Old 06-07-2006, 10:15 AM
Fit2B, I'm still loving her, though I can't say I love DRIVING her - yet. But it's only been two weeks, and I'm really only having a couple of problems, with first gear and reverse. And only then when it's really hot, I'm overtired and/or the traffic is bad.

So, for the time being I'm trying to only go out during the cooler, less congested times of day, while I'm still fresh and alert also.

I never did like driving in rush hour traffic, and avoided it like the plague!! So it's doubly nerve wracking for me now!

I still have hopes that one month will pretty much do the trick, and I hope to take a small trip to see my brother in time for my birthday in July.

I hope you get your bouncing baby sooner rather than later!

Old 06-07-2006, 02:45 PM
Originally Posted by Mazee
Fit2B, I'm still loving her, though I can't say I love DRIVING her - yet. But it's only been two weeks, and I'm really only having a couple of problems, with first gear and reverse. !
As far as getting it in reverse, I think that can be a problem with many MTs sometimes. It is usually easily corrected by taking your foot completely off the clutch, and then pessing down the clutch all the way to the floor again and try shifting into reverse again. Our truck is like that sometimes. Sorry, if that wasn't your problem, I just assumed it was getting it into the reverse gear. Sometimes that can be stubburn.

Old 06-07-2006, 03:43 PM
Blaze Orange Metallic Fit Sport

I did see an Orange Fit last week. The color is different and not exactly like anything else I've seen. It's a different shade than the Element and appears to have a bit more copper color in it. Most interesting is the color seems to change slightly depending on the light and how it hits the surface of the body. Can't wait for mine to arrive.

Old 06-07-2006, 05:27 PM
Originally Posted by Karyn
As far as getting it in reverse, I think that can be a problem with many MTs sometimes. It is usually easily corrected by taking your foot completely off the clutch, and then pessing down the clutch all the way to the floor again and try shifting into reverse again. Our truck is like that sometimes. Sorry, if that wasn't your problem, I just assumed it was getting it into the reverse gear. Sometimes that can be stubburn.
Karyn, it's actually just that I get nervous, I think, and either give it too much gas or too little, just like first gear. However, today I ran a bunch of errands in the heat and did very well, except for the initial back-out of my apartment parking lot. The only thing defeating me, I think, is occasional nerves. I just have to take a deep breath and relax, then I do fine.

Originally Posted by Duster161
I did see an Orange Fit last week. The color is different and not exactly like anything else I've seen. It's a different shade than the Element and appears to have a bit more copper color in it. Most interesting is the color seems to change slightly depending on the light and how it hits the surface of the body. Can't wait for mine to arrive.
You're so right! In bright sun it looks totally different than in overcast. I've had several people ask me all about the Fit, mostly men, and mostly in parking lots, lol, and they all seem to think the color is unique and interesting!

Old 06-08-2006, 07:54 AM
5 Year Member
It is a very popular color here in Central Ohio;I've seen 3 or 4 on the road in the last few days.Acouple of them sporting aftermarket wheels too

Old 06-09-2006, 05:20 PM
I think it's more of a 'dusty' orange color than the bright Element orange -
I call it burnt orange, but that's because I'm a Texas Longhorn!

Go 'Horns, Go!!!

Old 06-18-2006, 04:36 PM
5 Year Member
copper

copper is the color in bright daylight.

OK with a hint of orange !

Had mine since late april.

I'm happy.

Oh, get used to people rubber necking as they fly by you !

Old 06-18-2006, 05:54 PM
5 Year Member
Thanks seizure. I did manage to see one finally and I absolutely LOVE the colour. I've had mine on order, M/T, just since June 1. I hope I receive it before the snow flies! Well, at least she will be REALLY visible in snowstorms! I can't wait.

Old 06-18-2006, 08:04 PM
Mazee - congrats on learning to drive a manual! I'm teaching my boyfriend while I'm still driving junk so that when I get my Fit he'll be set.

I imagine it's scary at first (the car I learned to drive on was a manual, and my first car - an '89 Mazda 626 so I always had a licensed driver with me when learning a manual) but once you learn it, it's tons of fun!

Old 06-18-2006, 09:16 PM
It's defintely got a peach tint to it, especially in the shade. It looks awesome though. It's not very coppery or brassy. It's a great orange...more unique than any other orange out there. I would say it's much "softer" than the Nissan orange, not as brassy as the Pontiac orange, and not as ugly as the Chevy orange.... but that's just moi

It's very muted, soft, but in the sunlight it just shimmers. It's amazing