General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Question for original owners about TPMS sensors

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2010, 03:11 AM
5 Year Member
Question Question for original owners about TPMS sensors

I hope to get a Fit soon. I want to eventually get the Quick Set tool to swap TPMS sensor numbers in the computer for the seasons myself. (I intend to have both summer and winter {studded} sets of tires.) The tool requires that you already have the ESN numbers from each sensor to enter into the tool.

If I get a brand new fit, it will have to have gone through the Pre-Delivery Inspection. I was thinking of making a term-of-sale that the dealership provide my with the ESN's of the factory-installed TPMS sensors. Does anyone know if the sensor numbers are documented, or would the dealership have to remove the tires to get the sensor numbers?

Revolution Supply Co. - ATEQ TPM Quicket Device

Old 04-09-2010, 11:17 AM
5 Year Member
I don't have the device, but based on reviews I read, it should be able to read the ESNs that are already programmed into the car. See for example:
DIY TPMS Programming - Tool to Program your Own TPMS Sensors - Toyota Scion Honda - Toyota Forums :: Toyota Nation
Drive Accord Honda Forums - View Single Post - tpms reset tool . . .

You do need the ESNs from one set of wheels though -- but it'd probably be easier to get them from your winter tires, since you haven't bought those yet I assume .

In any case, the ESNs aren't documented anywhere I can see. I think Honda has a tool that allows them to query the sensors directly to get the ESN, but I'm not 100% positive on that...

EDIT: The user manual for the ATEQ Quickset tool (http://www.tpmssource.com/TPM%20QUIC...s%20Manual.pdf) indicates that it can read TPMS info from the ECU for initialization (see page 16):
"Select Summer mode or Winter mode
to save the TPM sensor data retrieved
from the vehicle ECU"

Last edited by clicq; 04-10-2010 at 03:37 PM.