General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

cancelled order for the Fit

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2006, 08:52 AM
mav
cancelled order for the Fit

So my wife ordered a Fit Sport AT in Blaze Orange to use as her daily driver. She doesn't like the Fit too much mainly because of its mini-minvan looks but she wanted a cheap car with storage space and that gets good gas mileage. Her other car is a 2005 Mini Cooper S.

We saw a new FJ Cruiser a couple of weekends ago on the street and she liked. We went to the Toyota dealer last weekend and after a test drive, she fell in love. So after some discussion she decided to keep her Mini and order a new 2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser in Voodoo Blue as her second car instead of the Fit. The FJ fits her needs for a new car, except the good gas mileage part but at 17/21, its not that bad for a SUV and no worse than my S2000. I guess 2 out of 3 isn't bad.

It will be here in a couple of weeks.

So we went back to the Honda dealer to cancel our order and get back our $500 deposit. They allowed us to cancel the order but refused to refund our deposit stating that it is non-refundable even though our signed buyer's order stated otherwise. I guess they were angry that we cancelled since we made them bend over backwards to give us invoice on the car. I eventually had to talk to the sales manager and threaten to dispute the charge on my AMEX before he finally agreed to refund my deposit back.

On a final note, I just got a call from my Audi dealer and my new 2007 Audi RS4 is due to arrive and be delivered tomorrow, a week ahead of schedule. So it looks like I will be spending the entire night putting my M3 back to stock so it can be traded in tomorrow. I can't wait to see my new 420HP V8 toy! I have 19" BBS LM wheels sitting in my garage ready to be put on it as soon as I take it home.

Old 05-23-2006, 09:59 AM
too bad you didn't get the fit, now you're still just a little bitch...

Old 05-23-2006, 10:09 AM
Someone that spends his life on FitFreak.net
Yea too bad you didn't ge tthe fit. It actually has more trunk space than my mom's MPV van/suv's trunk.

Why mini's inferior: same horsepower, less weight but slower. Also consider itr gets worse mileage, and the interior has no volume for anything.

Old 05-23-2006, 10:49 AM
mav
Originally Posted by thatsmycall
too bad you didn't get the fit, now you're still just a little bitch...
Thats OK that you're angry. I'm glad we didn't get the Fit.

Originally Posted by Gordio
Why mini's inferior: same horsepower, less weight but slower. Also consider itr gets worse mileage, and the interior has no volume for anything.
Wrong, wrong and wrong.

Honda Fit - 109 HP
Mini Cooper S - 168HP
The Mini clearly has more horsepower.

Honda Fit - 2,551 lbs
Mini Cooper S - 2,678 lbs
The Mini weighs a little more.

Honda Fit - 9.3 sec 0-60, 17.1 sec 1/4 mile
Mini Cooper S - 7.0 sec 0-60, 15.5 sec 1/4 mile
The Mini is faster, much faster.

Worse milegae? True, but 25/32 isn't bad either. No interior volume? Obviously you haven't sat in a Mini. Despite its small size, it has a spacious interior.

Last edited by mav; 05-23-2006 at 10:57 AM.
Old 05-23-2006, 10:50 AM
5 Year Member
I doubt you will get 17 mpg in the city with the FJ.

And people dont buy Mini's for interior volume or practicality or speed.

Old 05-23-2006, 10:51 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by mav
Wrong, wrong and wrong.
The Mini Cooper S is also much more expensive.

I think Gordio was referring to the base Cooper, which has slightly more power but is heavier than Fit.

Old 05-23-2006, 11:05 AM
I sat in a Mini Cooper at an auto show. You must be talking about another car, because that thing was tiny on the inside. I like a small car, but it was way too crammed for me. It's true it's a cute looking car, but I can't see paying $22,000 base price (that's what the sticker price was at the auto show) for that car. You get so much more with the Fit.
Oh, and the MJ Cruiser is probably one of the ugliest looking things I've ever seen (IMO).

Last edited by switchbrdopr; 05-23-2006 at 07:43 PM.
Old 05-23-2006, 11:05 AM
eh, to each their own, happy motoring

ive been seeing a maroon fj cruiser...bad color for the car imho, but what are you gonna do...

back to driving the fit

VIVA LA FIT!

Old 05-23-2006, 11:07 AM
mav
Originally Posted by corey415
I think Gordio was referring to the base Cooper, which has slightly more power but is heavier than Fit.
Honda Fit - 109 HP
Mini Cooper - 115HP
Cooper > Fit

Honda Fit - 2,551 lbs
Mini Cooper - 2,524 lbs
Cooper > Fit

Mini Cooper - 8.3 sec 0-60, 16.6 sec 1/4 mile
Cooper > Fit

Originally Posted by switchbrdopr
You get so much more with the Fit.
You certainly do. For $15K you can't go wrong with the Fit. However neither of us were really too happy with the car, especially the looks. The quality is great, it drives decent but we just can't get past the mini-minivan design. Looks are subjective anyways and it just wasn't for us.

I'm not trying to compare the Mini against the Fit, we were always planning on keeping Mini as my wife's second car despite getting the Fit as her daily driver. Instead she got a totally different car in the FJ Cruiser.

Last edited by mav; 05-23-2006 at 11:14 AM.
Old 05-23-2006, 11:26 AM
5 Year Member
I too was in the market for a rav4/mini-ute. I was excited about the FJ to say the least! It is the 21 cu/ft behind the rear seats that is almost equal to the Element and the 35 mpg that put me in the Fit. That is about $1000 in gas savings over a (12k/mi) year. The Fit is the answer and opposite to the SUV.

Old 05-23-2006, 11:32 AM
5 Year Member
To each his own. I was also looking at a Mini S, Jeep Liberty and FJ Cruiser as my replacement for my beater Prelude. Mini is just too small, inside is cheap and toyish. FJ Cruiser is nice but wished it came in a 4 door. Looks funky too. I almost bought a Liberty but the stealership tried to con me so I walked out. The Jeep has poor gas economy also. Luckily I didn't buy it because the Fit is the perfect car for me. It can carry me and my gf and our 2 corgi's. Has great gas mileage, etc. The only thing I wish it had was 4WD or AWD.

Old 05-23-2006, 12:10 PM
Originally Posted by corey415
I doubt you will get 17 mpg in the city with the FJ.

And people dont buy Mini's for interior volume or practicality or speed.
Mini is wicked fast and fun but you got to pay$ to play. Passenger volume is good but cargo and Fuel economy doesn't compare to Fit.

Old 05-23-2006, 12:31 PM
5 Year Member
If I had too much money I'd get an Audi A3 2.0T DSG hatchback and chip it to 270HP... decent mpg if you keep your foot out of the turbo, screams if you put your foot down, and the small motor is light over the front end (compared to the VR6 option).

I had one on order last year, but I cancelled when I thought about all my VW problems... hope the RS4 hangs in there for you. The FJC shouldn't cause you any problems!

The Audi dealership was undoubtedly a more-professional experience than any Honda/VW/Toyota dealership I've visited. I said I need to cancel my A3... they asked if I was sure, and where to send the refund of the deposit check.

Old 05-23-2006, 12:35 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by mav
Honda Fit - 109 HP
Mini Cooper - 115HP
Cooper > Fit

Honda Fit - 2,551 lbs
Mini Cooper - 2,524 lbs
Cooper > Fit

Mini Cooper - 8.3 sec 0-60, 16.6 sec 1/4 mile
Cooper > Fit

You certainly do. For $15K you can't go wrong with the Fit. However neither of us were really too happy with the car, especially the looks. The quality is great, it drives decent but we just can't get past the mini-minivan design. Looks are subjective anyways and it just wasn't for us.

I'm not trying to compare the Mini against the Fit, we were always planning on keeping Mini as my wife's second car despite getting the Fit as her daily driver. Instead she got a totally different car in the FJ Cruiser.
Where are you getting these performance specs for the Fit? The Fit is actually TIED with the Cooper 0-60(8.3 for both...check the Fit Freak homepage).
And while the Cooper starts at $18,000 you won't find one around that price anywhere. Fit Sport can be had for UNDER $18K OTD.
The FIT has WAY more cargo and interior space...have you even tried to sit in the back seat of the cooper? HAHAHA please...
The Fit would have been a WAY smarter choice but to each his own. I've been heavily researching cars since I sold my daily mode of transportation (Toyota Tundra V8 Limited) back in March...I've looked over everything avaliable and the Fit seems like the most intelligent option out there right now. Cheap, Great Mileage, tons of space, great safety features!! ...and all in a relatively sporty package.
Best of luck

Last edited by GoFits; 05-23-2006 at 12:38 PM.
Old 05-23-2006, 12:36 PM
Master FitFreaker
I really like that toyota man

Old 05-23-2006, 12:42 PM
Well, to each his own. Sounds like it was a change in class of car, rather than just preferring another car in the class to the Fit.

And if you've already got a mini, getting something in a different class makes sense to me.

Good luck to you.

Old 05-23-2006, 12:46 PM
The FJ fits her needs for a new car,

The FJ meets her needs? .......and you were looking at the Fit??? Was she planning on taking the Fit off the road. If she is just using the FJ as an around town car, the FJ seems like an odd choice.

My guy was looking at the FJ, It's the only other vehicle I know anything about. When I told him were not getting the FJ! I heard something about "but, it can go up the Rubicon trail." I said "How often do we go up the Rubicon trail?" whatever that is.

It seems nice, but I think the Fit may actually have more cargo room than the FJ.

Anyway, enjoy your new FJ.

Old 05-23-2006, 12:46 PM
5 Year Member
My only question is how does a ~$31,000 (sticker at nearby dealer) car qualify as a cheap second car? Sounds like you got 1 out of 3 to me.

Old 05-23-2006, 12:53 PM
mav
Originally Posted by GoFits
Where are you getting these performance specs for the Fit?
From Edmunds.com and MSN Autos.

http://www.edmunds.com/apps/vdpconta...0/pageNumber=1

http://autos.msn.com/research/vip/Sp...=Fit&trimid=-1

Originally Posted by Karyn
The FJ meets her needs? .......and you were looking at the Fit??? Was she planning on taking the Fit off the road. If she is just using the FJ as an around town car, the FJ seems like an odd choice.
Like I said before, she never was 100% in love with the Fit. We're just planning to get it, stay with it for 6 months to a year and replace it with something else she likes. My wife is very picky when it comes to cars. She only likes a few out there. She loves the Mini, Lotus Elise and now the Toyota FJ. Its more about what she likes then anything else. And no she doesn't plan to off road it but I do.

Originally Posted by Chikubi
My only question is how does a ~$31,000 (sticker at nearby dealer) car qualify as a cheap second car? Sounds like you got 1 out of 3 to me.
Cheap is a relative term dependent on income. While you may see $31K as not cheap, some may disagree.

Last edited by mav; 05-23-2006 at 01:09 PM.
Old 05-23-2006, 01:05 PM
I don't think you get a mini for practicality. It's one of those cars that you have for fun. It's awesome IMHO.

Quick Reply: cancelled order for the Fit