General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

cancelled order for the Fit

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2006, 02:53 PM
5 Year Member
So a Toyota FJ Cruiser pulled up beside me at a stoplight, and and driver started up some chit-chat... we exchanged compliments, and he fired off 6 or 7 questions quickly, the last one being, "So you get over 30 to the gallon or what?"

"Yeah, 35 to 37 if I don't drive like a maniac." I could just see the pain in his darting eyes as he shook his head...

Old 05-26-2006, 03:32 PM
5 Year Member
I see a trade in for a Fit in the near future for that FJ owner.

Old 05-26-2006, 04:25 PM
5 Year Member
Why are people on here getting all feelings because he decided not to get the Fit? Who cares what cars he gets? You all still have your Fit. And he is happy with his new car. You guys are acting as if he killed your mom with a Mini Cooper or something.

The Fit is not the end-all of automobiles, folks. Get over it. Stop acting like children.

Old 05-26-2006, 04:25 PM
5 Year Member
He went into the Great Mall parking lot for some serious shopping I guess! That, or to get drunk over lunch at Dave'n'Busters on a Friday afternoon preceding a 3-day weekend. Now why didn't I think of that lunch idea earlier...

Old 05-26-2006, 04:36 PM
All European cars are unreliable according to Consumer Reports. The Mini to me is FUGLY. Sure, if you get the Cooper S with 160 hp, it will smoke a Fit with 109 hP, surprise surprise! But the Fit will keep with it in corners any day of the week. I have had cars that would smoke anything you own, but I like my fit, why, because it is fun to drive, has great gas mileage and looks good. If I only cared about performance, I would have bought a performance car.

Old 05-26-2006, 05:05 PM
5 Year Member
I LIKE TO YELL ON THE INTARWEB!!!11!!ONE!11@@!

thats really all i wanted to say after reading the whole thread.

Old 05-27-2006, 10:07 PM
the mini does go pretty good...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IlvVPjkFpTI

Old 05-28-2006, 01:31 AM
I'm still trying to figure out the reason for this post. All I read was, "Look what I've got and what you don't."

What are you trying to compensate for? I am certain I am overstepping my bounderies, but who cares that you had to cancel your Fit order because your wife decided that she wanted a new FJ for her second car.

If you are really getting a "new 420HP V8 toy", of course I'd be jealous. Sure I'd like to think a 30K+ car is cheap, but I don't, at least not at this stage in my life. I'm just trying to understand why you seem to think anyone else cares.

Old 05-28-2006, 09:12 AM
mav
Originally Posted by hiroko12
All European cars are unreliable according to Consumer Reports.
Anyone who makes their automobile purchasing decision based on what Consumer Reports states is a moron.

The Mini to me is FUGLY.
To me, its one of the best looking small car designs in recent memory.

Sure, if you get the Cooper S with 160 hp, it will smoke a Fit with 109 hP, surprise surprise! But the Fit will keep with it in corners any day of the week.
Add this to the ever growing list of stupid comments made on this website.

I have had cars that would smoke anything you own, but I like my fit, why, because it is fun to drive, has great gas mileage and looks good. If I only cared about performance, I would have bought a performance car.
Oh wow, so are you saying that you traded in a Porsche 997 911 Carrera S, a BMW E60 M6/M6 or a Ferrari F430 for your Fit?

Last edited by mav; 05-28-2006 at 11:18 AM.
Old 05-28-2006, 09:15 AM
Someone that Posts too much
Originally Posted by mav
Oh wow, so are you saying that you traded in a Porsche 997 911 Carrera S, a BMW E60 M6/M6 or a Ferrari F430 for your Fit?
He didn't say he would trade a performance car for a Fit.. you should go back and actually read what he said before you turn on the flame thrower

I was in the same boat, could have bought much more HP but decided to with the Fit for the fun to drive factor

-joe

Old 05-28-2006, 11:06 AM
Originally Posted by mav
Anyone who makes their automobile purchasing decision based on what Consumer Reports saids is a moron.
What kind of word is saids?

Heal thyself!

Old 05-28-2006, 11:23 AM
mav
Originally Posted by Crab
I'm still trying to figure out the reason for this post. All I read was, "Look what I've got and what you don't."

What are you trying to compensate for? I am certain I am overstepping my bounderies, but who cares that you had to cancel your Fit order because your wife decided that she wanted a new FJ for her second car.

If you are really getting a "new 420HP V8 toy", of course I'd be jealous. Sure I'd like to think a 30K+ car is cheap, but I don't, at least not at this stage in my life. I'm just trying to understand why you seem to think anyone else cares.
Apparently I was wrong to think this site would have some enthusiasm for other cars than the Fit. Many here are just Fit fanbois who think their mini-minivan is the greatest car on the face of the earth. While this belief can be certainly amusing, its also pathetic.

Old 05-28-2006, 11:31 AM
mav
Originally Posted by sillypuddy
He didn't say he would trade a performance car for a Fit.. you should go back and actually read what he said before you turn on the flame thrower

I was in the same boat, could have bought much more HP but decided to with the Fit for the fun to drive factor

-joe
I have had cars that would smoke anything you own, but I like my fit
Keywords... "have had".

Old 05-28-2006, 11:31 AM
mav
Originally Posted by DRum
What kind of word is saids?

Heal thyself!
I fixed it, happy now grammar/spelling police?

Old 05-28-2006, 12:05 PM
5 Year Member
I guess you don't understand that this is a forum for Fit 'freaks'. Of course we're going to be fans of the car. Is calling people fanbois some sort of flame? Never understood that from people posting about PS3 fanbois to AMD/Intel fanbois, or nvidia/ATI fanbois. Haha. Preferring one brand over another doesn't mean we are not enthusiasts. Like I posted before, did you think some of us would care that you canceled your order to buy an FJ? And even if we didn't care, what's wrong with us posting our opinions? And just because we may not agree doesn't make us haterz. Haha, that's another term that makes me laugh. If we disagree with something, it makes us haterz. Kids these days making up words. I've considered the Mini S and the FJ Cruiser for my next purchase. They didn't fit (pun intended) my needs. I wasn't even going to buy the Fit until I test drove one.

Originally Posted by mav
Apparently I was wrong to think this site would have some enthusiasm for other cars than the Fit. Many here are just Fit fanbois who think their mini-minivan is the greatest car on the face of the earth. While this belief can be certainly amusing, its also pathetic.

Old 05-28-2006, 12:55 PM
Someone that Posts too much
Mav i have nothing against your purchases, though i really don't understand how the FJcruiser fits your wife needs more than the Fit when you yourself have mentioned that she needs something practical and cheap. Of course then you go on saying that you bought it for fun, unless she goes off-roading, i don't see her having more fun in it than a Fit. I think if you simply just said that you/her liked it more, then that would have fine. Right now your tune keeps changing according to someone elses. And what others are trying also to point out is you can tell but don't have to brag i.e. $30,000 is cheap to your standards, and the way your original post comes off.

Just trying to point things out and not trying to criticize.

Motor on!!

Old 05-28-2006, 01:47 PM
Can’t miss this chance for post 100! Very popular discussion. Wow you got something your nail, bad bug a boo bad.

>>Porsche 997 911 Carrera S, a BMW E60 M6/M6 or a Ferrari F430 for your Fit?

You had all these? Heehawed…….brah haha…hehe he....a Fit? what were you thinking?……

The FJ- I actually saw one on the road the other day, talk about looking better in the pictures. Hideously ugly, one of the biggest turds ever in the truck world. Perfectly cool tundra and Tacoma out there to do the same job.

Old 05-28-2006, 04:49 PM
Are you bucking for moderator?

>>With mav's collection of cars, he can buy 24 of your little Fits

And to think the humble Fit almost made it into the ‘collection.’

You drive an FJ too! The chicks must think your fruck is cute. Thanks for stopping by….

Old 05-28-2006, 04:49 PM
5 Year Member
Haha, you are kind of ignorant aren't you? Just because the Fit is an economy car doesn't mean we can't afford your cheap FJ. I doubt you can catch us in your FJ.

Originally Posted by pulgita
Talk about jealous hatred. LoL This is the crowd that the Fit attracts - lower income ignorant freeloading suckups. With mav's collection of cars, he can buy 24 of your little Fits.

And the Fit is one of the ugliest looking turds ever in the history of cars. And I'll run over your little Fits with my FJ.

Actually he has one of these on order.

Old 05-28-2006, 05:15 PM
>>And I'll run over your little Fits with my FJ.

I almost forgot, does the FJ come with an AUX jack? Because if not, then I would have to cross it off 'the list.' TIA

Quick Reply: cancelled order for the Fit