General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

cancelled order for the Fit

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2006, 11:35 PM
Someone that spends his life on FitFreak.net
Originally Posted by mav
Thats OK that you're angry. I'm glad we didn't get the Fit.

Wrong, wrong and wrong.

Honda Fit - 109 HP
Mini Cooper S - 168HP
The Mini clearly has more horsepower.

Honda Fit - 2,551 lbs
Mini Cooper S - 2,678 lbs
The Mini weighs a little more.

Honda Fit - 9.3 sec 0-60, 17.1 sec 1/4 mile
Mini Cooper S - 7.0 sec 0-60, 15.5 sec 1/4 mile
The Mini is faster, much faster.

Worse milegae? True, but 25/32 isn't bad either. No interior volume? Obviously you haven't sat in a Mini. Despite its small size, it has a spacious interior.
the chairs of the mini are almost against the rear window. and the numbers, i was thinking of the regular base one. i didn' tknow there was a "higher end" one w/ more hp.

and i don't know where you got 9.3 second for the fit. the fit is 8.6 ish.

Old 05-23-2006, 11:49 PM
5 Year Member
Worst post of the day. Cliff notes: They decide to cancel the order for the Fit to buy an FJ Cruiser. Then the drama in between.

Old 05-24-2006, 12:02 AM
^^lol, too funny.

Old 05-24-2006, 12:16 AM
Dude you are freaking rich MAN!!!

Old 05-24-2006, 01:01 AM
Rich people dont care about gas,maintenance,and the last but not the least INSURANCE,theres a big difference insuring a $ 22,000-$25000 car compare to$16,000-$18000 car.But in my opinion FIT is one of the best bang for your money compare to MINI,Oh i forgot to include theres a word called RELIABILITY unfortunately MINI doesnt have it,in 2003 MINI has transmission problems,Who cares? not you ,MAV,youre rich!!!

Old 05-24-2006, 01:16 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by boyetssilverfit
Rich people dont care about gas,maintenance,and the last but not the least INSURANCE,theres a big difference insuring a $ 22,000-$25000 car compare to$16,000-$18000 car.But in my opinion FIT is one of the best bang for your money compare to MINI,Oh i forgot to include theres a word called RELIABILITY unfortunately MINI doesnt have it,in 2003 MINI has transmission problems,Who cares? not you ,MAV,youre rich!!!
My MCS never had any problems, and I got rid of it at ~76k miles. Over 50k of those were modded. Way faster, looked better and handled better than my Fit. Fit is cheaper in price, insurance and in fuel costs. The Fit is bigger inside than the Mini, but the Mini wasn't small inside by any means; I carried around some pretty big stuff in there.

Old 05-24-2006, 04:00 AM
MAV, congrats on the FJ! That may very well be our second vehicle, too, if we decide to forego another Pilot. We need something in this size to haul our kids and their stuff. A minivan is out of the question cause the roads flood too much in Houston.

Couldn't wait for the next M3, eh? lol Hopefully, you won't have too much trouble with the RS4. But otherwise, congrats on another great ride!!!

Old 05-24-2006, 04:10 AM
funny enough the insurance on my fit his higher than my lexus which makes no sense to me, and yes the mini may not be as reliable, but they are damn fun to drive, i almost bought one except for the fact it reminds me of the old beetles, your head is right next to the window. my g/f said it makes her claustrofobic(sp??)

Old 05-24-2006, 06:00 AM

Old 05-24-2006, 06:53 AM
mav
Originally Posted by fshwcrs
BTW, is S2Ki down for you, mav?
I don't know whats more reliable, s2ki.com or GM?

Originally Posted by GoFit
MAV, mpg i'm getting with the S2000 is between 24-28, depending on how i drive, i just don't get how some owners are complaining about the S2K's gas mileage including you. My last fill-up was 26.7 mpg and that's with some spirited driving.
No really complaining, just wondering how other S2000 owners are getting high MPG in their S2000. I average about 19MPG. I don't go to 9,000 RPMs at every stoplight, but I do VTEC often. Either you're driving mostly highway miles or you're not having enough fun (not enough VTEC).

Originally Posted by thatsmycall
Makes about as much sense as buying an FJ over a Fit. Maybe you should start a poll.
Let me repeat again in simpler words for the literary challenged...

We purchased something that we are totally happy and satisfied with.

Now, why is that so hard to understand?

Originally Posted by FitCandB
MAV - What do you do for a living if you think 30k is cheap and you are buying all these cars. You live in miami so i am geussing Lawyer or Plastic Surgen?
I answered that above...

Originally Posted by mav
I own an internet consulting firm and invest in real estate. My better half is a physical therapist.
Originally Posted by thatsmycall
Actually, your the one who said it was logic, I was being prejudice, because this is the fit forum, not the stupid suv forum. The tone of the original post was inappropriate, maybe because of the pictures, maybe because this is $16k class.
Now you just sound jealous.

Originally Posted by FitCandB
kedepew or whatever it is, the Mini deffinetly doesnt look better than the fit. And i think there are plenty of cars better looking than the fit but deffiently not the mini
Looks and design is subjective. We can only agree to disagree.

Originally Posted by Gordio
and i don't know where you got 9.3 second for the fit. the fit is 8.6 ish.
Edmunds and MSN Autos. I whether believe two confirmed sources than any BS on this website.

Originally Posted by 07Fit00S2K
Worst post of the day. Cliff notes: They decide to cancel the order for the Fit to buy an FJ Cruiser. Then the drama in between.
Originally Posted by Mazee
^^lol, too funny.
I personally thought that the worst post of the day was the one about the 50 year old grandmother trying to drive stick. Sort of cool but amusing at the same time.

But in my opinion FIT is one of the best bang for your money compare to MINI,Oh i forgot to include theres a word called RELIABILITY unfortunately MINI doesnt have it,in 2003 MINI has transmission problems
In performance and fun factor, the Mini kills the Fit. The Mini, when it first came out had a few reliability issues, like all first year model cars. The first S2000's had transmission issues, the first M3's had engine issues, I can go on and on. Since then, its being worked out. Our 05 Mini Cooper S has been flawless.

Old 05-24-2006, 10:33 AM
I understand, you are happy with the FJ, the moderators are happy with their cars (?); I’m happy with my Fit. Good times.

Old 05-25-2006, 12:20 AM
I think it's always interesting to hear what people end up buying and why, especially when the people buying have been posting for a while.

Sorta completes the circle, ya know?

Old 05-25-2006, 01:02 AM
June 2007 1st Place Fit of the Month Winner
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by 07Fit00S2K
the only thing i could not understand why someone would buy a car they dont even like...a person that is unhappy with their not profitable...non investing car.

Old 05-25-2006, 01:10 AM
You must really be envious of Fit owners to go to such extremes, LOL.

Old 05-25-2006, 01:36 AM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
Originally Posted by Edwood
Haha! I'm rich, bi@tch!

Old 05-25-2006, 01:43 AM
congrats dude. Fit is cool but if she had a mini cooper, I see no need for one. The mini gets plenty good mileage and is a blast to drive. The RS4 sounds badass and I think the fJs are pretty sick as well.

Oh and all you people need to STFU. I hate when people think their car is the ultimate vehicle. We have a Fit, we like our fit. but it's NOT as fun as a mini-cooper S. It's not NEARLY as fast as a mini S. The Fit drives well and I "suppose" you could do 0-60 in 8.5 seconds if you roasted the crap out of the clutch and nailed the shifts flawlessly. The Fit is NOT a fast car. It's fun, handles well, but it's NOT fast. Stop smoking crack people and appreciate the car for what it is.

Last edited by jeebus; 05-25-2006 at 01:47 AM.
Old 05-25-2006, 02:34 AM
Thumbs up woah

Wowww this definately got pretty heated. All cars have their pros and cons. Honestly, when i started to read this post, I myself wondered why someone would come in a and talk about why the fit is so inferior compared to all these other cars. I say if the fit works for you and thats the car you wanna buy because you love it hey, get it. If you have the means to spend more to get something more luxurious, go for it. If I had some dolla's I would probably get a luxury car with some decent gas mileage (and perhaps a fit too so i can mod it up!).

Originally i was gonna get a vibe, then the civic ex or the fit and then came the mighty mazda 6. Its all about what you want and what you can afford. All in all, there are plenty of reviews as to why people don't buy cars. Thats why there are also comparison tools. This is a fit forum created for people who like them. If people wanna compare other cars thats ok, but geeze keep the info (good or bad) civil and constructive.

(I agree on a previous post talking about comparing the fit to that suv. Seriously what's the point?)

Anyways thats enough of my rambling. I need to get out more
ramble ramble ramble!

Old 05-25-2006, 08:51 AM
Someone that Posts too much
holy major coinage

-joe

Old 05-25-2006, 09:53 AM
Ask your wife,which one she prefer? a car that is fun to drive or a car that is reliable for everyday use,i have a posche 911 but its not reliable like my honda civic 1989(275,000 miles plus )its only a matter of choice man,just because its a MINI (made by BMW) it doesnt mean its better than FIT,In my opinion its how you drive your car and how you take care of your car,( e.gchange oil,tune-ups)

Old 05-25-2006, 10:59 AM
mav
Ask your wife,which one she prefer? a car that is fun to drive or a car that is reliable for everyday use,i have a posche 911 but its not reliable like my honda civic 1989(275,000 miles plus )its only a matter of choice man,just because its a MINI (made by BMW) it doesnt mean its better than FIT,In my opinion its how you drive your car and how you take care of your car,( e.gchange oil,tune-ups)
I don't understand why many of you think the Mini is unreliable. Most reviews have described the Mini as reliable. Our 05 Cooper S has had zero problems thus far. We perform all scheduled maintenance and change the oil every 3,000 miles. And if it ends up having problems, oh well. Our warranty covers us for 4 years / 50,000 miles so the problems will get fixed anyways for free up until that point and our BMW Service Center will provide us with a free Mini or BMW 3 Series loaner car. I have friends that also drive Mini's of various trims and model years and have experienced none to little problems. The only real issues that I know of affect the earlier models, which is quite normal for first year new model cars.

However to answer your original question, based on our automobile selection, our choice is clear. Lets have fun.

Quick Reply: cancelled order for the Fit