General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

cancelled order for the Fit

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2006, 06:11 PM
geeeez you must be rich!! minis, fjs, audis...

Old 05-23-2006, 06:27 PM
5 Year Member
I hope you really, really like the FJ - I have read (non-magazine) reviews from people who have been 4 wheeling a lot. Comments like very poor front, side and rear views (important when off-roading, lane-changing and parking,) funky rear doors access and tight rear seating, etc.

I don't expect to be taking my Fit off-road but I think it a much better street car for real life. (and most 4x4s rarely see anything except normal, paved roads.)

Old 05-23-2006, 06:45 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by thatsmycall
too bad you didn't get the fit, now you're still just a little bitch...
WOW. Awesome logic there, dumbass.

BTW, is S2Ki down for you, mav? Congrats on your FJ and the RS4. Be sure to post pics in the gallery on s2ki

Old 05-23-2006, 06:50 PM
Someone that Posts too much
I was looking at the FJcruiser too, but that 17/21 (probably much lower) mpg on premium is just hard to swallow. It also could be tiring for DD especially on bad traffic. It's beautiful though, always wanted one of the old model FJ40 landcruiser. I'll probably end-up getting an FJcruiser in about a year or so, unless VW suddenly announced Ecoracer or the TRIKE is a go.

MAV, mpg i'm getting with the S2000 is between 24-28, depending on how i drive, i just don't get how some owners are complaining about the S2K's gas mileage including you. My last fill-up was 26.7 mpg and that's with some spirited driving.

I also had a MINI cooper-S (03 Indy blue) too so no argument here. Anyway, enjoy the new babies!

Almost forgot, why in the hell?! Fit then FJcruiser? total opposite....

Old 05-23-2006, 07:18 PM
[quote=fshwcrs]WOW. Awesome logic there, dumbass.

Makes about as much sense as buying an FJ over a Fit. Maybe you should start a poll.

Old 05-23-2006, 07:20 PM
Originally Posted by FitCandB
LET ME SET THIS WHOLE DESPUTE OUT.

THE FIT IS A MUCH BETTER CAR THAN THAT TINY LITTLE MINI WHICH IS CRAMPED AS HELL AND LOOKS LIKE A LARGE VERSION OF A **WHICH IS A WASTE OF MONEY. (im not trying to insult anyone)

I dont even have a fit, but its much better than a mini.
Im just kidding about all that above, i was bored. Lol

People should buy what they want and like.

I either am going to get a Mazda6 like my Girlfriend or the Fit, more towards the fit tho.

Last edited by claymore; 06-05-2006 at 10:17 AM.
Old 05-23-2006, 07:23 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by FitCandB
Im just kidding about all that above, i was bored. Lol

People should buy what they want and like.

I either am going to get a Mazda6 like my Girlfriend or the Fit, more towards the fit tho.
Get the Mazdaspeed 6! Those things are sweet!

Old 05-23-2006, 07:25 PM
June 2007 1st Place Fit of the Month Winner
5 Year Member
Yo mav cant force anyone to buy the FiT...your wife made the choice and got what she wanted just i wouldnt understand someone driving something they dont like...i know i wouldnt...i am a car enthusiast and like the looks of the FiT, i came from rear wheel drive 240sx...not all us of here are 12 year olds saying that the FiT is the best car in the world...I speak for myself on this one that the FiT is my first brand new car...yep all i have had were used cars...well good luck with the FJ and atleast you wont hear your wife complain about the FiT when you get home from work

Old 05-23-2006, 07:27 PM
Originally Posted by dacalac
Get the Mazdaspeed 6! Those things are sweet!
Those things are wicked nice but so expensive. Im looking for something under 17-18k, and there have been alot of good deals on the mazda6.

MAV - What do you do for a living if you think 30k is cheap and you are buying all these cars. You live in miami so i am geussing Lawyer or Plastic Surgen?

Old 05-23-2006, 07:27 PM
5 Year Member
[quote=thatsmycall]
Originally Posted by fshwcrs
WOW. Awesome logic there, dumbass.

Makes about as much sense as buying an FJ over a Fit. Maybe you should start a poll.
Ummm, so basically what you're saying is that the Fit is the greatest car ever made and anyone that doesn't buy one is a bitch? I say you're a bitch, Fit or not .

Old 05-23-2006, 07:31 PM
The Cooper S (and the Cooper for that matter) are great little cars. They are completely different from the Fit. Not as reliable, cheap, or practical. But looks way better and, at least in the Cooper S case, handles and accelerates way better. For a "fun" car, the Cooper S would be way better.

The FJ doesn't really match your wife's desire for a "cheap car with storage space that gets good gas mileage." Storage space for sure, but it isn't cheap. I don't care how much you make, an FJ is not a cheap car and doesn't get good gas mileage. Your wife probably really liked the looks of the FJ, and since you can afford it, why not. Now she has a fun and sporty car (Mini) and a car which she can fit alot of stuff (FJ) which she really likes as well. Cost more, but she's probably happier than if she had a Fit. It's still surprising someone was considering the Fit and ended up with an FJ though. Totally different markets for those cars.

Old 05-23-2006, 07:35 PM
Someone that Posts too much
Why is everyone having a Fit?

FREAKS!!!!!!!!

Old 05-23-2006, 07:42 PM
5 Year Member
[quote=fshwcrs]

Ummm, so basically what you're saying is that the Fit is the greatest car ever made and anyone that doesn't buy one is a bitch? I say you're a bitch, Fit or not .
i'll cosign that one Bryan!

Old 05-23-2006, 07:55 PM
Wow, that's a lotta words over car choices....so I figure one more posting won't hurt....Here goes...

Ya, I must admit, the Fit is practical and all that but its quite homely. I won't go so far as to say that it's 'Ugly'. It's just such a generic looking car. I haven't driven one as the demos I've seen have been automatic and I'm only inyerested in the manual. I agree with MAV that the Mini has a lot of character but I've driven the Mini and I wasn't impressed with the ride quality or the interior(sorta plasticy - just my opinion - to each his/her own I always say).

I'm hoping that the Fit drives well but even so, I'm not so sure about its homely looks. I think its cool to be able to carry out large objects(relatively speaking) in a small package but....

I've recently found out that Suzuki is planning to bring the European/Japanese version of their Swift - not the rebadged DaeWoos that are available currently. I've seen pictures of it in one of these Forums and it looks very interesting. I've talked to a friend of mine overseas and she has mentioned that it is a very spacious car in a small car with a wide-ish track......

Having said all this, I don't know if I'm going to fall in love with the Fit the moment that I drive it down the road(quite interested about the apparently wide torque curver of this motor.....I'm thinking that it was a bit of an accident rather than by design) that really gives the motor flexibility....However, the Swift is a very interesting design with lots of character....stay tuned....

Old 05-23-2006, 08:16 PM
5 Year Member
I say you're a bitch, Fit or not

Actually, your the one who said it was logic, I was being prejudice, because this is the fit forum, not the stupid suv forum. The tone of the original post was inappropriate, maybe because of the pictures, maybe because this is $16k class.
Learn how to communicate intelligibly in English and then get back to me.

kthx.

Old 05-23-2006, 08:19 PM
5 Year Member
[quote=dacalac]
Originally Posted by fshwcrs

i'll cosign that one Bryan!

lol

Dirty mode, huh? I'm gonna have to start catching up with you. 5100 miles and I still haven't joined the club .

Old 05-23-2006, 08:23 PM
5 Year Member
[quote=fshwcrs]
Originally Posted by dacalac

lol

Dirty mode, huh? I'm gonna have to start catching up with you. 5100 miles and I still haven't joined the club .
awww common man 5100 miles?!!?!?

Old 05-23-2006, 08:25 PM
kedepew or whatever it is, the Mini deffinetly doesnt look better than the fit. And i think there are plenty of cars better looking than the fit but deffiently not the mini

Old 05-23-2006, 09:57 PM
Hey, I bought a big BBQ today in a huge box, popped it in the FIT no problem..filled up the tank for less then $20..took some badass turns on the way home..had a big smile on my face....how could you not be lovin the FIT. Let's all just enjoy our rides, peace!

Old 05-23-2006, 10:16 PM
Someone that spends his life on FitFreak.net
mav, congrats on having an income that allows you to afford such luxuries, and qualify a 31,000$ vehicle as inexpensive.

Time to start working for myself.

Quick Reply: cancelled order for the Fit