General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

New to the Forum

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2010, 01:51 AM
5 Year Member
Talking New to the Forum

Hi everyone, I hope to order my Blackberry Fit Sport tomorrow. My wife says that the Fit is for young people. Any Old Geezers out there running around in a Fit?

I'm an old in body young at heart writer living in beautiful Marana AZ (suburb of Tucson).

Sure glad I found you Fit Freaks. I look forward to sharing my pleasure with all of you.

Dryheat

Old 03-09-2010, 06:58 PM
5 Year Member
I'm young but think I am older than most here on the forum. I am 44 and got rid of my "old man's" 1988 Lincoln Towncar for the Fit. Love it!!!

Old 03-09-2010, 07:32 PM
Administrator
5 Year Member
Not so much the "old geezer" but I am closer to 40 than I would like

Welcome to the forums and post pictures when you bring it home

Old 03-09-2010, 07:42 PM
5 Year Member
Talking Welcome

Hea whatcha say?? sonny! I'm a brand new 50 and love the Fit. I got the chance to visit Tuson for a week back in 1974. The fist thing I noticed when we walked off the plan onto the runway was.....the "dryheat" I still remember it was like the heat from our oven. We still live by Va.Beach.

Welcome DryHeat to the 4um!! And Enjoy your Fit!!!
Best mod is the Electronic Throttle Controller!! For the Fit

And us ol' geezers still have a few old toys from back in the daze.

Last edited by Perrenoud Fit; 03-09-2010 at 07:50 PM.
Old 03-10-2010, 08:05 AM
5 Year Member
I'll turn 58 next month and I'm having a blast with the Fit ('09 Sport MT). Then again, I may not be typical, since I bought the car because it easily hauls my band equipment (I still play in a rock band).

Even though I live near a college town, most of the Fit drivers I see are older than me-lots of gray hair behind Fit steering wheels around here.

Growing old is inevitable. Growing up is optional.

Old 03-10-2010, 08:59 AM
im young 18 but i get lots of complements from elders at the gas station lol

Old 03-10-2010, 12:30 PM
You're kidding right? I live in a small town, not too many Fits around. But there are 4, count 'em four, on my street. I'm the youngest owner at 54 years young!

Old 03-11-2010, 07:50 AM
5 Year Member
I notice that a lot of senior citizens seem to like the Fit. Even my 89 year old father likes the car. If he were still able to drive, he might have bought one by now.

Old 03-11-2010, 08:40 AM
Originally Posted by Uncle Gary
I notice that a lot of senior citizens seem to like the Fit. Even my 89 year old father likes the car. If he were still able to drive, he might have bought one by now.
I switched from a 2003 Ford Ranger in sweet condition to a Fit partly because I need to start driving my mother and stepfather around and need 4 doors that are comfortable and easy to get into.

He's 93; she's 89 and still drives short trips around town -- her 2001 Civic has only 37,000 miles! They both love the Fit and agree that I made a great purchase.

My 50-year-old brother who drives a Passat saw my Fit last weekend and he's hooked. "I'm gonna get one of these." He commutes 150 miles RT, 3 days a week and that is a factor. That and my stereo.

I'm not a commuter, but I do love saving lots of money on gas. Sure I've got to pay for the Fit, but when that's done in 2 years I'm in the black.

Old 03-11-2010, 08:43 AM
P.S. My question would not be about the demographics of Fit buyers, but how come so few people at all seem to be aware of the Fit.
Here's the Fit sitting on top of pretty much all car reviews and lists of best cars in its class, and you have to explain to them that it's been around for several years. What's up with that?

Old 03-11-2010, 02:34 PM
5 Year Member
Talking Thanks for response

Well, i guess I have all of you kids beat. I'm 71 years old. Believe it or not I signed for my Fit yesterday - traded in an 08 ES350 Lexus.
Can't wait to get my red Fit tomorrow. One of the people that lives in our community recently traded a MB E350 for her Fit. Can't figure what makes some people happy.
Thanks to all of you for helping me to make up my mind.

Dryheat

Old 03-11-2010, 02:38 PM
Originally Posted by dryheat
Well, i guess I have all of you kids beat. I'm 71 years old. Believe it or not I signed for my Fit yesterday - traded in an 08 ES350 Lexus.
Can't wait to get my red Fit tomorrow. One of the people that lives in our community recently traded a MB E350 for her Fit. Can't figure what makes some people happy.

Dryheat
Maybe you came in second. I'm 75.

Old 03-11-2010, 05:53 PM
5 Year Member
Smile Young @ Heart

Originally Posted by whaap
You go Whaap! I feel great for you ... cruz'in around in your Fit. I know I feel like a younger adult (kid) haha when I am in the Fit

Last edited by Perrenoud Fit; 03-11-2010 at 06:12 PM.
Old 03-11-2010, 06:11 PM
5 Year Member
Thumbs up Good 4 U

Dryheat
The Fit is a great little car, not many frills but that's less to break down
Good MPG and Fun 2 drive.
Post some pictures of your Rambuntious Red Fit daddy'O

Old 03-12-2010, 09:28 AM
Originally Posted by Perrenoud Fit
You go Whaap! I feel great for you ... cruz'in around in your Fit. I know I feel like a younger adult (kid) haha when I am in the Fit
Yep, the Fit is a joy but I even feel younger driving my Miata.

Old 03-12-2010, 05:05 PM
5 Year Member
Got it

Drove my bright red Fit Sport home today. I can't believe how much power that little engine puts out. It's aamazing how much room there is in the garage with that big Lexus gone. Now I'll just have to hope that my wife's red RAV4 won't get jealous.

dryheat

Old 03-12-2010, 06:27 PM
Someone that spends HER life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member

Dryheat
I am going to rep you up as soon as you have enough posts! (rep points say you are worthy!) I think you might be the oldest freak on the board, and welcome to you!! This car just grabs some of us and who cares what your chrono age is? The BBP color alone is enough to bring back some fluidity to the step, isn't it???

I'm 53 and have met up with local Fit freaks, who are all a lot younger than I am. I'd be modding mine up like crazy if I were younger...don't want to look stupid...

It's a fun car to drive and it gets a lot of people quite happy! I still grin whenever I walk toward my car!!

Welcome to you!

Old 03-12-2010, 06:32 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by whaap
Wow, I thought the other guy was the elder! That is so cool, that you are on an enthusiast site - this car is just special and it doesn't matter how "old" you are.

I've seen some older folks that wave back at me, and some younger people who aren't enthusiasts and just look at me like I'm nuts! It's not age-specific when you appreciate a type of car!!!

Old 03-15-2010, 01:12 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by vittoret
P.S. My question would not be about the demographics of Fit buyers, but how come so few people at all seem to be aware of the Fit.
Here's the Fit sitting on top of pretty much all car reviews and lists of best cars in its class, and you have to explain to them that it's been around for several years. What's up with that?
I hear that. Maybe Honda should have called it the "What?". Every time somebody asks me what I drive, and I tell them, they always answer, "you drive a Honda what?"

Honda never seems to advertise the car at all. Dealers never seem to have any in stock anymore. Manual transmission cars are nearly impossible to find anywhere. I get the distinct feeling that Honda doesn't really care whether the Fit sells in the US or not. I suspect that Honda makes very little profit on the car in this market, and would much rather their dealers push Civics, Accords, CRVs, Odysseys, and other higher margin cars. My local Honda dealer said as much last week.

All in all, it wouldn't surprise me if Honda discontinued the car here rather than see it cannibalize sales of the Civic. C'mon, Honda, prove me wrong and show me you believe the Fit has a future in the US.

Last edited by Uncle Gary; 03-15-2010 at 01:23 PM.
Old 03-15-2010, 01:45 PM
5 Year Member
I'm not sure the two segments overlap that much. I would not have bought a Civic. The only reason I went for the Fit is that no Toyota matched my list of "musts," and the Fit was cheap enough to get past my first objection to any Honda, which is road noise. I still hate it that the Fit is such a noisy car, but it's a Honda, and for as little as I paid for it, I can get by that. But any other Honda is more expensive and I can't make it over the hump.

Quick Reply: New to the Forum