General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

So tired of "street racer" hondas...

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2010, 04:06 PM
09 blackfit...Yep. It improves the overall gene pool when they meet their demise.

Old 03-30-2010, 11:44 PM
Originally Posted by 09blackfit
Ever since I added the hook to the front

Why do you have a hook?

Old 03-31-2010, 01:08 AM
5 Year Member
^ i think he means a tow hook.

Old 03-31-2010, 09:19 AM
I'm sure its a 'tow' hook, but all cars have tow points in the front and rear. An external tow hook is a clear message to ricers. If you don't like rice, then don't uncle-ben-ize your car.

Old 03-31-2010, 03:21 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by fitsburgh_steelers
An external tow hook is a clear message to ricers.

what's the message? cuz i see trucks and other cars with them all the time down here...sure some obviously are for their RVs and such....

Old 03-31-2010, 03:39 PM
5 Year Member
There have always been kids that start out wanting to make their cars appear to be something they aren't with their interpretation of what is cool and high performance.... They usually grow out of it..... Most of them just don't have money or knowledge so just cut them some slack and if given the opportunity talk to them and point them in the right direction...... They are just doing the best they can with what they have to work with.

Old 03-31-2010, 09:17 PM
They usually grow out of it..... Most of them just don't have money or knowledge so just cut them some slack and if given the opportunity talk to them and point them in the right direction...... They are just doing the best they can with what they have to work with.
So true- that kids want to differentiate themselves, that's just basic human nature. One caveman rollin' with his 16" stones, of course in cave next door, Fred has to go and get 17" stones for his mugen-foot-powered internally-stock flintstonemobile.

I stand by my post, I think a highly visible red or blue "tow hook" protruding out of the front of a car is a clear message. Of what? I don't know exactly, but I would have thought it was obvious enough. If it smells like rice, tastes like rice.....

I liken it to the kids that wear new baseball hats, carefully preserving them as new as possible, leaving stickers on it, wearing it slightly sideways, and riding in cars trying to look like a badassmofo. I won't even comment on the ridiculous clothing taste. We've certainly come a long way. Am I showing my age or what?

But one thing I've learned- those kids usually are not interested in being pointed the right way- not that I've ever tried to go out of my way to do so. When I used to have a nice car that did draw some attention (I was careful, all my mods were in larger FMIC's, turbos, etc, not a lick of money went to appearance) But anyway, some of these kids would ask about my car, and I'd find that generally most were not aware of the difference between quick and fast, and even few really knew the difference between torque and horsepower, err, I mean MaD HoRsePowEr, yo! I quickly discovered any time talking to yokels like that was time I couldn't get back. Sort of like watching a really bad movie.

Last edited by fitsburgh_steelers; 03-31-2010 at 09:23 PM.
Old 03-31-2010, 09:38 PM
I have a tow hook but it's actually used to tow my car to and from the track. I don't think all hooks are rice. It's functional and required for RTA.

Old 03-31-2010, 10:05 PM
I recently retired as a high school teacher, and I can attest to my experience that most of the kids I saw were not the least bit interested in being pointed anywhere but the nearest drug dealer or chop shop where they could make a quick buck for doing nothing. Try as we would, it just did no good. They stopped maturing at 16, and even 10 years later, the 26 year olds look and act 16. Dress the same way too.

Old 04-14-2010, 05:54 AM
5 Year Member
I don't really get revved on when I'm in my Fit...and it's lowered with rims. You should try driving a completely built up DB2 Integra, every time I take it out not more than 5 minutes pass and I get all kinds of fools thinking they're the next speed racer...lol

Last edited by bmxman; 04-14-2010 at 06:01 AM.
Old 04-14-2010, 09:03 AM
I don't get reved much in my Fit either. (sometimes, but not often) When I drive my Solstice or when I drove my Mustang, it happens often. Almost never by some kid with a REAL built up ricer. Almost always by some idiot with nothing but a coffee can muffler. I usually ignore the morons, but once in ahwile.....when there are no other cars around...they get a quick lesson.

Old 04-14-2010, 10:00 AM
5 Year Member
the best is when i pulled up to a stop light next to some crappy red civic with the fart can and mis-matched body kit. He rev'd his engine, so i humored him and rev'd mine. He took off when it turned green, as i slowly accelerated. too bad there was a cop sitting next to a building out of sight. he got pulled over and assuming a ticket and i still got 30+ mpg. stupid ricers.

Old 04-14-2010, 10:56 AM
Maybe we saw the same kid. Yesterday a red 95 Civic went flying around everyone in the left turn lane, then weaved in and out for a mile before turning left. I had one of those Civics. Had about 110 hp. Real "race" car. Must have been an honors drop out from our local high school.

Old 04-14-2010, 11:45 AM
5 Year Member
I got revved on by a Maserati one time while at the light.

Old 04-14-2010, 12:51 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by citabria7
Maybe we saw the same kid. Yesterday a red 95 Civic went flying around everyone in the left turn lane, then weaved in and out for a mile before turning left. I had one of those Civics. Had about 110 hp. Real "race" car. Must have been an honors drop out from our local high school.
What's your problem, dude? Why all the class warfare? The Fit happens to be an econobox so get off your high horse around here. You've already demonstrated you're as much a *street racer* as the people you're shit-talking.

Old 04-14-2010, 01:16 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by citabria7
I usually ignore the morons, but once in a while.....when there are no other cars around...they get a quick lesson.

yeah sure....there is never a time to race on the streets. It's selfish and you put lives at risk whether think so or not. This is coming from a guy who lost one friend and saw another seriously injured from street racing.

Old 04-14-2010, 03:51 PM
I am tired of them too. I got challenged by a Camaro(Transformer's car ) in the past..interestingly enough, I was able to keep up him.

and rice boys...they are everywhere.

Old 04-14-2010, 04:36 PM
5 Year Member
The guys that drive Mustangs and pickup trucks are the obnoxious jerks around here I don't think I have seen any kids driving Japanese cars doing anything annoying except rattling windows with their overly amplified sound systems.

Old 04-14-2010, 05:37 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
mustangs and pickups (el camino's) are considered 'cool' in your neck of the woods....in my area those are for rednecks.

Old 04-14-2010, 05:53 PM

Shot with KODAK C310 DIGITAL CAMERA at 2009-12-30

Hey hey hey easy on the redneck comments now! LOL See I happen to be both: a ricer who drives a 100 HP "racecar" and a redneck with a big ol jacked up mud truck

Quick Reply: So tired of "street racer" hondas...