General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Fit or S0ul

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2010, 12:32 AM
Fit or S0ul

I am looking at the Soul and the Fit. I like the looks of the Soul and the way that it sits high on the road and my passengers could get into it easily. If it were made by Honda there wouldn't be a question.

But..... The Fit is a Honda and I am a huge fan of the reliability and overall quality. I ride bikes and I can sit my bicycle upright in the back of a fit if I rig it up properly, and while the mileage is officially only a few mpg different, it looks like in real life the Fit does much better.

My heart (and Soul) is sold on the Soul, but my brain is telling me to get the Fit.

Old 02-23-2010, 12:37 AM
5 Year Member
i would go with the fit.. if ur a fan of hondas and u get the soul u probably would regret it in the long run seeing other fits on the road .. ive seen the cars side by side.. the fit takes the cake and like u said it would help wen u go riding u can easily throw ur bike in the back, stick with the Fit u wont regret it

Old 02-23-2010, 12:43 AM
5 Year Member
I researched the crap out of the Soul. I couldn't talk my wife into a new Fit, so it came down to the Soul ! or the Nissan Cube. We ended up with the Cube (mostly her decision). I'm liking it a lot though. I really liked the Soul. You really get a ton of stuff for the money on the Soul !: 18" wheels, 4 wheel discs, great stereo, sunroof, bluetooth, and a great warranty. The only downside I found was the interior plastic that is used for the Soul's interior. Evidently, it scratched way too easy. Kia may have fixed the problem for the 2010 model. I found a lot of good information on the Kia Soul forum. Check it out. Good luck.

David - Dallas, TX
07 Fit Sport
10 Nissan Cube
00 Nissan Xterra
91 Nissan NX2000 (for sale soon)

Old 02-23-2010, 12:43 AM
I run THIS
5 Year Member
your gonna get a biased opinion on this site. But personally i would never buy a Kia... like buying Kool-aid or buying Flav-or-aid.

Old 02-23-2010, 01:48 AM
5 Year Member
I always follow my heart. Get what you really WANT, not what you think is a wiser decision.

That's because it's all debatable. Kias are great reliable cars these days, and has great warranty. If you don't like the car now, chances are, you won't like it as it gets older. Get the one you really like!

Old 02-23-2010, 02:02 AM
5 Year Member
Old 02-23-2010, 02:57 AM
5 Year Member
^ would have to agree with that test. The Soul isn't bad but not up to par with the Fit.

Old 02-23-2010, 01:21 PM
I just picked up a Fit and I really like it. The Soul looks cool but, I'm still in that mind set of it's a Kia...

Old 02-23-2010, 04:03 PM
Super Moderator
Anything > Kia

i would get what YOU really want though, if you love the Soul the go for it

Old 02-23-2010, 04:23 PM
Touched by his noodly appendage
What do you think were going to say?

The Kia Soul is a nice car. Dont let strangers on the internet decide how to spend your thousands of dollars.

Old 02-23-2010, 05:42 PM
5 Year Member
On the soul forums it seems like people are disappointed in the fuel economy.
I looked at it, but the fuel economy seems off which is huge in my opinion when looking at a new car.

Old 02-23-2010, 07:47 PM
5 Year Member
It's nice looking but I've gotten comments from a few Kia Soul owners at the gas station saying; "I like your Fit, I wanted one but the only one I could find at the time was a manual and I can't drive that, so I got this". Do your homework, but I think the Fit is more fun in the long run. Besides weigh this like I did, How many people do you ACTUALLY drive around through the year? My brother said I should get something 4x4 which is great considering I only need that MAYBE a few times a year.

Old 02-23-2010, 08:45 PM
TEST DRIVE them both. By then you will be able to decide.

Old 02-23-2010, 09:30 PM
5 Year Member
The whole idea of purchasing any Kia wasn't on my list. I was sold on Honda back in the early 70's and after owning 2 CRX's feel quite secure with them. I just hope my Fit is as bullet proof as the CRX was. It certainly feels more solid than them. While Kia screwed up and made a bad name for their self when they first entered this country. Even if they did come here as smooth as Honda did, the Soul isn't what I'm looking for and doesn't deserve to be compared with the Fit.

Old 02-23-2010, 10:20 PM
I looked at the Cube, Soul, xB and Fit. I came from an RSX type S and wanted a more family car. In the end I wanted to get something that had a good aftermarket following and was fun to drive. I liked the small SUV, but I prefer to have fun when I drive and the Fit can let you do that. Although it isn't as fast as my RSX it is still nice in the corners.

Old 02-23-2010, 10:31 PM
Originally Posted by mojojojo
I am looking at the Soul and the Fit. I like the looks of the Soul and the way that it sits high on the road and my passengers could get into it easily. If it were made by Honda there wouldn't be a question.
Have you ever been in a Fit? I don't know how it compares to the Soul, but from my experience, it is high on the road and incredibly easy to get into (vs. falling into a larger but lower car like a Civic).

Old 02-23-2010, 10:55 PM
Retired Moderator
5 Year Member
get a kia soul, fit's are gay and slow.

Old 02-24-2010, 10:57 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by dewthedew
get a kia soul, fit's are gay and slow.
+1

Old 02-24-2010, 11:12 PM
These are all cars I looked at when deciding what to buy.

I had an absolutely horrible experience at my local Nissan dealership, but that wasn't what made my decision about the Cube. I certainly like the Cube's exterior styling, but when I actually got in one, I felt there were a few things about it I didn't like. I didn't like the ripply ceiling it seemed plastic and cheap, although I suppose it might be more durable then cloth. It also seemed like it would be better for a bigger guy.. although perhaps I could have adjusted the seat better. I also needed cargo room.

What the horrible experience dictated was me totally walking away from looking at the Versa hatchback as an option (not to mention never coming back to this dealership). [Although I don't think they had any hatchback models at the time, anyways.]

My local Kia dealership was pretty lame, but that was totally the dealership's fault, not Kia's.. apparently they had recently changed ownership or management and were not.. getting in much stock, not to mention their salesman were lame. Part of my problem with the Soul was that to get the features/options I wanted, I had to step up to pretty much the highest models (! and/or sport models) so it was already pricing itself out of the game over stupid stuff. (I needed to get A/T and really wanted to try to avoid the Soul-branded fabric, etc.) If it weren't for those things, I would give the Soul a serious look.

That being said, Kia's warranty isn't as great as it sounds. It seems more like a marketing gimmick (read lots of stuff online about it.) Also, depending upon where you buy, you might get a better warranty on the Fit than others (places that have CA emissions/warranty).

Old 02-24-2010, 11:17 PM
When it comes down to it you have to decide what's the best for u I ride bikes as well I have no probs my fit dose great on the road handling is awsome dose good in snow and ice but dose not like water I get about 40-45 mpg evertime hw and about 30 on the street if I had to get another car tomorow I would not think twice I would buy another fit I've been super happy

Quick Reply: Fit or S0ul