General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Honda Music Stink, oops Link

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2006, 03:29 PM
Honda Music Stink, oops Link

This will sound nasty, but who thought the music link was an acceptable way to control an iPod? Sure it passes signal from the dock connector, which is good (sounds better than headphone out into the aux in jack) but searching through alphabetically in hopes of stoping at the right spoken letter, etc. is ludicrous. It barely counts as control. The dock connector obviously has the signals needed to provide far better control (see other manufacturers products)
What about info on the lcd screen? (which was originally promised by the way) http://www.ipodobserver.com/story/25032

What about just being able to see and scroll through the menus rather than this computer voice spoken search nightmare?

also see:
http://www.nuxx.net/hondamusiclink.html

I wonder if this is something that will be able to be fixed in the future.
If so, the upgrade/update should be given free to we poor suckers that bought the original Music link BECAUSE WE WERE TOLD HOW GREAT IT WAS GOING TO BE!

Sorry, getting a little worked up here.

Is it just me?

Old 05-17-2006, 04:43 PM
dude. it's just you. you're the oooooooonly one.

i'm so kidding. my parts manager tried to sell me on it for three days without success. i just didn't like the setup. now, i LOVE my shiny new car...but the music link i can do without.

Old 05-17-2006, 04:50 PM
If anyone is considering the Music Link, make sure you have a 5th generation or newer Ipod. Honda mentions this in the manuals for this adapter.

Old 05-17-2006, 05:27 PM
I agree that is it crap. It broke on me 6 days after install. I wanted a full refund. They said they would charge me $86 to take out the broken device. They installed a new one and it works but we will se for hoe long.

My blog has a category devoted to the iPod in my Fit check it here http://drknife.com/blog/index.php?catid=3&blogid=1

I have buyers remorse for getting the Music Link. I reccommend to everyone that NOONE should buy this piece of crap.

Old 05-17-2006, 06:00 PM
Someone that Posts too much
I have it too but haven't used it yet as my ipod is a pre-historic one. I don't see using it in the near future, i'll just burn MP3's for now.

drknife, keep us posted will ya?

Old 05-17-2006, 06:43 PM
Save yourself a lot of money and headache and get this instead
http://monstercables.com/MP3/product...ck%20Connector

It connects your ipod through the dock instead of the headphone jack and charges your ipod at the same time. the sound difference is noght and day! You still have great control over the ipod at a fraction of the cost. Did I mention that I sell Hondas and wont touch the music link?

Neal

Old 05-17-2006, 06:54 PM
Someone that spends his life on FitFreak.net
I was gonna get it, but didn't czu i realized its crap. It doesn't even display the song u're playing, even tho for CD mp3s it will.

Old 05-17-2006, 06:59 PM
Retired Moderator
I just got a power jack for my nano, but am considering getting the wireless remote. That way I can control my iPod from my steering wheel or something like that instead of having to reach down...just another alternative

Old 05-17-2006, 08:21 PM
I run THIS
5 Year Member
i have it on my S2000 and i love it!

Old 05-17-2006, 08:30 PM
Someone that Posts too much
Thumbs down

I'm not even going to try using mine till they somewhat improve the interface, hopefully.

Almost bought a 30 gig video too, few days after i got my Fit.

Old 05-18-2006, 03:43 AM
Someone that spends his life on FitFreak.net
Originally Posted by Illusive
I just got a power jack for my nano, but am considering getting the wireless remote. That way I can control my iPod from my steering wheel or something like that instead of having to reach down...just another alternative
i don't see how remote is better than the nano. A remote is almost the same size and portability of a remote. Just put it next to the little pit next to the E-brake. for me, i put it in the passenger seeat if no one is there