General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

What is wrong with a car enthusiast driving a Fit?

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2010, 09:29 PM
5 Year Member
Was it a baker?

Old 02-08-2010, 03:52 AM
Super Moderator
Yea because when you hear car enthusiast you think '92 accord. I would expect that additude from another car manufatior fan but not another Honda guy

Old 02-08-2010, 01:02 PM
Cat
Someone that spends HER life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
It is a shame when people go expressing their opinion when it wasn't asked for and like I was raised don't say anything if you can't be nice! LOL! Yes, some classic car guys will flame us, the American muscle guys will point and say that is what killed Detroit but it doesn't stop me from putting my Fit into car shows all over the state just because I enjoy hanging out with other import owners and we have a great time. The fun thing is when you are parked between a Nova and a Chevelle - can make for fun day of car showing. I was happy this summer when the Fit won Best of Show Post 1975 - beating out a TC, Civic SI, Civic CRX and several nice Stangs and even an EVO. All these owners congradulated me for the win and I do the same when they win and I don't. It all depends on what the judges like and don't like. You will always find people who don't like your car but the most important thing is that you love it and it makes you happy - that is all the matters. My ex-boss owns a 1951 Jag that he has spent lots of money to restore to it's orginial state - I am just as proud and excited over the Fit as he is for the Jag

Cat :x

Old 02-10-2010, 09:07 PM
Originally Posted by spreadhead
Actually the Malibu (and the Ford Fusion) rate highly for driver friendliness and reliability (in their class). Both these cars are the high points in the dismal "American made" lineup.
I'll agree about the Fusion. The Malibu--it really depends on the model year. Several years of the 'Bu are on Consumer Reports' "Cars to Avoid" list.

I haven't written off the Fusion because it hasn't earned a bad track record like the 'Bu did. The American car I'm excited about is the Ford Fiesta. One of the few American models I've considered buying in a long time. In fact, if my old car hadn't crapped-out, I would've held out for the Fiesta to come to market.

I can't believe I just said I'm excited about a Ford Fiesta...

Old 02-11-2010, 01:30 AM
The new focus looks decent too, I was reading about it in motortrend or something. Yeah I feel kind of dirty for saying a Ford looks decent.

Hey don't be bashing Accords, I am an enthusiast and I have a 91 CB7. I think being an enthusiast is more about mutual respect for motorsports, and realizing people will buy cars and mod to personal tastes. But when it comes down to it, most of us love speed, love tossing around our cars in corners, and are proud of what we have.

But that guy was just a jerk and not an enthusiast probably. I always appreciate a tasteful car regardless of make and model. Elitists ruin car ownership.

Old 02-13-2010, 09:11 AM
Funny, I consider myself an enthusiast and I am actively pursuing a 5mt Fit sport. I think C&D summed it up that there isn't another car on the market that combines this much practicality, thrift, and "fun-to-drive". I want something fun, reliable, but not something that breaks the bank. My wife HATES the way it looks, but on the test drive (albeit in an auto Sport) we took a couple of windy back roads and she began to understand.

Power is one of the most over-rated items in a sports car. Take a look at the AE86... a whopping 130hp dinosaur that is one of the most coveted sports cars in Japanese history...

And lastly, the ONLY thing I care about is what puts a smile on my face, and the Fit does it for me.

Old 02-13-2010, 11:34 AM
5 Year Member
Smile

And lastly, the ONLY thing I care about is what puts a smile on my face, and the Fit does it for me.[/QUOTE]

And firstly, that is really what it is all about, and the Fit does it for me as well.

Old 02-13-2010, 12:50 PM
5 Year Member
that guy is just pissed that he drives a beater and you have a new car Besides that anybody who likes to modify their car makes them a car enthusiast. A lot of people fix up pintos, mavericks, Geos, etc... Some of these cars get a bad rap, but people still fix them up, doesnt that make them an enthusiast? As long as you have a passion to fix up your car that makes you an enthusiast.

Old 02-13-2010, 02:23 PM
5 Year Member
I just flashed back on a guy 15 years ago that had a beautifully tricked out and always detailed to the ultimate Yugo..... Honestly, the little car was beautiful.

Old 02-16-2010, 12:00 AM
A true enthusiast can understand and empathize with others who are enthusiasts--even if they don't share the interest in a particular make/model.

A real enthusiast can relate--even if they don't agree.

Old 02-16-2010, 02:10 AM
Originally Posted by FitGD4
that guy is just pissed that he drives a beater and you have a new car Besides that anybody who likes to modify their car makes them a car enthusiast. A lot of people fix up pintos, mavericks, Geos, etc... Some of these cars get a bad rap, but people still fix them up, doesnt that make them an enthusiast? As long as you have a passion to fix up your car that makes you an enthusiast.
I fixed up a 94 geo prizm and it was the biggest pita to do lol

Old 02-16-2010, 01:38 PM
5 Year Member
Enthusiast that drive Fits are as nuts as all other auto enthusiast except for being so for all of the right and wrong reasons, just like the others.

Old 02-16-2010, 03:42 PM
Originally Posted by zulu
Take a look at the AE86... a whopping 130hp dinosaur that is one of the most coveted sports cars in Japanese history...
LOLWAT? Are you high or retarded?

Old 02-16-2010, 04:03 PM
simple answer to that question.. EVERYTHING. haha
The car is perfect in all areas. We fit owners have everything to mod,save gas, and have fun driving. I want to go camping with a bunch of fits and we can all camp out in our cars!

Old 02-16-2010, 08:12 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kawracer
A true enthusiast can understand and empathize with others who are enthusiasts--even if they don't share the interest in a particular make/model.

A real enthusiast can relate--even if they don't agree.
QFT!

We all have our pet favorite car brands, but there's no real need to bash on any of them. As enthusiasts, we know that even our "home teams" have room for improvement.

Old 02-17-2010, 06:50 PM
5 Year Member
I do wish the interior were a bit more lux and that there were other colors available, as well as a leather option. Yes I know one can get leather after-market, but it would be nice if the sport model came with this.

Old 02-17-2010, 09:44 PM
Originally Posted by MaybeAFit4Me
I do wish the interior were a bit more lux and that there were other colors available, as well as a leather option. Yes I know one can get leather after-market, but it would be nice if the sport model came with this.
X2 on the leather. Fabric is fine, but I'd love some black leather.

Old 02-17-2010, 10:19 PM
5 Year Member
An enthusiast would simply change what ever it is they didn't like..... I spent $1200 on a leather seat for my motorcycle because I didn't like the one that came on it..... I thought my car needed more power and fixed that too.

Old 02-19-2010, 10:53 AM
Pure ignorance.

There are enthusiasts for everything out there. Don't let it bother you

Old 02-19-2010, 01:24 PM
Originally Posted by gd3vbp
LOLWAT? Are you high or retarded?
Not high, so I guess retarded... Care to fill me in?

Quick Reply: What is wrong with a car enthusiast driving a Fit?