General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

tool tray

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2010, 05:14 AM
5 Year Member
tool tray

anybody has a tool tray under the spare tire cover on the honda fit sport?
is this an optional or standard item on the sport model? do you have to lose the spare if you get the tray?
I remember when i test drove a 2010 sport, it's a standard item.
thanks

Old 01-17-2010, 07:53 PM
5 Year Member
anybody with 2010 fit sport check their trunk cover and find out if it has a tool tray/organizer under it.
It looks like i am missing one.

Old 01-17-2010, 08:03 PM
Touched by his noodly appendage
I have no idea what your talking about. There is a spare tire under my trunk cover, and a bag with the jack.

Old 01-17-2010, 08:18 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by qbmurderer13
I have no idea what your talking about. There is a spare tire under my trunk cover, and a bag with the jack.
thank you for taking the time. do you have a sport model?
I remember when i test drove the fit sport, it has a styrofoam like tool tray/ organizer under the trunk cover, from tire wrench, tow hook and jack rod/wrench?
i just need a confirmation.
thanks

Old 01-17-2010, 08:21 PM
5 Year Member
I have a 2010 Sport. No tool tray. Just a spare tire, and a bag with my jack in it also.

Old 01-17-2010, 08:23 PM
5 Year Member
Nav models may have the tray with a Fix-a-flat instead of a spare tire. Not sure what ended up happening with that.

Old 01-17-2010, 08:34 PM
Touched by his noodly appendage
Originally Posted by secondspassed
Nav models may have the tray with a Fix-a-flat instead of a spare tire. Not sure what ended up happening with that.
Where did you hear that from? That doesnt make sense at all.

Old 01-17-2010, 08:42 PM
5 Year Member
Before the '09 Fit came out in the US there had been talk around here of maybe all of them, maybe just the sport models getting a fix-a-flat instead of a spare tire. Since you guys have sports and apparently spare tires I was thinking it's possible for some reason only the Nav models got the fix-a-flat instead. Sorry if it doesn't make sense.

Old 01-17-2010, 08:49 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by secondspassed
Before the '09 Fit came out in the US there had been talk around here of maybe all of them, maybe just the sport models getting a fix-a-flat instead of a spare tire. Since you guys have sports and apparently spare tires I was thinking it's possible for some reason only the Nav models got the fix-a-flat instead. Sorry if it doesn't make sense.
i thought about the same thing, but, the one i tested was a 2010 non Nav model sport. the salesman said, it comes standard. when i bought mine from a different dealership... it does not come with one.

Old 01-17-2010, 08:55 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by little bastard
i thought about the same thing, but, the one i tested was a 2010 non Nav model sport. the salesman said, it comes standard. when i bought mine from a different dealership... it does not come with one.
2nd gen. USDM Fits come from 2 different factories, perhaps one puts in a spare and the other a fix-a-flat. Curiouser and curiouser...

Old 01-17-2010, 08:59 PM
5 Year Member
Just checked out honda canada's website. Apparently all their MT fits get spares while their AT fits get tire repair kits. the US website states all Fits get spares. Maybe you forgot to mention you test drove this Fit in canada? Or mexico even?

Old 01-17-2010, 09:29 PM
5 Year Member
test drive was done at Norm Reeves in West Cvina.

Old 01-18-2010, 09:14 PM
5 Year Member
I have 09 FIT Sport AT/NAV and I came with FIX-A-FLAT in orange bag.

Old 01-18-2010, 10:05 PM
5 Year Member
I have a 09 Sport MT and mine has the spare, jack under the plastic shrouding...closer to the rear of the vehicle, and a blue roll up bag with the tools inside.

Old 01-19-2010, 12:11 AM
5 Year Member
thank you for taking the time. do you have a sport model?
I remember when i test drove the fit sport, it has a styrofoam like tool tray/ organizer under the trunk cover, from tire wrench, tow hook and jack rod/wrench?
i just need a confirmation.
thanks
Last I checked it's the FA/FD Civics that get that styrofoam tool tray. Us GD/GE folk just roll with the cheap-ass roll-up tool bag.

Old 01-19-2010, 01:45 AM
5 Year Member
i'll drop by the dealership as soon as the rain stops and check some of the fit sport.

Old 01-19-2010, 09:24 AM
5 Year Member
anybody has a tool tray under the spare tire cover on the honda fit sport?
is this an optional or standard item on the sport model? do you have to lose the spare if you get the tray?
I remember when i test drove a 2010 sport, it's a standard item.
thanks
No, that's only for Canadian models without the TPMS. Instead of some Canadian models getting a spare tire, they only get a tire repair kit, but they get that cool little tray you're talking about. If I'm not mistaken, you cannot use a repair kit on tires with the TPMS... it will damage the sensors. And I think I remember someone from Canada mentioning they were envious over U.S. models getting a TPMS... there again, apparently some Canadians do not get TPMS.

It shows it here at the end of this video:

YouTube - 2009 Honda Fit DX (Canadian Base Model) Exterior/Interior

Funny song for a Fit showing!

You must have seen the Canadian model with a repair kit when you saw the tray... or someone got their hands on one.

Old 01-19-2010, 05:55 PM
5 Year Member
I know my FG had a styro tray...I wonder if that tray would fit in our spare? That'd be a neater and less (clang clang rolling around) noise for our tools to make in the back.

Any ideas?

Old 01-19-2010, 08:05 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Btrthnezr3
I know my FG had a styro tray...I wonder if that tray would fit in our spare? That'd be a neater and less (clang clang rolling around) noise for our tools to make in the back.

Any ideas?
this is exactly the reason why i am looking for it. just to reiterate to all, i test drove a fit sport that has the tool tray @ Norm Reeves Honda in West Covina, Ca. not Canada.

thanks

Old 01-19-2010, 09:38 PM
5 Year Member
I will contact my Honda friend...he'll be happy to test out the foam tray on a Fit, I'm sure--and when he does, I'll post back the results on here.

Quick Reply: tool tray