General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

First tankful's mileage!

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2010, 10:02 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Bowkr
I don't understand idling.
I do! Apparently she does too!

Why waste gas,
Because she wants to, and can!

and pollute,
Because she isn't... and of course, she can! Matter of opinion anyway!

while you can simply dress slightly warmer
Because she doesn't want to! She's a delicate flower!

Such a waste...
To you. And yes, I know what you mean!

Old 01-21-2010, 10:06 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by hondaFORlife
LOL anunc8. . Sounds like we're on the same page. .
Lol... and I was starting to get lonely here. Thanks for the company!

Old 01-21-2010, 10:10 AM
LOL
If I wasn't on my phone internet, I'd have posted the saaame message. I love how we drive such a fuel efficient, low emission car, but yet there's people on this forum beating up on a new member about idling. Go on Mustang, Camaro, f250, etc forums and preach to them..

Old 01-21-2010, 01:40 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by annunC8
(Hey, may I recommend a Remote Starter System for your new Fit? )
I had one put in by the dealer! It was the same price as it would have cost me to put it in aftermarket or I wouldn't have agreed to it. It also comes in handy when I'm heading to the car with a bunch of stuff in my hands and I have passengers who want to get in out of the cold while I'm loading it up. It's easier than having to go in through my door, start up the car, get back out, blah blah blah.

This has been an interesting thread!

Old 01-21-2010, 10:15 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by VaMPKiSS1
I had one put in by the dealer! It was the same price as it would have cost me to put it in aftermarket or I wouldn't have agreed to it. It also comes in handy when I'm heading to the car with a bunch of stuff in my hands and I have passengers who want to get in out of the cold while I'm loading it up. It's easier than having to go in through my door, start up the car, get back out, blah blah blah.
Well, I know it's getting to be a well-used statement at this point, but still appropriate for this post... You go, girl!

I've had remote start for a few years now, and I enjoy it. It really does come in handy in more ways than just warming the car. I'm not sure where I'll have it done (maybe attempt it myself), but I almost have to have it installed in my Fit when it comes in... that, leather (Clazzio?), and heated seats. I don't know if I can live without the conveniences after having them for so long.

The Fit will be my "run around" car. But I'm going to be just as enthusiastic about it than any car I've ever owned. Having said that, I have to add all of the conveniences I'm used to, and more! I'm excited about Fit ownership. Can't explain, like having a pet car or something. It'll be fun watching it's progression.

This has been an interesting thread!
That it has. Enjoy!

Old 02-11-2010, 11:03 PM
5 Year Member
So I was all prepared for my Fit's first tankful to not give me the kind of mileage I was expecting. Boy was I wrong! With my old car, by now I would have had to stop at the gas station twice (it's been a week.) The gas light finally came on and I went to the station and filled up. It only took 8.6 gallons!

So my MPG's for the first 8.6 gallons were:

Manually Calculated: 26.7mpg
Fit's Display reading: 22mpg

Yay, go Fit!
That's not bad, and you'll probably see better if you take it easy. I just had my first fill up a couple days ago... 37.7 mpg. I was thrilled!

Old 10-12-2010, 10:41 PM
My very first tank of gas got 28MPG; however, the dash said 31. I'm excited to see how my mileage acts as my car gets worn in.