General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Waiting Time

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2006, 02:57 PM
Started looking when I first registered on this forum. Just signed the purchase contract yesterday. Will be picking it up today. (barring any problems, spinning, etc. Knock on wood) Was able to physically see the Fit and touch it yesterday.

Old 05-22-2006, 03:16 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by PaganFit
You must have really wanted a new car now! I would have gone to another Honda dealer. I think the Fit is worth the wait no matter how long. You couldn't pay me enough to buy the Yaris. Not that it won't work for others, I just can't stand the styling. Looks too cheap and too much like the echo and the old Geo metro. It is what it is... an econobox. Good luck with it anyway. I hope you enjoy it. It does get great gas millage and it ranks up there with the Fit.
Why didn't you look into the Toyota Corrolla S? That is a pretty cool car with more options, great millage and sportier looks? You can get a 5 speed manual too! Just a question.
Yeah, I really wanted a new car now. I ended up getting the 4 door sedan, with the power options, except some of the S features. So I don't have the body kit/wing that the S comes with. I liked the sedan's styling better, compared to the Yaris's hatchback.

Old 05-22-2006, 03:20 PM
before bf and i looked at the fit we looked at the Yaris and throughout the whole dearlership they only had 1 with the "power package" but they didn't have the key ok whatever, we went back to honda to look at the fit. We went to honda the previous week and encountered 2 rude salesman

Old 05-22-2006, 07:41 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by oOo LinDa
haha, it wasn't an anniversary you were hoping to celebrate, right?
I'm starting to think that the month's wait wasn't worth the $220 discount I painfully hammered out. For a $22k car (USD after currency exchange), that's like... a 1% difference.

I did look at the Yaris 5-door, but there wasn't enough space behind the rear seats. Nor did it have the 60/40 folding seat unless I got the RS trim. Yikes.

Old 05-22-2006, 10:13 PM
5 Year Member
well i just deposited on my fit today, they had the vin# (not too sure if that means its here) and everything and i saw what was to be the expected delivery date of 5/26-5/30 so can we clear things up on how info is obtained? is getting a vin mean that the vehicle is actually stateside or is it anywhere? also has anybody seen that sheet i saw at the dealership its a delivery or stock list showing their incoming cars/vins/dates how long did it take in relation to that document?

Old 05-22-2006, 11:08 PM
5 Year Member
Build Date

I'm too lazy, and it's dark outside..................

Where are ya'll getting the build date? I remember a door sticker that said 4/06, but not a date. Is it on the window sticker or somewhere else in the vehicle?

Old 05-22-2006, 11:32 PM
5 Year Member
According to the sales lady I am dealing with having a VIN means it is on its way in the USA. I also saw the list of incoming vehicles.

Old 05-22-2006, 11:52 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Okietom
According to the sales lady I am dealing with having a VIN means it is on its way in the USA. I also saw the list of incoming vehicles.
VIN = Car is comming
Got my VIN and a week later, the car is at the dealer.
Will take it home on friday , another 3 days of waiting.
I'm like everybody, I hate to wait but it's always worst when
it's your own case.

Philippe

Old 05-23-2006, 01:00 AM
Master FitFreaker
Originally Posted by phil_qc
VIN = Car is comming
Got my VIN and a week later, the car is at the dealer.
Will take it home on friday , another 3 days of waiting.
I'm like everybody, I hate to wait but it's always worst when
it's your own case.

Philippe
damn wish mine was like that I still have to wait for that bitch to come

Old 05-23-2006, 02:48 PM
The wait is officially killing me. I called on Thursday to get the VIN number, so I know it's on its way. Yesterday was a holiday and I'm sitting by the phone today waiting....

Old 05-23-2006, 03:15 PM
ordered on May 6th, delivered & picked up on May 22nd

my Fit was on route to port when I put my down payment down, takes a while for those cargo liners to move, lol

Old 05-23-2006, 03:16 PM
sometimes i wish having the VIN number would help us personally track it ourselves like fedex and usps.. but oh well, just a thought

Old 05-23-2006, 07:09 PM
5 Year Member
well i guess im one of the lucky ones, i went in today just to finish up the paperwork and a few things with the dealership (honda of tysons, which has been a great help if anybody cares) and as i was walking to my car i saw a car hauler come in with two fits one base and one sport (which actually turned out to be mine!) but unfortunately i wont be able to pick it up until tomorrow considering how late it is and they wont be able to PDI it tonight and get it inspected and all that jazz so lets calculate i walked into the dealer saturday the 20th and put a deposit down on the fit finished most of the paperwork yesterday, walked in today to finish the rest and give the down payment and it came in today (tuesday the 23rd)

Old 05-23-2006, 10:35 PM
WOW, logistixz, you are indeed fortunate!! That was SUPER fast!

Old 05-23-2006, 11:44 PM
Wow!

That rocks. What luck. I talked to the manager earlier and they were putting in the order for mine today. They said it won't be delivered until August! He hasn't called me to tell me if they were able to get it or not. I am keeping my fingers crossed.
Anyone know if there are going to be changes for the next model year? I would love a sunroof but I won't complain if I don't get it. Love the car anyway!
Saw an Orange automatic sport at the dealer that just came in and was being delivered. I am soooooo waiting for the orange! Sweet color! The wife really liked it too.

Old 05-24-2006, 07:47 PM
5 Year Member
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Loud Scream)

Old 05-24-2006, 08:18 PM
i put down my deposit last week, but i am doubting that they are trying enough to get the car for me.
i called the guy at the dealership, and he just said that he will contact me asap when he knows what color and trim is there...
i just emailed him requesting just order one that i specified, don't know what he will do next....

Old 05-25-2006, 01:04 PM
that just sucks.. lovethatfit

dammit, i dont think i can wait anymore

Old 05-25-2006, 01:39 PM
Master FitFreaker
Originally Posted by lovethatfit
i put down my deposit last week, but i am doubting that they are trying enough to get the car for me.
i called the guy at the dealership, and he just said that he will contact me asap when he knows what color and trim is there...
i just emailed him requesting just order one that i specified, don't know what he will do next....
that sounds just like my dealership

Old 05-25-2006, 01:50 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by oOo LinDa
sometimes i wish having the VIN number would help us personally track it ourselves like fedex and usps.. but oh well, just a thought
I was bugging my dealer's sales manager about giving me GPS updates on the ship as it was coming across the ocean!! He was a good sport about it all along and seemed as frustrated as I was about where the car actually was at different times.

Quick Reply: Waiting Time