General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Waiting Time

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2006, 07:42 AM
i'm tired of waiting.. i want my car now!!

Old 05-19-2006, 12:53 PM
I know I'm tired of waiting too. The projected delivery for my car is now 05/27-05/31 but I've been told that lately they have been arriving before the projected date so hopefully it will not be long now.

Yours was built about the same time as mine so maybe you will get yours pretty soon too..........

Old 05-19-2006, 02:07 PM
i battled to get my name on one. it shipped on monday and the sales manager said it should be in anytime!!

vivid blue sport m/t

Old 05-19-2006, 02:19 PM
Originally Posted by Wiggles
I know I'm tired of waiting too. The projected delivery for my car is now 05/27-05/31 but I've been told that lately they have been arriving before the projected date so hopefully it will not be long now.

Yours was built about the same time as mine so maybe you will get yours pretty soon too..........
was your build date May 10, or earlier?

Old 05-19-2006, 04:41 PM
The build date for the Fit I'm waiting on was 04/25 so it works out to about a 4-5 week wait from the build date...........If the estimated delivery date turns out to be correct.

Old 05-19-2006, 05:02 PM
Originally Posted by Wiggles

i sure hope so.. it's making me sad not having it. then today bf brings over a HondaTuning magazine with all the goodies on it.. which makes me more brightside, he said he's putting the mugen suspension on for me. free of price for me

Old 05-19-2006, 10:00 PM
So I ordered mine here in the northeast on May 16th. The dealer told me it wouldn't be in until mid July! I guess that is the way it's going from what all you are saying. I'm not in any hurry though... the beautiful weather is here and my R1 is calling me daily! Best gas mileage around… 45mpg at 80-100 mph! Can’t wait for the Fit though. I miss my old Civic!!!

Old 05-20-2006, 02:44 AM
welcome to the forums PaganFit ^^

Old 05-20-2006, 03:39 AM
5 Year Member
My experience was a lot easier. Went to the dealer on 4/22 (Sat). Saw the list of cars the dealer was getting on their next shipment. Order an orange sport AT (already enroute, left San Diego on car carrier on 4/17), got a call on Tue 4/25 afternoon. Proud owner ever since...

Old 05-20-2006, 07:08 AM
Thanks for the Welcome!

Like riding a motorcycle, I am always amazed at how ownership of the same think can bring everyone together. When I started riding I learned that all motorcyclists wave to one another when passing. It's a bit weird at first but gives you a really good feeling. I say when we pass each other we start to do the same! It may not be as easy because we're in a car but it's a club thing!
Anyway, thanx for the welcome and I hope to see you all out there soon!!!

Old 05-20-2006, 10:20 AM
5 Year Member
It is my 1-month lunarversary
:*(

Old 05-20-2006, 02:24 PM
5 Year Member
Paganfit, people in Oklahoma wave at other people just because they might be neighbors. At least because they are fellow human beings. We don't think it is weird. Aknowledgment of another person's presence is friendly. Even our policemen wave at people.

Old 05-20-2006, 04:30 PM
Originally Posted by crimsona
It is my 1-month lunarversary
:*(
haha, it wasn't an anniversary you were hoping to celebrate, right?

Old 05-20-2006, 04:51 PM
Master FitFreaker
Originally Posted by oOo LinDa
i'm tired of waiting.. i want my car now!!
yea that and I wont get mine anytime soon too feaking manual sport is taking forever

Old 05-20-2006, 05:04 PM
Originally Posted by aziatiklover
yea that and I wont get mine anytime soon too feaking manual sport is taking forever
did they tell you how long?

Old 05-20-2006, 05:09 PM
Originally Posted by Okietom
Paganfit, people in Oklahoma wave at other people just because they might be neighbors. At least because they are fellow human beings. We don't think it is weird. Aknowledgment of another person's presence is friendly. Even our policemen wave at people.
Must be nice! I mean that too! I just think it's weird because more people don't do it. Maybe I should look into moving to Oklahoma. Just can't help but sing that in my head when I type it... "OKLAHOMA" .

I guess it just must be the crappy New York mindset around here. Everything for yourself and nothing for your neighbor. I guess that's why we have such a high crime rate in NY.

Old 05-20-2006, 05:12 PM
Master FitFreaker
Originally Posted by oOo LinDa
did they tell you how long?
every shiptment so it could be months now

Old 05-22-2006, 09:06 AM
is anyone else getting impatient?? i know i am!

Old 05-22-2006, 02:17 PM
5 Year Member
Good News/Bad News

I couldn't wait any longer. So I have some good news and some bad news.
The good news it that I did get a new car this past Thursday, 05.18.06.
The bad news: That I ended up getting a Yaris.
I really wanted the Fit Sport, but waiting time, and dealer games sent me to the Yaris instead.

Dealer in Downey called me Wednesday, told me they would have the Fit for me on Thursday, I said cool I'll be there. That same Wednesday, I also saw a Yaris, manual, with power options for $14,650. I told the sales person, if the Honda Fit didn't happen, I would call him Thursday. The Honda dealer called me on Thrusday to make sure I would be able to make it, I said sure, will you have the car? They said yes, I get there and..................NO CAR??!!??.....said it was pre-sold??!!?? They should have told me that before I drove out there.

Anyway, they were gonna try to find another Fit Sport manual, which they were gonna try to get me for $16,800, before tax & license. I called the dealer that had the Yaris, to see if they still had it, he was eating lunch so he would have to call me in like 30 minutes. I told this to the Honda dealer and he went down to $16,100 and I told him whoever had the car available first I would go there. Toyota dealer called me and said it was still there. Honda was still trying to figure out how to get a car they should have had........so I went with the Yaris. I think the Honda dealer had the Fit all along and just wanted to get more $$$ out of me. I think both are great cars and will both do well in the sub-compact market.

Old 05-22-2006, 02:39 PM
You must have really wanted a new car now! I would have gone to another Honda dealer. I think the Fit is worth the wait no matter how long. You couldn't pay me enough to buy the Yaris. Not that it won't work for others, I just can't stand the styling. Looks too cheap and too much like the echo and the old Geo metro. It is what it is... an econobox. Good luck with it anyway. I hope you enjoy it. It does get great gas millage and it ranks up there with the Fit.
Why didn't you look into the Toyota Corrolla S? That is a pretty cool car with more options, great millage and sportier looks? You can get a 5 speed manual too! Just a question.

Quick Reply: Waiting Time