General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Waiting Time

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2006, 09:53 PM
Angry Salesmen......

Originally Posted by ngoldberg
If it makes you feel better, I have a customer that has a deposit on a fit and the date has been pushed back 5 days so far. I assume it is because there are a few other cars with the same delivery dates and they are trying to fill a truck. Unfortunatley these are things us dealers dont get answers to. It certainly does not help the situation with customer relations
Having the delivery date pushed back is not really that big a problem.........I start having a problem when I start feeling that the salesman is blowing smoke up my behind. Tell me the truth and we'll get it worked out but don't start BS'ing me and just telling me something to put me off until I get frustrated enough to call again wanting answers. I have a hard time believing that the shipping end of Honda cannot tell where a car is at any point in the shipping/delivery chain............Jim

Old 05-17-2006, 10:18 PM
5 Year Member
Waiting?

I read the first two pages, and skipped to the end to post.

I sent an e-mail to two dealers on Saturday night (5\13) searching for a Blue or Red Sport A/T, and Monday morning by 9 a.m. I had an offer, and by the end of the day had arranged the financing through my credit union, and will pick it up Saturday. I live in Pearl, MS, a suburb of Jackson, but will be in Memphis for my niece's graduation, and I am picking up the car there.

If anyone is interested, I know the dealership in Fayetteville, AR is receiving a Red Sport A/T today or tomorrow.

I guess that is part of the advantage of being here amid all these NASCAR/ big pickup truck boys, the Fit is flying in under their radar, and I will have one before the big "Oh my, I need one of those" hits. Let me toodle around the shopping centers and malls for a week or two and the local Honda dealers won't know what hit them. I oughta get some kind of deal on bird dogging in customers to them. Think I'll check on that in the morning.

Y'all be good

Old 05-18-2006, 07:38 AM
Originally Posted by Wiggles
o0o LinDa I see that you are in Houston, do you mind telling who you are getting your Fit from?

I'm not real happy with John Eagle right now, it seems that I have not been getting "real world" delivery estimates. First it was 2 weeks, then another 10 days was added on and now it is estimated to be the end of the month for delivery. No one over there seems to be able to tell me where it's at in the transit process.

Jim
I ordered mine from Gillman Honda and so did aziatiklover. I called the salesman too and he was telling me the same thing as your but then I just called Gillman and they had a sales manager look into and he called me back with more details on the delivery. They already have a VIN for my car & he said it was being built in Japan and so on. So, we're just going to have to sit back and wait (me = anxious)

Last edited by oOo LinDa; 05-18-2006 at 09:04 AM.
Old 05-18-2006, 08:15 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Wiggles
<SNIP>I have a hard time believing that the shipping end of Honda cannot tell where a car is at any point in the shipping/delivery chain............Jim
I went through the process with my dealer, looking at the IN network, and the sheets that they get from Honda. The Sales Manager talked to someone in transportation at the place where they truck them from, and did not know what was going on with my car. This was the DAY BEFORE it arrived at the dealer!

Go figure!! He is very frustrated at the information that is available to the dealers, as well.

David
'07 Fit Sport, red, AT, 32 miles

Old 05-18-2006, 11:48 AM
Angry Salesmen.......

Originally Posted by oOo LinDa
I ordered mine from Gillman Honda and so did aziatiklover. I called the salesman too and he was telling me the same thing as your but then I just called Gillman and they had a sales manager look into and he called me back with more details on the delivery. They already have a VIN for my car & he said it was being built in Japan and so on. So, we're just going to have to sit back and wait (me = anxious)

I finally got what I hope is more accurate info & it looks like the estimated date for delivery is going to be around the 27th of this month. I was told almost 2 weeks ago that they have a VIN for the one I'm waiting on and it was built 04/25.

They originally told me that they had a car coming in a week like I wanted. The day after I put down the deposit (go figure that one) they called and said there had been a mistake & the one coming was a manual trans. Then they said they had another in route which is the one I'm waiting on.

It's no wonder that Car Salesmen have about the same type of reputation as a Lawyer or Pedophile..........

Old 05-18-2006, 12:05 PM
i hope mine comes the same times as yours. im gettin very anxious..i keep telling my bf everyday that i want the car NOW!

Old 05-18-2006, 12:29 PM
Count me as another VERY frustrated customer. My Honda dealer told me a Blaze Orange was coming in today and would call as soon as it arrived so I could come test drive it. I was planning to buy it then and there as long as the new car smell didn't nauseate me (I used to barf every time I got in a new car, but am hoping I've outgrown that problem; haven't been in a new car in a long time).

Well, GRRRRRRR!!!! I just called the dealership to see if the car had arrived yet and was told that no, it hadn't, but did I realize it's a 5-speed model? Well, no I did not, and I had told the dealer last Saturday that I could not drive a manual. Is it really possible he didn't know at the time that it was not an automatic? Just makes me distrust him now, so I may just deal with a different Honda dealer in my area instead, but can you trust any of them?

And how long is it going to be now until I get my mitts on that Fit? Probably a month or more. To be this close, only to be let down. I'm heartbroken.

Old 05-18-2006, 12:35 PM
I can pick up my fit today, wait time was 4 days

Old 05-18-2006, 12:55 PM
Yes you can trust a lot of us, yes we are human and we make mistakes and yes it sucks when that happens. All I ask is that I am never again compaired to a Pedophile. That kind of insult really is not needed.
There are times that Honda will change an order, or times when a car gets detroyed while being shipped. Unfortunatley when things like that happen, we dont get a memo with BOLD letters saying. Mr or Mrs Smiths car was FUBARED in transit. Please call them immediately and tell them that. Sincerely Honda

All we get is a slip of paper that is a credit. The sales department Doesn't see that paper at all, as it goes right to our accounting dept. It is a shame that the salesperson didnt pay attention to the transmission, however it is small print and says 5M or 5A. If you let excitment over a sale get the better of you it can be missed. It is still my responsibility to provide you with as much accurate information as possible.

I am a succesful, well respected and proud car salesman. (that is not a pedophile)! I pay attention to the details and put my customers needs above my dealerships.
Neal

Old 05-18-2006, 01:16 PM
LOL, Neal, I must say I cringed when I read the pedophile comparision and agree that remark was NOT warranted!!

And I'm sure there are many respectable salesmen out there; I'm just very disappointed and needed to vent a little! ;- )

Old 05-18-2006, 03:00 PM
Originally Posted by Mazee
LOL, Neal, I must say I cringed when I read the pedophile comparision and agree that remark was NOT warranted!!

And I'm sure there are many respectable salesmen out there; I'm just very disappointed and needed to vent a little! ;- )
Venting I have no problem with, I do plenty of it myself

Old 05-18-2006, 04:20 PM
5 Year Member
Unless you got a VIN#, do you think the dealer could have sold your car to someone else for more money and told you that the car was still awaiting delivery?

Old 05-18-2006, 06:21 PM
^^No, I think now that maybe I just understood and thought the car was unsold when actually it was already spoken for. I went by there today and they showed me several people's deposit checks, so actually I'm fifth in line, but they have three Fits coming in early next week so it might not be THAT long 'til I get one.

The blaze orange is not coming in 'til Monday now, not sure why. But I went ahead and put down a deposit as well, and will probably accept any color but black or red.

Here's a question, maybe a dumb one: how do you convert the other colored cars into a sport model like the blaze orange? Or can you only get the sport in the orange? I forgot to ask at the dealership.

Old 05-18-2006, 06:28 PM
5 Year Member
Not sure what you mean by 'convert'

Most colors have the option of coming in the base trim or Sport. Just tell the dealer what trim you want. Lunar Mist only comes on the base and Blaze Orange only comes in the Sport.

Damn my car is meant to be here 3rd/4th week of May. No sign so far. Maybe I should drop by the dealership on the way back home tonight

Old 05-18-2006, 06:28 PM
doesn't every color have a base and sport model except the Lunar Mist? i'm looking at the bouchure right now.

Old 05-18-2006, 06:35 PM
Originally Posted by oOo LinDa
doesn't every color have a base and sport model except the Lunar Mist? i'm looking at the bouchure right now.
Blazed Orange is only available on the Sport trim, according to the website.

Old 05-18-2006, 06:39 PM
Originally Posted by dancingsun
Blazed Orange is only available on the Sport trim, according to the website.
haha your correct sorry, didn't realize that.

Old 05-18-2006, 07:05 PM
OK, so that's the terminology I need to use, "sport trim?" No converting needed, lmao!!

Crimsona, hope you get your car next week!

Old 05-18-2006, 08:41 PM
i m going to pick up my car.....so happy

Old 05-18-2006, 08:58 PM
i just put in a deposit today they said it would take about 60 days or sooner

Quick Reply: Waiting Time