General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Waiting Time

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2006, 10:12 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by switchbrdopr
I got my VIN when I put my deposit down. I had heard that a dealer gets the VIN 10-14 days before delivery, but it was over a month before my Fit finally showed up.
I've had my VIN for several weeks now. It was issued when the car was assigned to port, and was loaded on a ship.

Old 05-17-2006, 10:15 AM
5 Year Member
Thumbs up

My dealer just called me! The truck dropped of my Fit about 20 minutes ago!!!!!

I've got a meeting in 15 minutes that'll last about an hour. They are getting it ready for me, as I type this.

I'm taking the rest of the day off, after the meeting, to bond with my new baby!!! WOO HOO!!!!

Happy days!!!

David
'07 Fit Sport, Milano Red, auto

Old 05-17-2006, 10:41 AM
I put my deposit down on Saturday, will be getting it mid July. I had to drive to Milwaukee to do it though, as the dealer in Madison was out until November.

Old 05-17-2006, 10:55 AM
What's with these dealers being out until...? My local dealer emailed me saying they were out of 2006 stock, and yet in their newspaper ad they say new Fits arriving daily? Needless to say I went elsewhere, I had originally ordered an Orange one, it has come and gone, now waiting on a white one, due early June.... deposited week before release

Old 05-17-2006, 10:56 AM
Originally Posted by wyy183

I've got a meeting in 15 minutes that'll last about an hour. They are getting it ready for me, as I type this.

I'm taking the rest of the day off, after the meeting, to bond with my new baby!!! WOO HOO!!!!

Happy days!!!

David
congrats for you!!!

I wanna see some pics when you get the chance

Old 05-17-2006, 10:59 AM
Originally Posted by Minder Thr33
Don't tell me that I'm approaching one month and since I live in Mississauga, I was so hoping for sometime this week.
How is it that I ordered mine after some of you that live in my area, and I should be getting it before you? Oh gosh...that makes me nervous...now I'll be expecting a "bad news" phone call!!

Old 05-17-2006, 11:52 AM
Originally Posted by Fit For A Queen
How is it that I ordered mine after some of you that live in my area, and I should be getting it before you? Oh gosh...that makes me nervous...now I'll be expecting a "bad news" phone call!!
I'm just basing it on their initial guestimate. They told me 3-4 weeks. So I expected it this week. I'm calling them right now to see what the status of the car is.

Old 05-17-2006, 12:32 PM
I got off the phone with my Honda dealer and she said it was expected any time from tomorrow to the 24. She's going to call me back with the VIN number, so that's good news that it's on the way.

Old 05-17-2006, 12:52 PM
Does anyone else find it riddiculous to wait for a 16k car? For the average buyer(the one you dont find on a message board) they would go buy something else. ie yaris.

Old 05-17-2006, 01:06 PM
Originally Posted by FijiSi06
Does anyone else find it riddiculous to wait for a 16k car? For the average buyer(the one you dont find on a message board) they would go buy something else. ie yaris.
its not just the price but the quality of the car. have you seen the yaris in person??

Old 05-17-2006, 01:26 PM
Master FitFreaker
Originally Posted by wyy183

Happy days!!!

David
damn lucky u wish they call me I cnat wait to see that moment for my fit

Old 05-17-2006, 03:10 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by aziatiklover
damn lucky u wish they call me I cnat wait to see that moment for my fit
I GOT MY FIT!!!! YIPPEE!!!!

First stop, after the dealer, was to top off the gas tank. Took another 2.8 gallons to top it off.

It is now showing 15 miles. It had 4 when I got it.

Came back to work and co-workers were all over it. We've already been over the stereo and the magic seats. There's one guy who has a Civic Ex coupe who's ready to go trade it. I told him he'd have to wait a while. His Civic is Milano Red, as well.

Sure is fine! Sure is shiny!

Oh, they had to knock a little more off the price as we had agreed to a payment at 5.85%, and Honda raised rates to 5.99%. Payment is the same, however.

After having driven a couple of MT Fits, I agree that the AT is quicker.

I did confirm the 2900 rpm at 80 mph a while ago!! Just as smooth as it can be!!!

David
'07 Fit Sport, red, AT - 15 miles

Old 05-17-2006, 03:20 PM
Congratulations! You're now officially part of the Fit owner's club!

Old 05-17-2006, 05:57 PM
the dealer told me that my fit is at the CA port on 5/9 and said will be at the dealers around 7-8 days, but it had been 8 days now, still no news

Old 05-17-2006, 06:03 PM
o0o LinDa I see that you are in Houston, do you mind telling who you are getting your Fit from?

I'm not real happy with John Eagle right now, it seems that I have not been getting "real world" delivery estimates. First it was 2 weeks, then another 10 days was added on and now it is estimated to be the end of the month for delivery. No one over there seems to be able to tell me where it's at in the transit process.

Jim

Old 05-17-2006, 06:09 PM
Originally Posted by Wiggles
o0o LinDa I see that you are in Houston, do you mind telling who you are getting your Fit from?

I'm not real happy with John Eagle right now, it seems that I have not been getting "real world" delivery estimates. First it was 2 weeks, then another 10 days was added on and now it is estimated to be the end of the month for delivery. No one over there seems to be able to tell me where it's at in the transit process.

Jim
If it makes you feel better, I have a customer that has a deposit on a fit and the date has been pushed back 5 days so far. I assume it is because there are a few other cars with the same delivery dates and they are trying to fill a truck. Unfortunatley these are things us dealers dont get answers to. It certainly does not help the situation with customer relations

Old 05-17-2006, 06:28 PM
5 Year Member
Just got the VIN... the dealer told me I should get it next week !
Philippe

Old 05-17-2006, 06:45 PM
Originally Posted by ngoldberg
If it makes you feel better, I have a customer that has a deposit on a fit and the date has been pushed back 5 days so far. I assume it is because there are a few other cars with the same delivery dates and they are trying to fill a truck. Unfortunatley these are things us dealers dont get answers to. It certainly does not help the situation with customer relations
As a customer, I honestly don't mind if my car is pushed back a few days AS LONG AS I'm told by my salesman/dealer what's going on.
Currently that's not the case. I feel like a second rate customer

Old 05-17-2006, 07:47 PM
i ordered mine on may 3rd and the salesperson called me saying it should come a the beginning of jne...no vin# yet...i'll call him tomorrow and see if he has a vin# for me just to bug him...and 1 week before the car comes he'll ask me for tinting %...first time experiencing this...is there a site that i can see how the different % tint looks like?

Old 05-17-2006, 08:11 PM
I have waited for so long, I almost forgot that I've purchased the car. : )

Quick Reply: Waiting Time