General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Waiting Time

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2006, 01:10 PM
Originally Posted by Wiggles
I have a deposit on one also, a Sport A/T. It was supposed to have been built 04/25 and the dealer has the VIN number now but no one seems to be able to tell me when it will arrive.
hey interesting, maybe ours will be shipped on the same date. I called the dealership and he said mine is coming from japan also and they already have a VIN # but he said more likely the first or second week of june

Old 05-16-2006, 01:29 PM
5 Year Member
I have a deposit on one also, a Sport A/T. It was supposed to have been built 04/25 and the dealer has the VIN number now but no one seems to be able to tell me when it will arrive.

How long does it take for the cargo ship to cross the Pacific?

Does anyone know if they unload them on the West Coast and ship by rail or will it come straight to the Port of Houston?

I saw a build date of 04/25 in a post above and they already got theirs so hopefully mine will be in soon. I'm ready to get my deposit back...........
It takes about a week to get to California. Then it has to go through customs, and American Honda is performing whatever stuff that they need to do to it (like the windshield fix...) and then it gets loaded on trains, if necessary.

THEN, it takes a couple of days to go by rail to Texas (those of us on the east, the trains are split and some go to Illinois, some go to Alabama, and yet others go off to the Northeast somewhere...)

Once it arrives at the proper location, it is then trucked to your local dealer.

Mine is on a truck.

=====

Last Friday the sales manager at my local dealer wanted to know if I wanted to run down to Alabama and pick mine up. I told him to hook up a trailer to a Ridgeline and I'd go get it. We both laughed at that!!

The service manager made a comment when I saw him yesterday, that he could have build one from scratch by now.

Mine was built 5 1/2 weeks ago - so if that helps anyone NOT get their hopes up more than they should, and be more realistic about it.

I've got all kinds of stuff ready for it. I have my Jazz emblem (which I am debating whether I'm going to replace the Fit one, or not,) the cargo cover is in my garage, as is a license plate frame, exhaust finisher, and a bottle of touch-up paint. I have my iPod power connector, 1/8" cable, and my iClick remote. I'll be burning some MP3 CD's later today.

The good news is that the paint will have cured and I'll be able to apply a nice coat of wax to it as soon as I get it!! Gotta have a positive attitude, I guess!!

David - twiddling my thumbs!!!

Old 05-16-2006, 02:49 PM
June 2007 1st Place Fit of the Month Winner
5 Year Member
keep waiting guys !!!

Old 05-16-2006, 03:06 PM
I feel for you guys but the wait will be worth it. This thing is really fun for what it is.

Old 05-16-2006, 03:10 PM
I'm getting black-eyed already, and this is only the second day of my wait! Everyday, I lay in bed and just couldn't get my VBP Fit Sport out of my mind!

Old 05-16-2006, 03:34 PM
i didn't make deposit but sign a pre sale contract on 5/13 and will be getting the car in a wk

Old 05-16-2006, 04:36 PM
I understand that the VIN is not given to the dealer until the car is on the ground in the US. Does anyone know if this is true?

My dealer told me that they have a VIN for the Fit I'm waiting on.........

Jim

Old 05-16-2006, 07:14 PM
I "bought" mine at the end of April, ultimately was told that they had to order from Japan. Built May 10, hopefully have it at the end of May...though I figure it'll be beginning of June at least before I see it.
I'm soooooooooo anxious. It sucks!

Old 05-16-2006, 07:22 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Fit For A Queen
I "bought" mine at the end of April, ultimately was told that they had to order from Japan. Built May 10, hopefully have it at the end of May...though I figure it'll be beginning of June at least before I see it.
I'm soooooooooo anxious. It sucks!
I'm anxious too but on a positive note, june is in 2 weeks...
Philippe

Old 05-16-2006, 07:25 PM
I was told 3 months wait for my vivid sport mt. Its nonsense. i hate waiting. I got lucky with my Si so no waiting there.

Old 05-16-2006, 07:30 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by FijiSi06
I was told 3 months wait for my vivid sport mt. Its nonsense. i hate waiting. I got lucky with my Si so no waiting there.
When did you placed your order ??

Old 05-16-2006, 10:35 PM
the 11th of may. i know i havent waited long but honestly im not a patient man.

Old 05-16-2006, 11:13 PM
Be patience my friend.

I ordered mine end of March, and the car is still no show.

Just got a word from my dealer saying, my fit's built date is May 30, I don't expect my car to show up until end of June or sometime in July.

Old 05-17-2006, 12:52 AM
I know i should be patient but when i want to buy something i dont like waiting. Im calling tommorow for an update. If i bug them enough theyll get moving for me.

Old 05-17-2006, 01:04 AM
Originally Posted by tchen
Be patience my friend.

I ordered mine end of March, and the car is still no show.

Just got a word from my dealer saying, my fit's built date is May 30, I don't expect my car to show up until end of June or sometime in July.
Don't tell me that I'm approaching one month and since I live in Mississauga, I was so hoping for sometime this week.

Old 05-17-2006, 01:14 AM
I'm used to waiting: I saved $500 a month for 2.5 years to buy my '91 Miata with cash, then waited 2 months last year to get my wife's Prius (but thank you Toyota for not allowing the dealers to mark-up over MSRP, so it didn't matter what dealer I dealt with unlike the Honda dealers with Fit mark-ups), so a six week wait for a Fit is nothing-- delayed gratification is so sweet.

Old 05-17-2006, 08:37 AM
5 Year Member
I got some bad news last night.

Build date on mine was April 7th.

Two weeks ago they were showing Dealer ETA 5/16-20

Last week it changed to Dealer ETA 5/14-16

Yesterday is changed to Dealer ETA 5/30-6/2 ?!?!?

It's been sitting in Alabama for 6 days. They are supposed to load on a truck within 72 hours of arrival.

Sales Manager has multiple calls in to try to find out what the heck is going on with my car!!!!!

David - waiting less patiently, as time goes by!!!

Old 05-17-2006, 09:05 AM
i'm hating the waiting game...

mine doesn't look like it will be in til end of May or early June.

Old 05-17-2006, 09:33 AM
Originally Posted by dancingsun
I'm getting black-eyed already, and this is only the second day of my wait! Everyday, I lay in bed and just couldn't get my VBP Fit Sport out of my mind!
Just wait til you get the car! Even after a month, I still find myself going to the window just to admire my cute little Fit. And even at $3.00 a gallon, I find any old excuse to go for a ride.

Old 05-17-2006, 09:39 AM
I understand that the VIN is not given to the dealer until the car is on the ground in the US. Does anyone know if this is true?

My dealer told me that they have a VIN for the Fit I'm waiting on.........

Jim
I got my VIN when I put my deposit down. I had heard that a dealer gets the VIN 10-14 days before delivery, but it was over a month before my Fit finally showed up.

Quick Reply: Waiting Time