General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Waiting Time

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2006, 10:44 PM
ASM LX/MT here! I got mine last week.

Old 06-13-2006, 05:36 AM
Originally Posted by Ah Ed
are u in markham as well? my fit is here and ready to be picked up on thursday...but parents not free till saturday...
oh and i think i'm still the only one getting interior illumination? i'll try to get pics asap when i get it
No i'm from Montreal but we're on the same shipping of Fit ....
When i'll go by Markham, i'll stop to see you guys on one of your meet.
I will have some interior illumination but i'll do it myself....i'll post pics too

Old 06-13-2006, 08:01 AM
5 Year Member
2 dealers and almost 2 months later.

The first fit I drove was an AT sport, convinced that I could not afford it I put $500 down on a base model in black. The dealer told me 1.5 to 2 weeks. Happy as all hell that I was getting a fit I floated out of the dealership (first time actually buying from a dealler).

I called at the 1.5 week mark, sales guy was not there and nobody ever called me back. Called the next day, sales guy tells me that it's on one of 3 trucks and it should be anyday now. Call on the 2 week mark, dealer sounds a bit annoyed that I keep calling and tells me that the car is still not there. At this point I reminded him that I was in need of this info as I had to sell my current vehicle that they decided had no tradein value. Also told him that I found it a little annoying that I can track a $10 book online more acurately than I can this car of which I have put $500 down on.

He told me it could be here in about 3 to 4 weeks!

I found another dealer who was willing to work with me and didn't care how much I called, showed me his itinerart sheet and in about another 2 weeks I traded in my Ford for a nice red Sport AT Fit. (in a way I'm glad I had the time to think about it more, I love it!)

I have also filed a complaint with the original dealer about the sales guy. When I went in to get my deposit back I anticipated an argument, the manager was very polite and didn't even try to change my mind. It took the original sales guy 3 weeks to call and find out why I had cancled the order.

From this I have learned to shop around and find the right dealer. Don't do them any favors.

-C-

Old 06-13-2006, 08:06 AM
Wow, you got your money back fairly easily. I'm not looking forward to that if I have to go that route. I don't foresee it being such an easy task.

After calling the dealer yesterday, posing as a regular customer- the lady answering the phone said they'd have storm silver base models in by two weeks and I could get a call if I wanted. I called back later asking when my car would arrive, spoke to one of the sales guys (not my own of course ugh!) and he says "I don't want to give you the wrong information" and after all this mumbo jumbo "I've been in this business 30 years and know what to expect"), he tells me it looks like it could be coming the first week of July. UGGGGHHH Who do I friggin' believe?! Why can't I get a straight answer? I swear, my next tactic is going there physically and getting them to show me their itinerary sheet! In the meantime, I've been in touch with another dealer and hopefully he will be straight with me and let me know when they get some in stock.

Last edited by dotseurat; 06-13-2006 at 08:10 AM.
Old 06-13-2006, 08:18 AM
5 Year Member
Mine is supposed to be in at the end of the week. I ordered it in April, so that makes about 7 weeks waiting time......

Old 06-13-2006, 08:41 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by dotseurat
I swear, my next tactic is going there physically and getting them to show me their itinerary sheet!
Do it! Remember, your buying from them and this may be an well priced car but it is still a rather large investment. More so than say...a cd from amazon. They all have itinerary sheets and they should be doing everything to make you happy and cozy in your purchase. If we don't buy cars, they don't make money. If they give you a hassle about getting your money back, make some noise, it's still your cash until they deliver the goods.

Even with there delivery listings there is about a 3 day window, and if you get anything special from the dealer that may delay the car. I got a special coating on my interior and my paint which added a wopping 2 hours to my wait. The main thing though is that at the second dealer, they were able to show me or tell me on about a day to day timeline where the car was i.e. it's on a train somewhere in the U.S, or It's in Chicago, we know that much!

I got lucky with that dealer. Don't know if it was becuase I walked in there kind of irritated already and made it clear that if I felt unsure about it at all I would walk out and go to another dealer.

-C-

Old 06-13-2006, 02:37 PM
5 Year Member
Five More days.

Old 06-13-2006, 07:46 PM
I put down my deposit on Saturday, 2006-06-10. Dealer told me originally it would be 6-8 weeks, so around middle of August. According to him, 2 more deposits were put down between when he quoted me that timeframe and when we put down our deposit, and that now I was looking at mid October. I'm sure hoping it comes in sooner than that.

How long after placing your order did you guys start getting information about your car, i.e. build date, etc?

--JOsh

Old 06-13-2006, 08:19 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by CR_Turboguy
I put down my deposit on Saturday, 2006-06-10. Dealer told me originally it would be 6-8 weeks, so around middle of August. According to him, 2 more deposits were put down between when he quoted me that timeframe and when we put down our deposit, and that now I was looking at mid October. I'm sure hoping it comes in sooner than that.

How long after placing your order did you guys start getting information about your car, i.e. build date, etc?

--JOsh
I was told a build date before I paid my deposit. Now I have been told today that my cars last know whereabouts was California. Could arrive between the 15th thru the 19th. Could be this week. YES!!!

Old 06-13-2006, 09:29 PM
to those who are quoted for more than 4 weeks of delivery, i will suggest not to put down your deposit.
i had bad experience about putting down the deposit. here is the thing, they are selling the fits quicker than you can catch them on the lots, specially the sport model. any salesmen will be able to sell it while your own salesman not even knows about it IS in stock/in the lot!!!
maybe it just happened to me. i called and caught my saleman on his day-offs and not being informative enough after 3-4 weeks of leaving my deposit. worst of all, he probably will tell you, the color you requeted is hard to find, we are getting automatics, we are only getting this and that, the car has lo-jack, accessories, etc. all kinds of excuses.
think about it, if the dealership can't even provide you with a VIN, you are looking at an indefinite waiting time.
what i did to get my Fit was, email all the dealership at your area at a weekly basis, u might just find one or two available that particular day, tell them you will get it, agree on a price, take it.
waiting for it to come to you is kinda hard, because who don't want to sell it at a better price? put your position as you are the sales manager at the dealership. they will only call you if they can't sell the car after a few days of trying over msrp or something, right?
to me, start to enjoy the car and save my gas from high prices will offset a little extra amount of money, and most of all, hassles.
it is not a pricey luxury car, like you are saving few thousand dollars if you wait, we are only looking at maybe a couple of hundred dollars here. 4-5 full tank with the extra miles that you are going, the money is there already.
see what i am saying?
be active, search it and take it for a reasonable offer, too many people are waiting for the Fits.

Old 06-13-2006, 09:33 PM
5 Year Member
Dealer tricks?

Originally Posted by CR_Turboguy

--JOsh
Is your dealer taking payments from multiple people on one fit? If it gets awkward get a vin number from him/her on the one YOU are buying, and do the itinerary thing. Makes it a bit harder for them to delay it if they have to show you the location of it.

They told me where it was before I put my payment down and gave me the vin.

Hope you get it soon! October is soo far away

Old 06-13-2006, 11:02 PM
Originally Posted by Okietom
I was told a build date before I paid my deposit. Now I have been told today that my cars last know whereabouts was California. Could arrive between the 15th thru the 19th. Could be this week. YES!!!
o0o always glad to hear the words "its in california"

when they called me on saturday to tell me it was in cali and i got the car the following wednesday so just be glad, its near... very near!!

Old 06-13-2006, 11:19 PM
5 Year Member
When my salesperson got the VIN for my car she called and said that it is in the middle of the ocean. As wet as that sounds it was still good news.

Old 06-13-2006, 11:24 PM
Originally Posted by Okietom
When my salesperson got the VIN for my car she called and said that it is in the middle of the ocean. As wet as that sounds it was still good news.
Yeah, as long as they mean on a boat and not literally in the middle of the ocean, good news!

Old 06-14-2006, 12:12 AM
Well, according to the dealer, since they did not have any in stock, we would be ordering ours, that way we could get just the options we wanted.

I'm starting to wonder now though, is our order going to come out of their June/July/August allocation? I guess I'm not familiar enough of how their 'ordering it' actually works. Do they send in a request to Honda and it gets built, or do they have to wait their turn to put in 'x' number of build requests?

--JOsh

Old 06-14-2006, 12:48 AM
well i ordered mine on may 3rd and it's here yesterday...just waiting for tinting and accessories...plus my parents are working until sat...so...6 weeks wait...dunno build date tho sry

Old 06-14-2006, 08:47 PM
5 Year Member
Four more days.

Old 06-14-2006, 09:56 PM
I went into a dealership last Friday night around 4:00pm and drove off 3 hours later in my storm silver m/t sport fit. No waiting at all. Guess I got real lucky. Had not even researched the car until Thursday night and decided then I wanted one. Was not aware of the huge demand for them. Hope everyone gets theirs soon.

Old 06-14-2006, 10:00 PM
Originally Posted by dtexman
I went into a dealership last Friday night around 4:00pm and drove off 3 hours later in my storm silver m/t sport fit. No waiting at all. Guess I got real lucky. Had not even researched the car until Thursday night and decided then I wanted one. Was not aware of the huge demand for them. Hope everyone gets theirs soon.
Oh ho ho! I sense an army of envious FitFreaks starring at you!

Old 06-14-2006, 11:33 PM
5 Year Member
If I had not been picky I would have one now. Two chances at a silver sport auto and one on a black sport manual. Even a couple of base models that I can't even remember the color or trans. First new car in many years and I waited on the one I wanted.

Quick Reply: Waiting Time