General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Waiting Time

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2006, 02:24 AM
Originally Posted by wyy183
My dealer just called me! The truck dropped of my Fit about 20 minutes ago!!!!!

I've got a meeting in 15 minutes that'll last about an hour. They are getting it ready for me, as I type this.

I'm taking the rest of the day off, after the meeting, to bond with my new baby!!! WOO HOO!!!!

Happy days!!!

David
'07 Fit Sport, Milano Red, auto
I am SOOOOOOOOOOOO happy for you, how great!

Old 05-27-2006, 02:40 AM
Originally Posted by PaganFit
You must have really wanted a new car now! I would have gone to another Honda dealer. I think the Fit is worth the wait no matter how long. You couldn't pay me enough to buy the Yaris. Not that it won't work for others, I just can't stand the styling. Looks too cheap and too much like the echo and the old Geo metro. It is what it is... an econobox. Good luck with it anyway. I hope you enjoy it. It does get great gas millage and it ranks up there with the Fit.
Why didn't you look into the Toyota Corrolla S? That is a pretty cool car with more options, great millage and sportier looks? You can get a 5 speed manual too! Just a question.
I agree, the Yaris is BUTT, and I too am thinking of a Corrola S .
32 city/ 40 HWY, better MPG than the fit, but not better looks!

Old 05-27-2006, 02:53 AM
Originally Posted by JazzDiva
Visited Fort Myers, FL dealership Wed 5/24. They'd lured me there saying they had a list of incomings and could add me to it. Internet manager had one thing to say, but after he left, miraculously the list was "full" so I walked.Internet manager called back next day and said a $500 "first right of refusal" deposit would hold an incoming Sport Fit of unknown mfg date and color, possibly to arrive before June 10. So I am holding there. Then Naples, FL dealer invited me to test drive a black 5-speed, which I don't want, but at least I finally laid eyes on and saw and drove the car. I was ready to buy the car simply based on the cool mailing Honda sent me. Then I read the online reviews and I was totally hooked and ready to trade my 2003 Civc. Anyhoo---I walked out on the 5-speed because I want an automatic. Called Sarasota and they had none, same for Port Charlotte, FL. This SUCKS! I was shocked to hear back from Sarasota guy today -- a blue Sport is suddenly available, apparently wasn't the color the buyers wanted, so I'm on my way up there tomorrow, with all my MSRP research, Edmunds, FitFreak and Blue Book resesarch in hand.

FINGERS AND TOES CROSSED -- 24 hours from now I may have my Fit. After reading what you guys have been through, it would possibly be a miracle. Wish me luck!

Sleepless in Fort Myers!
Don't bother coming any further North, unless you LIKE $2500 over MSRP
Cars are nice but the dealers are real sleaze

Old 05-27-2006, 02:55 AM
Originally Posted by Fudgie
We put a deposit down today for a blue Sport automatic. Will be my first new car...woohoo! The dealer gave us a build date of June 23 and actually showed us the list of Fits in their pipeline with descriptions of each. They only had 5 on the list for next month, all automatics, 3 Sports. They said that they typically get their cars within 2 weeks after the build date. Hopefully they are right, since we have a weekend trip to Wisconsin planned the weekend after July 4. A month+ isn't too bad, will give me more time to save up and get the best insurance rate possible (Chicago is expensive!). Got a pretty good price too: $300 under MSRP, in writing.
I'd have a rental standing by, Damn, $300 under sticker?? Let me know when that ship sails-unbelievable. Hope it stands!

Last edited by Cheffy Dave; 05-27-2006 at 02:59 AM.
Old 05-27-2006, 10:25 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Cheffy Dave
Have you read about toyota's engine sludge problem? people say its fixed but i've seen a few reports of matrixes afflicted by this. toyota is a real jerk about warranty on it too they will accuse the customer of not properly maintaining the car. (the corolla and the matrix share an engine i believe)

do a search on it. I knew i wanted a honda but i was looking at toyotas also, after i learned about this i just didn't want to deal with them.

Old 05-27-2006, 10:46 AM
Slude was only in the V-6 up to 2003, due to the small oil return path, and only when using regular oil,Synthetics did not have this problem. That's all I use in my Tundra, BUT my Son had his engine in his Tundra replaced with one quick call to
Toyota Program Headquarters. Again only the V-6, and NOT the 4 Cyl. BTW it IS fixed

Old 05-27-2006, 11:01 AM
HOOORAY! My Fit is in! I thought it would be another MONTH but I got pleasantly surprised this morning!
They have to do the tint and stuff...I pick it up on Tuesday. HOORAY!!!! :-D

Old 05-27-2006, 06:40 PM
Congratulations, FFAQ!!!!!!!!! I'm excited for you!!!

Old 05-27-2006, 06:52 PM
Fray Adjacent for sure.. yah when everyone gets their car we should have a meet.

Long, of course.. when i get my car i'll have joe drive it to you or something..

Fit for a Queen.. i'm so glad your getting your car already.. my dealer called me and said maybe sometime next week but we all wanna see pics though

Old 05-28-2006, 10:47 AM
5 Year Member
This thread gets bumped til I get mine. I'm still waiting. Since April 28th when I paid my $500 deposit. Estimated build date May 18th, Estimated arrival, the end of eternity. White sport auto.

Old 05-28-2006, 09:18 PM
Originally Posted by Okietom
Estimated arrival, the end of eternity.
At least you have an arrival date!

Hope it comes sooner than later for you. I have to wait till August!

Old 05-28-2006, 10:46 PM
5 Year Member
It will just seem like eternity. I think that it is really gonna be around the end of June.

Old 05-28-2006, 10:57 PM
Master FitFreaker
june 10th plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Old 05-29-2006, 02:33 AM
I knew I wasn't going to start seriously looking for my Fit until I had leisure time after school ended, and that there seemed to be few of my desired color available in the south SF Bay area anyway. This past week I got a call from a salesman who'd given me a test drive in early May in a different colored Fit-- his dealership had gotten in a few of my color, so I arranged to see them Saturday, but on Friday (Graduation Day) he called back to say other salesmen had sold them--really cuttroat competition even within a given local dealership!

The happy ending was that I got my grades handed in Friday, then called Howie at Gilroy Honda on Saturday & bought their in-stock Taffeta White base Fit MT-- just what I had wanted, with essentially no waiting from when I got serious about it-- fortunate situation.

Old 05-29-2006, 08:01 AM
Originally Posted by Bill L
The happy ending was that I got my grades handed in Friday, then called Howie at Gilroy Honda on Saturday & bought their in-stock Taffeta White base Fit MT-- just what I had wanted, with essentially no waiting from when I got serious about it-- fortunate situation.
Congrats on the car. Funny how things work out for the best sometimes.
Did you graduate or are you a teacher? Congrats either way for making it through another school year!

Old 05-29-2006, 09:52 AM
You're right--things do work out. I'm a community college instructor with 33 years down & 1 to go, so the Fit is my retirement car a bit early--whoopee!

Old 05-30-2006, 01:34 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Bill L
You're right--things do work out. I'm a community college instructor with 33 years down & 1 to go, so the Fit is my retirement car a bit early--whoopee!

So you could say that you have been waiting on your Fit for 33 years? That beats my wait time.

Old 05-30-2006, 03:40 AM
Originally Posted by Cheffy Dave
You don't want the Corrola S, you want the LE.

http://autos.msn.com/research/compar...1647&v=t102628

If the fit had the civic's engine, i'd be all over the fit. The lack of power is no fun at all Hell, give me a diesel fit. 50mpg Fit TDI anyone?

Old 05-30-2006, 10:14 AM
dammit, im tried of waiting...

Old 05-30-2006, 10:22 AM
I work at a Honda Dealer in Clarksville TN so I have the benefit of not having to put a deposit down. We can't even keep the FIT's on the lot though. We initially had 6 and all but one manual is gone. Actually, that one may be gone too. I've already gone through finance on my Blaze Orange Metallic FIT Sport. I know it's already on its way here but it's taking forever! I guess it goes from Japan to somewhere in Europe to California then to here. As of Friday (27th) it was in Europe. My arrival date changed from the 24-28th to NOW the middle of June. I was pissed, I was hoping to have it this weekend. So now I just wait ...

Quick Reply: Waiting Time