General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Waiting Time

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2006, 08:26 PM
So I talked to the sales manager earlier. Allocation for August is THREE Fits! Two automatics and a manual... Good news is... The manual is my Blaze orange metalic sport!!! He said he is 90% positive there won't be a problem but he is also a realist and doesn't want to say Honda won't screw it up. He is crossing his fingers that this one doesn't get screwed up seeing all the issues I've had with them already. Now I just have to sit and wait!

I hate waiting...

Old 05-26-2006, 08:39 PM
Originally Posted by oOo LinDa
yah, true but its still sucks having to wait soOo long
A buddy in Houston sent a pic of a nice Fit with 16" rims at a dealership down there recently. He has an xB and is sayin he likes the Fit... he might end up trading!

You're not too far, if there's ever a get together, maybe I'll see ya. Take it easy!

Old 05-26-2006, 08:44 PM
Master FitFreaker
Originally Posted by Fray Adjacent
Just heard from the internet sales manager I was dealing with. It will take about two months to get in the Fit I want (silver Sport manual).

Bummer. At least I should be able to save a little more cash for a downpayment.
damn thats a long time bro cuz at gillman they ahd the 5 speeds mt and silver as well I didn't take it cuz I wanted blue or orange. Oh well I'm happy with my choice now at least I got the color just not the rite tranny that i wanted.......... over all I'm happy everyone in the family can drive my car now in 2 weeks baby yeaaaaaaaaaaaa btw Linda I want to see yours yo

Old 05-26-2006, 08:47 PM
5 Year Member
In April, the dealer said they were expecting four in May. The three that arrived were sold. The Fit is made in Japan and has done more traveling than me!

Old 05-26-2006, 08:48 PM
Master FitFreaker
Originally Posted by conchewski
In April, the dealer said they were expecting four in May. The three that arrived were sold. The Fit is made in Japan and has done more traveling than me!
man yall dont get much cuz at gillman honda here in houston they get 8 at a time

Old 05-26-2006, 09:16 PM
5 Year Member
Being last on the May allotment was meant to be a good thing, a lucky thing. Until the wrong color arrives. I am now going to have to wait until July.

I'm going to go into a corner and cry like a sissy.

God dammit.

Old 05-26-2006, 09:53 PM
5 Year Member
I think you may have lots of company in that corner!!!

Old 05-26-2006, 09:54 PM
5 Year Member
I just put a deposit on a blue sport, got a build date of Jun 9. They said I should get it in 4-6 weeks.
I also got a peek of their allocation list, they are getting about 4 fits a month from honda.

Old 05-26-2006, 10:52 PM
I picked mine up today, so that was about a month wait. That's not too bad considering I'm reading reports of people ordering recently and waiting until July/August

Old 05-26-2006, 11:26 PM
Haha, I'm not too upset about the wait, it will allow me to save a little more cash to put down, and make a couple more payments on my current car, which will bring the payoff amount down a bit more.

Old 05-26-2006, 11:45 PM
Someone that Posts too much
I feel your pain bro's and sista's...

Old 05-26-2006, 11:48 PM
Master FitFreaker
Originally Posted by GoFit
I feel your pain bro's and sista's...
amen

Old 05-26-2006, 11:52 PM
Visited Fort Myers, FL dealership Wed 5/24. They'd lured me there saying they had a list of incomings and could add me to it. Internet manager had one thing to say, but after he left, miraculously the list was "full" so I walked.Internet manager called back next day and said a $500 "first right of refusal" deposit would hold an incoming Sport Fit of unknown mfg date and color, possibly to arrive before June 10. So I am holding there. Then Naples, FL dealer invited me to test drive a black 5-speed, which I don't want, but at least I finally laid eyes on and saw and drove the car. I was ready to buy the car simply based on the cool mailing Honda sent me. Then I read the online reviews and I was totally hooked and ready to trade my 2003 Civc. Anyhoo---I walked out on the 5-speed because I want an automatic. Called Sarasota and they had none, same for Port Charlotte, FL. This SUCKS! I was shocked to hear back from Sarasota guy today -- a blue Sport is suddenly available, apparently wasn't the color the buyers wanted, so I'm on my way up there tomorrow, with all my MSRP research, Edmunds, FitFreak and Blue Book resesarch in hand.

FINGERS AND TOES CROSSED -- 24 hours from now I may have my Fit. After reading what you guys have been through, it would possibly be a miracle. Wish me luck!

Sleepless in Fort Myers!

Old 05-26-2006, 11:59 PM
Master FitFreaker
Originally Posted by JazzDiva
Visited Fort Myers, FL dealership Wed 5/24. They'd lured me there saying they had a list of incomings and could add me to it. Internet manager had one thing to say, but after he left, miraculously the list was "full" so I walked.Internet manager called back next day and said a $500 "first right of refusal" deposit would hold an incoming Sport Fit of unknown mfg date and color, possibly to arrive before June 10. So I am holding there. Then Naples, FL dealer invited me to test drive a black 5-speed, which I don't want, but at least I finally laid eyes on and saw and drove the car. I was ready to buy the car simply based on the cool mailing Honda sent me. Then I read the online reviews and I was totally hooked and ready to trade my 2003 Civc. Anyhoo---I walked out on the 5-speed because I want an automatic. Called Sarasota and they had none, same for Port Charlotte, FL. This SUCKS! I was shocked to hear back from Sarasota guy today -- a blue Sport is suddenly available, apparently wasn't the color the buyers wanted, so I'm on my way up there tomorrow, with all my MSRP research, Edmunds, FitFreak and Blue Book resesarch in hand.

FINGERS AND TOES CROSSED -- 24 hours from now I may have my Fit. After reading what you guys have been through, it would possibly be a miracle. Wish me luck!

Sleepless in Fort Myers!
wow I cant believe I read your whole story lol anyway good luck bro that was fast for u lucky

Old 05-27-2006, 12:27 AM
Sorry, I was venting wasn't I?
So, is that your car in the photo and, if so, what's the hood --- special order -- where, cost, etc. It's HOT!

Old 05-27-2006, 01:12 AM
5 Year Member
i ordered mine may 8th

still waiting on a BOM or VBP sport mt said it might be the end of june b4 i get it

Old 05-27-2006, 01:33 AM
We put a deposit down today for a blue Sport automatic. Will be my first new car...woohoo! The dealer gave us a build date of June 23 and actually showed us the list of Fits in their pipeline with descriptions of each. They only had 5 on the list for next month, all automatics, 3 Sports. They said that they typically get their cars within 2 weeks after the build date. Hopefully they are right, since we have a weekend trip to Wisconsin planned the weekend after July 4. A month+ isn't too bad, will give me more time to save up and get the best insurance rate possible (Chicago is expensive!). Got a pretty good price too: $300 under MSRP, in writing.

Old 05-27-2006, 01:45 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Fudgie
The dealer gave us a build date of June 23 and actually showed us the list of Fits in their pipeline with descriptions of each. They only had 5 on the list for next month, all automatics, 3 Sports. They said that they typically get their cars within 2 weeks after the build date.

I hope that two weeks after build date is right for you but I read otherwise on this forum.

Old 05-27-2006, 01:54 AM
Originally Posted by Okietom
I hope that two weeks after build date is right for you but I read otherwise on this forum.
Yeah, we have our fingers crossed. It would be much nicer to drive a brand spanking new Fit on a medium-length trip than my girlfriend's '95 Saturn (aka Roughshift McStallsalot )

Old 05-27-2006, 02:11 AM
Originally Posted by Redglare45
How long after putting a deposit would it take for me to get my Fit?
I just put a deposit this weekend 05/13/06, and they said the car shipped on May 9th. Has anyone had this kind of experience?
yeah, sleazers sold it out from under you! Say buh bye FIT!

Quick Reply: Waiting Time