General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

My first weekend with my Fit! I'm in love!

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2010, 02:05 AM
5 Year Member
Thumbs up My first weekend with my Fit! I'm in love!

So I thought I'd write up my first impressions of my very first brand new car after I've had a couple days to really get behind the wheel and drive around.

This. Car. Is. Awesome.

Of course, I'm coming to this car from a beat-up 1997 Chevy Cavalier, so I'm probably very easy to impress. (For example, I'm still in awe about having power windows & doorlocks, something my Chevy didn't have, lol.)

To me, the ride is quiet and the shifting is smooth. I've seen a lot of people complaining about road noise. I don't hear any! I'm probably biased since being in the old car sounded like sitting inside a jet engine, and every time you moved up a gear, boy did you hear it AND feel it! I've had more than a few friends pop in to take a ride around and they've commented about how roomy and comfortable it is, even in the back. I do feel the bumps, but I'm kind of used to that, and the suspension is still much better than my old car. Plus no suspension in the world can make the NYC streets feel smooth. Too many potholes!

But all in all I'm very happy!

Two little things that happened that I thought were funny: first, I thought I had a rattle, and from some things I'd been reading on the forums I was thinking, "Oh no! This is going to drive me crazy unless I can open the dash and find it!!" But it turned out to only be the tool kit that came with the car - the dealer had left it under the back seat and the sound was echoing. Stowed it away with the spare and it's fine. Also the first night I was driving it around I had such a problem with fog all over the windows! And since I hadn't done the no-AC mod to the defrost yet, I couldn't figure out why.

Then I got home and cracked open the manual and the reason was that I had it on recirculated air the whole time. I got in the habit of doing that because my old car had a slow leak in the fuel line and if you used the fresh air vent - oh boy did it smell! LOL I completely forgot I don't have to worry about that with my new Fit.

Old 01-12-2010, 11:10 AM
5 Year Member
i was in a similar situation and had the same reactions as you when i got my fit 15 months ago. 15 months later my only annoyances are the harsh ride... i feel every nick in the road but i can deal with it.

the roaming rattles have seemingly settled into one spot... the weather strip on the driver's side door.

and for whatever reason my MPG are worse than last winter.

Old 01-12-2010, 06:45 PM
5 Year Member
I felt every nick in the road with my old Chevy, but it was the painful kind of feel. The difference to me is that the Fit makes me 'aware' of them but it's not hurting my rear end when its rear end hits a pothole! LOL.

Old 01-12-2010, 08:31 PM
Congratulations on getting her!

Old 01-13-2010, 05:13 AM
5 Year Member
Looks like you found yourself a keeper in your GE. Congratulations.

Post photos

Old 01-13-2010, 10:35 AM
5 Year Member
congratulations!

i can guarantee that the obsession only grows deeper. after 3 years of ownership i still get excited about driving my GD3

Old 01-14-2010, 01:25 AM
5 Year Member
Thanks for all the congrats! I feel like I won an award lol.

Originally Posted by Type 100
Looks like you found yourself a keeper in your GE. Congratulations.

Post photos
I will post pics! As soon as the weather is nice and sunny enough for me to wash her. She's already all dusty from the roads. But this weekend I think the sun is gonna come out, so I'll take some then.

Old 01-14-2010, 01:52 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by GD3_Wagoon
congratulations!

i can guarantee that the obsession only grows deeper. after 3 years of ownership i still get excited about driving my GD3
Agreed, I feel the same about my GD1 Flaws and all, at its core it's just a damn fine car that's always game for anything.

Old 01-14-2010, 03:45 AM
5 Year Member
congrats.. u are officially a fit freak