General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

The FIT is NO?!?!?...my horrid dealer experience

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2006, 09:39 PM
The FIT is NO?!?!?...my horrid dealer experience

see summary in my last post

Last edited by Alan_Fits; 05-12-2006 at 08:28 PM.
Old 05-11-2006, 09:49 PM
Hope you left the new buyer a note and some pictures documenting the problem! Maybe put a couple of them in some out of the way places like the spare or the tool kit.

Old 05-11-2006, 10:03 PM
I was at work all day thinking about that, but couldn't come up with an idea. It wasn't until after I had returned the car to Kuhn that I realized I could have left a nice love letter in the owners manual. Doh!

Old 05-11-2006, 10:20 PM
5 Year Member
dang, I'm a bored man...can't believe i just read thru your century long story...anyway, i can picture your pain, it's a nightmare situation...but at least you got something back, and you shouldn't abandon Honda because of a sh1tty dealer, you can just goto another one, and make sure honda hears your story, i'm sure they'll love how bad dealers lose their customers...and btw, scion is NOT go.....

Old 05-11-2006, 10:31 PM
you should post the VIN number of your FIT here. I'll make this post a sticky.

Old 05-11-2006, 10:45 PM
Originally Posted by fitjunkie
dang, I'm a bored man...can't believe i just read thru your century long story...anyway, i can picture your pain, it's a nightmare situation...but at least you got something back, and you shouldn't abandon Honda because of a sh1tty dealer, you can just goto another one, and make sure honda hears your story, i'm sure they'll love how bad dealers lose their customers...and btw, scion is NOT go.....
Had Kuhn not rescinded their offer of the loaner car while they found my replacement, I'd be gung-ho for another Fit. But given the situation and given the high demand for the Fit, I couldn't afford to wait weeks upon months without a car in the hopes that I'd find another Fit in my area without the dealer markup (amazingly, Kuhn was one of the few local dealers without a mark-up on the Fit).

While the xB is certainly a different breed of b-segment vehicles, it is a fantastic little vehicle. When deciding on my purchase the xB came in at a close second to the Fit. Unfortunately I need a car ASAP...and fortunately for me a local Toyota dealership took the opportunity to come forward and help me out tremendously. They didn't have to give me a loaner...but they did, and for that I am deeply greatful.

FaceYogurt...I'll get the VIN posted momentarily. Paperwork is out in my fiance's car and it is pouring outside.

Old 05-12-2006, 12:25 AM
you should hide a note in the owners manual of the car
telling the new buyer he got screwed

Old 05-12-2006, 01:06 AM
Master FitFreaker
any cliff notes?? sorry too lazy lol

Old 05-12-2006, 01:29 AM
Cliff notes

Originally Posted by aziatiklover
any cliff notes?? sorry too lazy lol
Most car dealerships are occupied with vultures who care nothing about you, the customer, and will screw you any way they can.

Their rallying cry is "Buyers are liars".

Old 05-12-2006, 01:37 AM
June 2007 1st Place Fit of the Month Winner
5 Year Member
that was out of hand what you went through...i would just blow pu at the dealer if it was me...

Old 05-12-2006, 01:42 AM
Wow, the poor guy who bought yours...And I was about to put a deposit on my Fit too! Glad things worked out for you though.

Old 05-12-2006, 02:59 AM
damn that sux

Old 05-12-2006, 06:24 AM
From reading your post, I couldn't say that Kuhn Honda was terrible. I think they did a pretty good job handling your problem. They did, in fact, offer very reasonable options. Sure, it's true that they shouldn't sell off a car they knew had issues, but I'm sure even Toyota of Tampa Bay would too, given the chance...and we can't assume that the new owner wouldn't opt for the repaint, or even care. I think their biggest problem was not handling your transaction separately, by avoiding jokes and letting you know your vehicle's being sold off even before the ink dries.

I think the most you can expect from any dealership is customer satisfaction. As long as you're happy with your purchase experience, then that's all that really matters. Why?...because you're gonna get screwed regardless.....integrity among dealerships is only superficial. Remember, they're a business, not your friend. Furthermore, "a good deal" is only in the eyes of the beholder. lol

Old 05-12-2006, 09:23 AM
Make sure you report them to Honda. Just go on www.honda.com. I'm sure you can email them through that. If all these customer service surveys they are doing mean anything to Honda, hopefully they will do what they can to make sure you leave a satsfied customer.

Old 05-12-2006, 09:32 AM
5 Year Member
Damn that second owner has a hell of a lawsuit if they knew it was used.

I'm just thinking about all of the money they can make if you left a note in the owners manual. That dealer would lose its ass and honda would probably stop shipping cars to them thats rediculous.

Old 05-12-2006, 01:03 PM
5 Year Member
I have the same color Fit, can you tell me exactly what to look for? I just washed it last night about sundown but I was in the shade and didn't notice anything unusual except that it was so clean and the sparkle was just blinding, just kidding, but it does look so awesome clean. Anyway, let me know what to look for and I'll see if I'm in the clear or not. Still under 1k so I should figure out the probs soon. Thanks for the notice. Sorry you had a bad experience, but I hope you enjoyed your 1 week with the car.

Old 05-12-2006, 01:24 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by FitCustomer
Honda Co of America should have a mechanism in place
for getting the next available FIT to a dealership in situations like this.
What a joke that the Honda Corp guy suggests that you could trade it in for
another FIT sport (Option 2), knowing how scarce they are.
I'm not sure how option 2 is any different from the mechanism you said Honda should have. Sounds like it was exactly that.

The only problem is the fact that all upcoming cars have been claimed, which means at least here, the 'next available' means sometime in July/August.

Old 05-12-2006, 02:01 PM
Originally Posted by switchbrdopr
Make sure you report them to Honda. Just go on www.honda.com. I'm sure you can email them through that. If all these customer service surveys they are doing mean anything to Honda, hopefully they will do what they can to make sure you leave a satsfied customer.
I came here again to say the exact same thing. I had a horrible experience buying the Fit with Hardin Honda Anaheim, and I called the main Honda to report them about it. I don't know how effective it is, but at least I've done what I can on my part to let the higher people know what's going on. And of course, you can go to other Honda forums and warn the other people too

As Bukwheat says, it's how business work a lot of times. Of course it's wrong of them, and it never occured to me that dealers would do something like this. I'm especially shocked because I was really close to buying a Fit I haven't seen myself. I guess it's a lesson to me that I should never agree on a car unless I've checked it with my own eyes.

Old 05-12-2006, 02:19 PM
This episode is very discouraging to me. I have only one Honda dealer I'd consider and I think they want to sell me an upscale Civic (or they just don't have many Fits?). (I am not even to the point of serious negotiation.) Should I wait for a Hybrid Fit that gets 60 MPG, but takes to years to get on order? I have an adquate and economical car (95 Geo Prizm) and it is paid for. No car payments--even @ $3/gal---buy a lot of gas!!! I have been excited about the Fit, but now I think I will just sit back until the dust settles (or the paint dries--a terrible story, Alan, and I don't blame you for going to another maker. I expected better quality from Honda!! A LOT better! )

Old 05-12-2006, 02:21 PM
Exclamation

Originally Posted by FitCustomer
Honda Co of America should have a mechanism in place
for getting the next available FIT to a dealership in situations like this.
Tell that to my old dealer that didn't even get my car in the first place after placing a deposit in January and waiting!

Quick Reply: The FIT is NO?!?!?...my horrid dealer experience